Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Jan 2016, 00:22 (Ref:3608919)   #1
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic Group 6

I am researching a small capacity original Group 6 sports car that raced in 1966 and 1967.
Can anyone help me with information about what current Historic or other categories or events it would be eligible to race in in the UK and Europe.
Old 29 Jan 2016, 05:07 (Ref:3608961)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Try:

http://www.mastershistoricracing.com.../championship/

Or:

https://peterauto.peter.fr/en/platea...durance+Racing
Old 29 Jan 2016, 07:16 (Ref:3608974)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
There is a third option for the car, Pre-80 Endurance, co-ordinated by HSCC and Auomobiles Historiques (Flavien & Vanessa Marcais). It combines the previous HSCC Martini Trophy cars with a wider choice.

Regulations- http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Pre_80..._Regs_2016.pdf
Old 29 Jan 2016, 07:26 (Ref:3608976)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That looks interesting.
Old 29 Jan 2016, 09:16 (Ref:3608999)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Martini was not getting big grids, neither was AH's series, so made sense to try combining. Will be interesting to see how the season goes for them. Would be fun to do in a Sports2000!

There is a further race this season that the car could possibly be accepted for (difficult not knowing what it is...), Carol Spagg's '1000km' 3hr race at Donington Historic Festival end of April. The 1000km was tried as a series but again didn't attract big enough grids. For Donington the eligibility is widened considerably.

Regs- https://gallery.mailchimp.com/cb6b04..._20161_19_2016)
Old 29 Jan 2016, 16:11 (Ref:3609074)   #6
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, both the HSCC series and that 3hr race would be ideal for a car that I'm currently semi prepping for its owner. Realisticly the car needs a complete rebuild from the chassis up but the owner doesn't see it so I doubt it would do 3 minutes let alone 3 hours at present. Quick scan of the regs for both show the need for HTP which I think would be a stumbling block as its a one off though we do have proof it competed in the European Sportscar Championship rounds at both the 'Ring and Jarama.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 29 Jan 2016, 21:01 (Ref:3609140)   #7
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info guys. There seems to be plenty of scope for a solid schedule of racing.
Do the Masters have the Sports cars at all rounds or only selected ones.
Does the Goodwin Whitsun Trophy cater to small class '66 cars
Old 30 Jan 2016, 06:30 (Ref:3609192)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob View Post
Thanks for the info guys. There seems to be plenty of scope for a solid schedule of racing.
Do the Masters have the Sports cars at all rounds or only selected ones.
Does the Goodwin Whitsun Trophy cater to small class '66 cars
Masters Sportscars is an official FIA championship, and the events are on their website here-
http://www.fia.com/events/masters-hi...ric-sports-car

Not that familiar with Whitsun Trophy, but thought it catered just for big bangers. If you look at qualifying results last year you'll get the idea.... http://www.tsl-timing.com/event/123721/session/qu1wht

Old 30 Jan 2016, 06:49 (Ref:3609193)   #9
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think a pre 84 Sports 2000 must be one of the most cost effective ways to get in to some very nice historic events.

I also wonder if a 1979 Clubmans car could be eligible, did they ever race in proper international endurance races back in the day?

Last edited by andy97; 30 Jan 2016 at 06:59.
Old 30 Jan 2016, 07:37 (Ref:3609201)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I think a pre 84 Sports 2000 must be one of the most cost effective ways to get in to some very nice historic events.

I also wonder if a 1979 Clubmans car could be eligible, did they ever race in proper international endurance races back in the day?
Yes, agree about Historic S2000, although it didn't result in too many joining Martini when admitted. Think we had a HS2 owner posting on tenths at the time.

Believe the idea of Clubmans joining was discussed a year or two ago with regard to Martini, but not taken further. Think lack of International history may have something to do with it.
Old 30 Jan 2016, 11:01 (Ref:3609226)   #11
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of cours Clubmans cars did race internationally in F2 and F Atlantic but obviously single sweaters. Not sure about Sportscars, must see if there's any mention in my "Lone Furrow" book. Paul Lawrence will know.

Of course at least one raced in Thundersports but dont think that counts as International and probably too late.
Old 30 Jan 2016, 18:06 (Ref:3609323)   #12
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you'll see more Sports 2000 representation in the Pre-80 series this season. There are two (possibly three) Royales and one Tiga that I know of (one Royale is mine). This invitation class gives the opportunity to race amongst some seriously exotic machinery at very reasonable cost. Also, when we're not playing with the HSCC, the SRCC Sports 2000 series gives us another (even better value) series to run in. An Historic S2 in the SRCC (pre-83) can run in the main Pinto championship, the dedicated Historic races and the combined Duratec/Pinto Enduro rounds. What other proper racing car can you buy for @ £25k, with relatively low running costs, that gives you that much scope?
Old 30 Jan 2016, 18:34 (Ref:3609337)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Good news Chris! I'm sure the S2000s will acquit themselves well, and look forward to watching them with a tinge of envy.....

Hopefully the series will still be going when I get my Gp6 car restored and race ready!