Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jun 2019, 18:37 (Ref:3909425)   #51
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Is it a parody account?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Amazingly, no. It is their actual account.
I believe the answer is yes, it is a parody account AND yes it is their account. And unlike other brands, IHOP(IHOB as they joked), Wendy's and some others, they were being serious about attacking others who might call them out. I think Haas has to be seriously reconsidering the branding, it can't be a good reflection on them being associated. My single Facebook post was not kept when I asked on a Hass posting about what the court judgement would mean for the colors and logo, I figure they don't really want the controversy there. But they took the money, hopefully ALL upfront.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3909433)   #52
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post

I however CAN get the Bob Ross Energy Drink in the US. Haas should look into them as a new sponsor.

Richard
I can't believe this is real, and after looking ir up I can't believe how brilliant it is! It is actually Bob Ross Positive Energy Drink.

I bet it mixes well with rum, and enough will make you only see happy little clouds.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 22:45 (Ref:3909454)   #53
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Rich continue to make friends.

Attachment 53271
I just saw this and am blown away! Go after Harris, that will surely endear you to F1 and automotive fans.

Called him a hack today
Old 11 Jun 2019, 23:01 (Ref:3909459)   #54
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Nobody is that stupid, this has to be a deliberate strategy
Well, they've got people talking about them... maybe they've seen that being an unmitigated a-hole gets results in the current world

I just don't see what the end game is to this marketing campaign
I don't think the end game involves making any actual energy drinks.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 23:31 (Ref:3909462)   #55
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I just saw this and am blown away! Go after Harris, that will surely endear you to F1 and automotive fans.

Called him a hack today
That's a couple tweets today attacking Top Gear and Harris, seems like a poor choice
Old 12 Jun 2019, 02:21 (Ref:3909474)   #56
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wonder if there is an escape clause that allows Haas to keep its funding (assuming paid in advance) and to jettison Rich Energy due to damaging behavior? This is a serious question.

Haas has to be regretting its association with this circus.

Richard
Old 12 Jun 2019, 08:10 (Ref:3909493)   #57
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wonder if there's more to this than meets the eye. Rich Energy aren't exactly making themselves popular with tweets like that
Old 12 Jun 2019, 08:21 (Ref:3909494)   #58
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I wonder if there's more to this than meets the eye. Rich Energy aren't exactly making themselves popular with tweets like that
Their messaging can be described at best as 'mixed'.

On one hand, they are trying to position themselves as the plucky underdog who will ultimately prove successful against the might of others.
Hence the 'attacks' on apparently larger organisations such as Red Bull, BBC, The UK Crown.......
This fits in with aligning themselves to other less high profile brands - Haas, Ultima.....

But at the same time, they also claim to be a big player.
Hence the 'attacks' on those who they attempt to belittle such as Whyte, Harris etc. and boasting about being backers of F1.

Until they decide on a coherent marketing approach to align their company's ideals with, then their 'marketing' will continue to be haphazard and inconsistent.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 12:29 (Ref:3909787)   #59
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Until they decide on a coherent marketing approach to align their company's ideals with, then their 'marketing' will continue to be haphazard and inconsistent.
It almost feels like marketing geniuses think that it the same as guerrilla marketing and campaigns that go viral. You can't reproduce or force something that has little to no pattern and depends on the whim of random actors. Or you have to spend the money and have the dumbest profession ever of "influencers" constantly instfacechatting (to steal old guy cfb coachspeak) about you.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 15:19 (Ref:3909817)   #60
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
More media picking up on the social media circus on Twitter...

https://www.driving.co.uk/news/diver...est-reactions/

The "Fake Rich Energy" Twitter account might prove to be interesting.

Richard
Old 17 Jun 2019, 21:08 (Ref:3912533)   #61
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
in all honesty the company's social media presence reminds me of a beauty product brand, whose ceo/owner/whatever ran the accounts and was problematic on multiple occasions, and slowly had a mental health meltdown on social media and in interviews. it got so bad that he was ousted eventually by the other members of the board.
Old 18 Jun 2019, 06:40 (Ref:3912605)   #62
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I just don't understand where the money is coming from, both to sponsor the F1 team and to pay for all these empty cans of energy drink. It just doesn't stack up.
Old 18 Jun 2019, 06:58 (Ref:3912609)   #63
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Sniff Petrol's take on the situation:
https://sniffpetrol.com/2019/06/17/r...lacement-logo/
Old 18 Jun 2019, 07:10 (Ref:3912610)   #64
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

But - the bottom right one is just an 'E' for Energy right?
Old 18 Jun 2019, 07:14 (Ref:3912611)   #65
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:

But - the bottom right one is just an 'E' for Energy right?
You don't work on their legal team do you?
Old 18 Jun 2019, 07:37 (Ref:3912616)   #66
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
You don't work on their legal team do you?
Well clearly everyone is out to get us.

