Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 29 Jun 2005, 10:28 (Ref:1342662)   #1
David_T
Rookie

David_T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Italian/Monza GP - Advice

Hi,

A group of us are thinking of going to the Italian GP this year.

We will be in Nice the day before and are thinking of driving up on the sunday morning (viaMichelin estimate 4h30m).

Anyone know if this is possible/worthwhile ?

We would get near Monza about noon but is this too late; i've seen posts suggesting you need to be there from 8am to make sure you get your seat.

Anyone got suggestions on whether we should park in Milan and get the train etc. or park at the circuit ; how bad is traffic generally ?

Which are the best stands/seats to watch from ?

Regards

David
Old 29 Jun 2005, 20:49 (Ref:1343280)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
only advice i can give is monza is something you really need to do over a full weekend. if you're going to camp you have to be there on friday to get a place.

if i were you i'd research parking and see whether it's possible to do that. the train won't be pleasent.

and look for tickets asap, i'd imagine it would be fairly well booked out. if you get general admission, you want to be up your tree of choice by 6am...
Old 29 Jun 2005, 21:12 (Ref:1343305)   #3
David_T
Rookie

David_T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bella,

Cheers for the advice,
Unfortunately we only arrive in Nice the day before so it is sunday or nothing.
We are planning on booking for the €170 stands ... are these ok ?

Regards

David
Old 6 Jul 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1348798)   #4
millemiglia
Rookie

millemiglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been to Monza a couple of times, and both times had a great experience. Italians have a very different attitude to us english, and so like them don't worry about parking and getting in too early.

The first time we went by train, from the main station at Monza they run free buses to the circuit and back all day long. The last time we drove, and you will be directed to a car park. Then you can walk in or presumably grab a bus. We didn't get there until late morning and were told to park in the central reservation on a main road, they do charge you but it wasn't much and then we walked in, as I say they do things very differently and they are very friendly people. Not sure how long the train would take from Milan but their train service is very good.

The circuit itself is in the middle of an enormous park, so it's a fair walk into and around, but the atmosphere and sound there is fantastic.

The first time we only had general admission tickets and that was fine in itself as you can walk round and see pretty much everything, but the locals all camp along the trackside so it's hard to see anything at some places. It is fantastic to see the locals bringing in their own home made grandstands, and that's not a joke, have a wonder around and you'll see what I mean. The only problem we had was it's hard to follow exactly what happens unless you speak Italian and can understand the commentary, but some Italian lads helped us out with a few hand signals.

Last time (2003) we had seats in the junior grandstand, and for the money they were excellent, and I think all the grandstands have a view of a TV feed which is a big help. I think we parked up around 11 ish and were in our seats by about 12.

I'd leave a little more time than viamichelin's estimate though, they are good but there’s bound to be delays somewhere, depends how fast you drive Leave Nice as early as you can and enjoy the drive. It's well worth it for a completely different experience.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 00:29 (Ref:1368669)   #5
xelallah
Rookie

England
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
xelallah should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got a couple of people maybe interested in going to the GP as well. The problems we are finding is getting flights out there. Anyone ever flown to Monza on a budget. We dont mind changing anywhere, but cheapest we've found is £160 Gatwick to Milan via Zurich. Would like to get that cheaper tho!
Old 1 Aug 2005, 11:27 (Ref:1369033)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if thats swiss, check their website, the cost on there was a good £50 cheaper than their rate on expedia and such other sites when i booked my flights through them.