Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Feb 2016, 07:48 (Ref:3610426)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Retromobile

Probably the most stylish classic car show in Europe.....
Old 1 Feb 2016, 17:40 (Ref:3610621)   #2
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its not as good as it used to be. has turned a little folksy and silly market type stalls are taking over…

Undoubtedly the best show in europe is the Techno Classica Essen. If you haven't been my suggestion is go..I would certainly prioritise Essen over retromobile.

Flights cheap. hotels reasonable, taxi from dusseldorf and it is a much nicer place to be than Paris. germans are nice people to be around.

Also Dusseldorf on the river and Ald stat are great nights out.
Old 2 Feb 2016, 06:32 (Ref:3610809)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
To be fair it is a few years since I went to Retromobile. Will be interesting to hear reports from tenthers going this week.....

I've read good reports about previous TCE shows, but suspect for some Paris is still a bigger lure. And it also is not expensive to get to!
Old 2 Feb 2016, 18:48 (Ref:3610976)   #4
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re- Essen We go every year..groups of 6 work well.

Flights £110 return, Ncle, MCR or Leeds to dusseldorf..Nevel looked at london flights.

Hotel (2 nights) works out £90 (2 sharing)
Taxi from Dusseldorf to show..about £60 for 5 / 6 in a people carrier

plus beer money..

Did retromobile 2 years ago..A shadow of how it used to be and Paris is hideously expensive…Plus I suppose a greater chance of being shot!!

N
Old 2 Feb 2016, 19:25 (Ref:3610990)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I don't think anyone is doubting you have a good time and get a good deal!

But the thread is about the French show.....
Old 2 Feb 2016, 23:23 (Ref:3611068)   #6
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I visited the preview this evening... Much bigger than I expected and some spectacular machines on display. Well worth the visit.