We come up with a logo that represents the deer in Richmond Park (where we are based), and then some jumped up bike company decide their logo (which doesn't have as many horns) is similar to ours and takes us to court.

Well guess what, if McDonalds think they can get away with copying our logo we'll see them in court too.

Their logo used to be crossed arches with an arrow through, and it is only when they saw the genius of our 'E' that they uncrossed the arches to copy us.

Next thing you know, they'll probably come up with some evidence of how they have been using it since 2003, and that our 'E' is just a rotated version of their logo. But we're not having it an 'E' is not an 'M'. And we're definitely all about the 'E's here at Rich Energy.

In fact, we've just had another idea for a tagline - if Coca Cola can be about the Coke - then our new tagline is: Rich Energy, we're fuelled with 'E'
Old 18 Jun 2019, 08:48 (Ref:3912627)   #67
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Well clearly everyone is out to get us.

We come up with a logo that represents the deer in Richmond Park (where we are based), and then some jumped up bike company decide their logo (which doesn't have as many horns) is similar to ours and takes us to court.

Well guess what, if McDonalds think they can get away with copying our logo we'll see them in court too.

Their logo used to be crossed arches with an arrow through, and it is only when they saw the genius of our 'E' that they uncrossed the arches to copy us.

Next thing you know, they'll probably come up with some evidence of how they have been using it since 2003, and that our 'E' is just a rotated version of their logo. But we're not having it an 'E' is not an 'M'. And we're definitely all about the 'E's here at Rich Energy.

In fact, we've just had another idea for a tagline - if Coca Cola can be about the Coke - then our new tagline is: Rich Energy, we're fuelled with 'E'
You have answered my question, you clearly DO work for their legal team (or if you don't, it looks like you'd fit in well!)
Old 28 Jun 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3914660)   #68
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://formulaspy.com/formula-1/ric...q-5U9mAQNRVGLw

Rich Energy lose the right to appeal and further court orders are placed on them. It's quite funny to read.
Old 28 Jun 2019, 18:20 (Ref:3914665)   #69
Richard C
Veteran

Three things...

1. They have to disclose their sales. I assume this is to help define size of infringements and ultimately a payout to Whyte? So do they keep the number small to reduce exposure, but then it's clear nobody is buying (or able to buy) their product, or go high in an effort to back up sales claims, but increase the size of payout to Whyte?
2. Infringementing items are to be given to Whyte (unlikely) or destroyed. Whoever handles industrial aluminum recycling wherever they have those unfilled can stashed is likely to get some business!
3. Is Rich Energy going to come out swinging again on social media? Given they seem to have a thin skin and react poorly, someone is going to troll them in an effort to create drama. In short...are adults now in charge of social media at Rich Energy?

Richard
Old 28 Jun 2019, 18:54 (Ref:3914674)   #70
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Three things...

1. They have to disclose their sales. I assume this is to help define size of infringements and ultimately a payout to Whyte? So do they keep the number small to reduce exposure, but then it's clear nobody is buying (or able to buy) their product, or go high in an effort to back up sales claims, but increase the size of payout to Whyte?
2. Infringementing items are to be given to Whyte (unlikely) or destroyed. Whoever handles industrial aluminum recycling wherever they have those unfilled can stashed is likely to get some business!
3. Is Rich Energy going to come out swinging again on social media? Given they seem to have a thin skin and react poorly, someone is going to troll them in an effort to create drama. In short...are adults now in charge of social media at Rich Energy?

Richard
Given how poorly run they are, I can imagine them lying about sales figures and not destroying the branded merchandise.
Old 29 Jun 2019, 07:29 (Ref:3914729)   #71
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Has anyone ever found this stuff at point of sale?!
Old 29 Jun 2019, 07:33 (Ref:3914731)   #72
Heavyd123
Rookie

Heavyd123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rich Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

An advert appeared on amazon the other day to buy a case of the stuff...
Only £30 for 24 cans, they even advertise whytes bikes on them!

Last edited by Heavyd123; 29 Jun 2019 at 07:42.
Old 29 Jun 2019, 07:37 (Ref:3914734)   #73
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd123 View Post
I advert appeared on amazon the other day to buy a case of the stuff...
😂😂😂😂
Old 29 Jun 2019, 18:11 (Ref:3914811)   #74
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
For sale on Walmart.com
12 cans for US$25.99 + delivery

Retail prices and they aren’t even ice cold...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Jun 2019, 15:24 (Ref:3914995)   #75
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It just looks like any of the other hundreds of off-brand/in-store energy drink brands.
Apparently it tastes as bad as a generic off brand energy drink too.