Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Jan 2021, 02:59 (Ref:4030549)   #51
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
A dumb move to drop Larko, but what sort of professional image does it show if they hire him back again within weeks?

Surely, surely Supercars management knew axing Larko would make waves, and they still had the balls to do it, yet do a complete u-turn when some criticism is aimed at them. If you make a big decision, stand by it or at least try to justify it.

Supercars stayed quiet on the axing, and now do a u-turn...... he’s only a commentator after all, most viewers would have gotten over it after the first few rounds anyway. I’m glad he’ll be back though.
"Mark Skaife has already been re-signed."

Boo!

Oh well, I still don't understand the need for two expert commentators, especially the over-the-top Skaife, but oh well. It would have been nice to see Skaife replaced with a race commentator like Noonan, Neylon or similar.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 03:27 (Ref:4030551)   #52
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post

Boo!

Oh well, I still don't understand the need for two expert commentators, especially the over-the-top Skaife, but oh well. It would have been nice to see Skaife replaced with a race commentator like Noonan, Neylon or similar.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 05:45 (Ref:4030555)   #53
Maggo
Racer

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Larko is back https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/01/22...roadcast-team/

Last edited by Maggo; 22 Jan 2021 at 05:58.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 06:02 (Ref:4030558)   #54
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look forward to Larko explaining on the whiteboard, how the rapid u-turn works with Supercars management team.

Like do they need a particular tyre strategy, or shock absorber setting or fuel window to complete the u-turn or is it done on parity by management?

Larko representing the white minority group of us bald headed, supercar fans, non hybrid driving, over 50 white males in Australia!
Old 22 Jan 2021, 06:19 (Ref:4030560)   #55
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Look forward to Larko explaining on the whiteboard, how the rapid u-turn works with Supercars management team.
Pretty hard with a locked diff, so well done them.

K
Old 22 Jan 2021, 09:00 (Ref:4030575)   #56
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
A dumb move to drop Larko, but what sort of professional image does it show if they hire him back again within weeks?
Very dumb move - to me indicates a complete lack of understanding or of empathy for fan interests or some kind of vendetta in regard to Larko. There will be people within Supercars who understand fan interests but clearly they weren't listened to by whomever made the call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer View Post
Pretty hard with a locked diff, so well done them.

K
Just bag it up pal - that overcomes the diff.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 10:44 (Ref:4030592)   #57
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post

Boo!

Absolutely agree with this.

If any member of the telecast team had a question mark / axe over it, it should have been Skaife, Lowndes, Murf and Rihanna....well before anybody thought of getting rid of Larko....and with the talent available like Noons... shows there's something broken in management-land (as Skaife would say)

Really happy to see Larko returning. Part of me was kinda hoping he would say Shove it... so I expect and hope he made sure things fell his way in negotations.
Old 18 Mar 2021, 22:41 (Ref:4041376)   #58
JT.
Rookie

Australia
melbourne
JT. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks like we are returning to the bad old days of CH7 only showing highlights really late at night because of footy
Old 19 Mar 2021, 01:03 (Ref:4041392)   #59
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like footy takes precedence- thanks Channel 7.

Does anyone actually watch aerial ping pong?

The only thing that ruined the footy promo show, last weekend from Philip Island was that bloody car racing.

One would thought they would have put Sandown on 7Mate for a highlights package on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 02:11 (Ref:4041401)   #60
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT. View Post
looks like we are returning to the bad old days of CH7 only showing highlights really late at night because of footy

Tis not a big surprise given that AFL is the biggest sport in the land and Supercars are...somewhere..certainly not top three as the category used to boast.

Really enjoyed watching last weekends action from the Island on Sunday thanks to 7Plus and catching up on the Saturday broadcast during the week as I was trackside that day. Good work 7.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 02:47 (Ref:4041403)   #61
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It was often in the 5 pm to 6pm timeslot in the footy states, especially after 1989.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 03:52 (Ref:4041408)   #62
JT.
Rookie

Australia
melbourne
JT. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
It was often in the 5 pm to 6pm timeslot in the footy states, especially after 1989.
Well they are showing the highlights at 12.40AM both days from Sandown which totally sucks if you don't have FoxSports
Old 19 Mar 2021, 03:57 (Ref:4041409)   #63
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
From memory my reading of the initial new contract with 7 was that highlights of the non FTA rounds would only be streamed on 7 Plus and not broadcast at all.The broadcast of highlights might be part of the renegotiation that occurred in the Kayo Freebies wash up.
Unlike the last agreement where the final (and often only ) Sunday race was scheduled for 2pm to facilitate the FTA highlights show at 4 the scheduling Foxtel wanted for the new contract was a later start.4pm highlights cannot happen as the racing will often still be going at 5.Foxtel are paying for the financial viability of the series and they call the tune.
In more important issues how many times will we be called customers this weekend?
Old 19 Mar 2021, 05:20 (Ref:4041412)   #64
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Kayo is $25 a month for advertisement free races. all sessions in f1 f2 indy and v8 and supports plus other sports. They have ads between races but not during.

