Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 May 2002, 12:00 (Ref:286160)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good News Le Mans on TV Next Friday Night

Just nipped into my local WHSmiths, had a quick flick through next weeks Radio Times and at 7.30 next Friday Channel 4 will be showing 30 mins of highlights from last years race, I for one will be tunning in.
Old 14 May 2002, 12:25 (Ref:286181)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent.

But is this to save face over not showing this year's race, or to whet our appetites for the coverage to come?
Old 14 May 2002, 12:36 (Ref:286193)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lets hope that it appetites for the coverage to come.
Old 14 May 2002, 13:03 (Ref:286232)   #4
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they'd look pretty stupid showing last years highlights without any other plans...although i guess they've paid for them so intend to use them.

happy memories though
Old 14 May 2002, 20:53 (Ref:286658)   #5
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice, lets get ready for Le Mans 2002
Old 15 May 2002, 11:18 (Ref:287124)   #6
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some may have seen my earlier post re an e.mail from C4 re coverage of this year LM.
From what I have been led to belive then we can expect a couple of build up programs, this being the first. then a couple of hours worth of coverage over saturday night and sunday night.
The channel 4 web page 4Car makes no mention of this or any other programs though.
the good news is that Penny Mallory should be on rally duty and hopefully Alain De Cadnet will be busy elsewhere as well!
now is the time to email channel 4, a few emails will make a big diffrence.
ps If you do, mention the tour de france cycle race for me as will! I missed to coverage last year.
Old 15 May 2002, 11:40 (Ref:287150)   #7
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
nordic

a few questions...

do you know the email address for c4?

don't you watch le tour on eurosport?

why do the french get all the great sports events?

and is de cadanets cravat coming down in his place?

rah!!
Old 15 May 2002, 11:57 (Ref:287174)   #8
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
1.the e.mail address is; rbremner@4car.co.uk or editor@4car.co.uk
2.I don't have a dish for eurosport
3.Life is not always fair, besides we have fish and chips & Tony Blair
4.he is a strange guy, who has done alot of racing and we Brits should all be proud of his cravet!
Old 15 May 2002, 12:23 (Ref:287214)   #9
kdr
Veteran

nordic

1.i shall mail them straight away...we provide pictures to them, so i shall alert them to our selection from pq - and hope this gees them along a bit.

2.you should get eurosport if only for david duffield and his incomparable tour de france commentary.

3.too true...didn't think on it like that

4.i hope his cravat gets the third seat in the morgan
Old 15 May 2002, 17:57 (Ref:287504)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice exchange, you two - I can always rely on the forum to put a smile back on my face after a ing awful day at work......
Old 15 May 2002, 18:06 (Ref:287509)   #11
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
From what I have been led to belive then we can expect a couple of build up programs, this being the first.
Any idea what the build up programmes are ? The Film, the making of the film and AdC's drivers eye view ?

SL
Old 16 May 2002, 12:46 (Ref:288025)   #12
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally posted by SL

Any idea what the build up programmes are ? The Film, the making of the film and AdC's drivers eye view ?

SL
Simon,
Email the editor on the above address he may give you a listing and timetable.
Old 17 May 2002, 16:59 (Ref:289040)   #13
kdr
Veteran

just had a reply from channel 4.

"channel 4 is planning some coverage of the race - we have yet to decide whether 4car will cover it in a big way or not"

:confused:
Old 20 May 2002, 12:34 (Ref:290260)   #14
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
There is another reason why Ch4 may not be showing much of Le Mans this year, as well as WRC from Greece, but Ch4 will also be showing the 3rd Cricket Test Match between England and Sri Lanka from Manchester.
Old 20 May 2002, 13:06 (Ref:290326)   #15
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
There is another reason why Ch4 may not be showing much of Le Mans this year, as well as WRC from Greece, but Ch4 will also be showing the 3rd Cricket Test Match between England and Sri Lanka from Manchester.
The way England play, that will be over by Sunday if it starts on Friday!!
Old 24 May 2002, 10:04 (Ref:294580)   #16
kdr
Veteran

the weather in london this morning seems to be trying to replicate the race last year. just thought i should post here to move this back up the board....not that any of you needed reminding to watch c4 tonight
Old 24 May 2002, 10:40 (Ref:294615)   #17
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
not that any of you needed reminding to watch c4 tonight
Thanks anyway!

FG
Old 24 May 2002, 10:45 (Ref:294622)   #18
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I will be there camped in front of the TV at 7.30 tonight, I think my housemates might get band from watch Corrie tonight........
Old 24 May 2002, 11:07 (Ref:294670)   #19
kdr
Veteran

i'm going to throw a bucket of water over my head at 7.33pm
Old 24 May 2002, 12:05 (Ref:294760)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
i'm going to throw a bucket of water over my head at 7.33pm
I'm just going to bring the water butt in from the back garden and sit in that......

Then I'll go off and get changed......

And then do it all over again........!
Old 24 May 2002, 13:16 (Ref:294893)   #21
kdr
Veteran

watch your hair doesn't get wet
Old 24 May 2002, 14:00 (Ref:294978)   #22
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
What hair!?

(Sorry Ayse)
Old 24 May 2002, 18:46 (Ref:295257)   #23
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to ww.4car.co.uk there is a second programme on Friday, June 7th at 8:00pm, but no idea if ch4 are covering the race
Old 24 May 2002, 18:55 (Ref:295260)   #24
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Checked their website, they look like live on line coverage but little on TV. As you say another prog on the 7th. I would guess a warm up for this years race

Quite good coverage all in all.

Simon
Old 24 May 2002, 19:11 (Ref:295263)   #25
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not that impressed with tonight's programme, lots of jumbled up 0.5 second shots of both this year's and last year's cars without any clear thread or theme to the commentary. Nothing much for the real Le Mans fan.

I supposed it's only to be expected, and I still watched it all the way through whilst telling the ankle biters to can it! And it's always good to see anything about Le Mans. But it could be so much better.

FG