Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Oct 2010, 11:45 (Ref:2767698)   #1
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Dijon June 2011

Can anyone confirm dates of Dijon Historic Meeting in June 2011.
Understand it may have moved to last weekend of June rather than third weekend.

Sorting a run in Alps for the gang around the date which has to be confirmed in next three days.Seven of the tribe are also due to run in the race meeting.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 19:36 (Ref:2767900)   #2
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't they have two meetings a year? One in June and the other one in October?
See www.gpao.fr

I know one Dijon mustard, err sorry marshal. I'll let him ask around.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 17:19 (Ref:2770422)   #3
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi everyone,

Dijon Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or 2011 => 25/26 June

Best, Duddha
Old 6 Oct 2010, 18:15 (Ref:2770463)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any idea of categories? Might be nice to spend my birthday in France.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 06:32 (Ref:2770680)   #5
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Louis.It's one of best of year.
We will be at meeting and then starting on Monday have a social six day rally type run through the Alps starting in Dijon and including Klausen and many Historic Alpine rally stages.Will be taking Pre War as well as Post War cars so need a race at Dijon that caters for the old bangers.How about Pre War and Post War up to 2.5 litres 1951 vintage?Come on organisers.Always had a race when meeting was in Paris before all these Brit organisers tuned up and Jack was king.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 17:18 (Ref:2770949)   #6
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
John, want to put something together with us ? We love the Brits so why don't you contact us directly and we'll see what we can do. Louis.

http://www.gpao.fr

contact-gpao@orange.fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Thanks Louis.It's one of best of year.
We will be at meeting and then starting on Monday have a social six day rally type run through the Alps starting in Dijon and including Klausen and many Historic Alpine rally stages.Will be taking Pre War as well as Post War cars so need a race at Dijon that caters for the old bangers.How about Pre War and Post War up to 2.5 litres 1951 vintage?Come on organisers.Always had a race when meeting was in Paris before all these Brit organisers tuned up and Jack was king.
Old 12 Feb 2011, 13:54 (Ref:2830095)   #7
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

We will have four cars at Dijon.

A run through the Alps is being organised by us starting on Monday from Dijon area to Aix les Bains the following Sat morning including many of the major Alpine Passes.Its decent hotels and we have two spare spaces.Cars from twenties to sixties.Proper dinners and no buffet!

If anyone interested contact me.

We are limiting it to 14 cars
Old 12 Feb 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2830163)   #8
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is Mega John. Some day..........
Old 12 Feb 2011, 20:19 (Ref:2830227)   #9
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Dijon is running past the management this evening . . . assuming the camper thing is mended ( another story) . . . . it could be the last race I do before I go over the hill, and there's lots of reasons to do it . . . . If I'd restored the other car I'd be cruising with the gang, next time!
Old 12 Feb 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2830277)   #10
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alpine tour sounds excellent, would love to bring the Chariot but Brands Superprix is on 1-3 July so it just doesn't fit. There's always a but.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 08:22 (Ref:2830441)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
there's Ifs as well as buts Colin, don't forget the If's
Old 25 Feb 2011, 10:12 (Ref:2836630)   #12
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
NEWSLETTER

Hey everyone,

our Newsletter was sent out yesterday with all the informations about the grids we will receive at Dijon in june, if you want to see it, PM with your mail and I'll send it to you !

Patrick & Duddha.
Old 26 Mar 2011, 13:00 (Ref:2853489)   #13
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Press Release

UNTIMED PRACTICE WILL BE ON THURSDAY.

FOR THE GARAGES PLEASE SEND US AN EMAIL at contact-gpao@orange.fr.
Old 26 Mar 2011, 15:47 (Ref:2853569)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddha View Post

UNTIMED PRACTICE WILL BE ON THURSDAY.

FOR THE GARAGES PLEASE SEND US AN EMAIL at contact-gpao@orange.fr.
And dont forget to get the money up front louis for the garages. No more Mr nice guy. Trey bien
Old 31 Mar 2011, 13:35 (Ref:2856364)   #15
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully will be there again this year, in my SZ in Pre-63GT and co-driving Mike Thorne's Healey in the Woodcote.

Looking forward to it - Surely last year's weather was just a blip?

However, I'm struggling to get car transport this year. Anyone got two spaces on a transporter, they'd like to flog for a reasonable price?
Old 31 Mar 2011, 17:34 (Ref:2856443)   #16
Peter Horsman
Racer

Peter Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cannot do Dijon this year, but Rob Hale might be up for it if one car fits in the back of his LWB Merc van. Want contact details?