A day at the track will cost you over 100 if theres a few of ya and you include food n drink.
I think if you are fair dinkum $25 is not a big ask for "all you can eat" including multiscreen toys.
You even get two weeks free so youcan sign up, watch the event then cancel.
If you donthave a smart TV just get a chromecast and youre away.

Supercars website is a joke
https://www.supercars.com/sandown-2/...guide-sandown/
Old 19 Mar 2021, 06:48 (Ref:4041417)   #65
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like fox as I can record every session of every event including F1 and Moto GP

Do any other platforms allow recording / saving?
Old 19 Mar 2021, 08:12 (Ref:4041432)   #66
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
I like fox as I can record every session of every event including F1 and Moto GP

Do any other platforms allow recording / saving?
Kayo has all of last seasons races still available, but you can't save them. They are there until they drop off.

Kayo does have a fair selection of classic F1 and Supercar races, but for the F1 fan F1 TV is a must if only for the archive.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 09:12 (Ref:4041451)   #67
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Kayo has all of last seasons races still available, but you can't save them. They are there until they drop off.

Kayo does have a fair selection of classic F1 and Supercar races, but for the F1 fan F1 TV is a must if only for the archive.
No No I mean recording the actual weekends racing.
I normally set up a full day recording and come back and watching at night when I have more time.... I can do that with my FOX but I believe you cannot with others.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 13:25 (Ref:4041499)   #68
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
No No I mean recording the actual weekends racing.
I normally set up a full day recording and come back and watching at night when I have more time.... I can do that with my FOX but I believe you cannot with others.
You don't need to save with Kayo, the entire weekends racing or a highlights session is there for you to watch at your leisure, you can select the day you want to see and fast forward or back to whatever you want to see. On race day you can choose to watch live or from the start at any time of the day.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 00:28 (Ref:4041615)   #69
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
You don't need to save with Kayo, the entire weekends racing or a highlights session is there for you to watch at your leisure, you can select the day you want to see and fast forward or back to whatever you want to see. On race day you can choose to watch live or from the start at any time of the day.
Thanks mate, is that the same with F1 and MotoGP ?

You just can just go back and watch the qualifying & racing whenever you like?
Old 20 Mar 2021, 01:02 (Ref:4041616)   #70
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Thanks mate, is that the same with F1 and MotoGP ?

You just can just go back and watch the qualifying & racing whenever you like?
yep... they leave the races and the complete coverage of all sessions up for months or more. watch when you like fast fwd rewind... watch the bits you want. You can tune in midway thru an event and play from start like it was live and skip thru the talking heads bit
Old 20 Mar 2021, 11:32 (Ref:4041660)   #71
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
yep... they leave the races and the complete coverage of all sessions up for months or more. watch when you like fast fwd rewind... watch the bits you want. You can tune in midway thru an event and play from start like it was live and skip thru the talking heads bit
Awesome, that includes qualifying???

Any no buffering?
Old 20 Mar 2021, 23:08 (Ref:4041873)   #72
draussen
Rookie

draussen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done 7, starting the way they probably plan to continue, the highlights were 45 minutes late in Melbourne. Even with 30 minutes of recording tagged on the end my recording ended at lap 30 of 36. Given the way they treated cricket, this is probably some sort of passive-aggressive attempt to get a 150% discount on the rights costs. No doubt the next live event will be shown upside down.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 01:20 (Ref:4041942)   #73
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

Any no buffering?
tell ya what - you get 2 weeks for free
you have lots of questions so why not sign up and see.... costs nothing if you choose not to continue

Last edited by bathurst77; 21 Mar 2021 at 01:36.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 04:16 (Ref:4042022)   #74
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

Any no buffering?
Make sure you run the KAYO app, I got lots of buffering running through the browser on my TV but none at all through the app.
Old 21 Mar 2021, 05:30 (Ref:4042023)   #75
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
tell ya what - you get 2 weeks for free
you have lots of questions so why not sign up and see.... costs nothing if you choose not to continue
I've never paid for Foxtel but Kayo is very slick, VERY well done.

I'd rather pay for Superview on YouTube if I could get it.