Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jan 2021, 11:02 (Ref:4030602)   #401
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
His paintings seem to appear every weeknight on BBC4
Old 22 Jan 2021, 11:58 (Ref:4030610)   #402
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
I had to look Bob Ross up. An American painter who died in 1995.
Accurate, but also misses the central point that he remains a pop cultural icon. And to be clear his namesake drink is a real, but an incongruous matching of person to product to the point of being ridiculous.

Richard
Old 23 Jan 2021, 01:11 (Ref:4030774)   #403
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I think I am more likely to find a Bob Ross drink on the shelf here in the US than Rich Energy.
God bless America
Quote:
PS: I really need to buy both the Bob Ross and Rich Energy and to a taste test.
good luck
Old 23 Jan 2021, 01:14 (Ref:4030775)   #404
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Accurate, but also misses the central point that he remains a pop cultural icon. And to be clear his namesake drink is a real, but an incongruous matching of person to product to the point of being ridiculous.

Richard
Total legend. They used to show his painting shows in the mornings when I was a kid. The world needs more Bob Rosses.
Old 23 Jan 2021, 07:01 (Ref:4030782)   #405
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Total legend. They used to show his painting shows in the mornings when I was a kid. The world needs more Bob Rosses.
And less William Storeys
Old 23 Jan 2021, 14:05 (Ref:4030819)   #406
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
good luck
I have examples of both on order. I will post back here when they arrive.

Richard
Old 23 Jan 2021, 14:13 (Ref:4030821)   #407
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I have examples of both on order. I will post back here when they arrive.

Richard
I would describe the Rich Energy product as being similar to the team/driver they sponsor(ed) in F1/BTCC:

Not exceptional, but competent. Comparable to competitors. Clearly signs of outsourced support to deliver.
Old 23 Jan 2021, 15:51 (Ref:4030831)   #408
S griffin
Veteran

More hype than substance more like. I don’t see how anyone in F1 can take them seriously
Old 23 Jan 2021, 16:18 (Ref:4030836)   #409
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
More hype than substance more like. I don’t see how anyone in F1 can take them seriously

Haas did.
Old 23 Jan 2021, 17:10 (Ref:4030840)   #410
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Haas did.
And someone else is in 2021.....
Old 23 Jan 2021, 18:40 (Ref:4030844)   #411
S griffin
Veteran

More fool them. You think people would have learned from Haas’ experience that this company shouldn’t trusted and are destined always to be Red Bull wannabes
Old 12 Feb 2021, 16:25 (Ref:4034859)   #412
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
The Formula One announcement will be at 2pm on 14th February.
Old 12 Feb 2021, 16:29 (Ref:4034860)   #413
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The Formula One announcement will be at 2pm on 14th February.
In honor of valentine's day, William Storey will announce that he is in love with himself.

Seriously, I hope this is a big wind-up for mostly nothing. I just can't imagine any F1 team agreeing to take money from him given you know it will end in tears. However... everyone has a price. Maybe someone caved and decided... "How bad can it be?"

Richard
Old 12 Feb 2021, 16:32 (Ref:4034861)   #414
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Raising the bar in the energy drink market. We do things a little differently at #RichEnergy
Our #FormulaOne announcement will be made at 2pm on Sunday 14th Feb.
We are excited to share the news with #motorsport fans.
#PoweringPremium #GetRich #ValentinesDay #F1 #Comeback https://t.co/9kgJZ2tLPZ
Old 12 Feb 2021, 17:09 (Ref:4034864)   #415
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
On Instagram they have posted a photo of an F1 style paddock hospitality unit called the Rich Centre..

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 12 Feb 2021, 20:30 (Ref:4034887)   #416
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
On Instagram they have posted a photo of an F1 style paddock hospitality unit called the Rich Centre..

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Boy I hope that is it. Then my next objective is to get into the hospitably area at an F1 race and "trip" and fall into a big pyramid of Rich Energy drinks in their tent.

Richard
Old 13 Feb 2021, 08:11 (Ref:4034925)   #417
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
But what actually is Rich Energy, when you look a the Rich Energys website t's and c's, the company listed is Rich Energy OMG Racing Ltd. Storey is not listed as a director of the company.

https://www.richenergy.com/copy-of-privacy-policy

As of last accounts Dec 2019, REOMGR had £755 cash in the bank and liabilities of £1.375M. Maybe business has been fantastic since, but that looks a long way from £755 to sponsoring an F1 team, alongside all their other 'sponsorships'. T

Rich OMG Ltd (again WS is not listed as a director) was only incoporated in March 2020 and was formely known as Rich Energy OMG Racing Ltd (as above),

In the meantime, Rich Energy Racing Ltd was dissolved in Jan 2020 (WS was a director)

Those who followed the Haas saga may recall that Lightning Volt was set up and was formely known as Rich Energy Ltd. LV is in liquidation following a winding up order last November, with a liquidator appointed in Jan 2021. WS is a director of LV.

So quite who or what will be allegedly sponsoring again in F1 will be interesting.
Old 14 Feb 2021, 14:09 (Ref:4035094)   #418
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Due to a media request we have been asked to delay announcement by 1 hour so will be 3pm UK time today.
#RichEnergy #F1
Old 14 Feb 2021, 14:19 (Ref:4035096)   #419
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Due to a media request we have been asked to delay announcement by 1 hour so will be 3pm UK time today.
#RichEnergy #F1

I won't hold my breath.
Old 14 Feb 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4035112)   #420
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
So, deciphering the two videos posted, it seems that:

A friend of Storey has agreed a deal to become a (majority) shareholder in a team.
Rich Energy will be a partner of that shareholder's business.
Rich Energy will become title sponsor of same team in 2022.

(I think)
Old 14 Feb 2021, 17:17 (Ref:4035117)   #421
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:

A friend of Storey has agreed a deal to become a (majority) shareholder in a team.

(I think)
I think the biggest news here is that apparently there are people who may self identify as a "friend" of Storey!?

Seriously, I have not seen these videos. It sounds like details are lacking. Is this just a way to keep the "back in F1" story going in 2021? With it all effectively being... wait for the really big announcement in 2022?

Richard
Old 14 Feb 2021, 17:20 (Ref:4035118)   #422
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Quote:

(I think)
Alleged to be Alfa (Sauber) perhaps the hedge fund that bought it want's out?
Old 14 Feb 2021, 17:23 (Ref:4035119)   #423
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
I think the biggest news here is that apparently there are people who may self identify as a "friend" of Storey!?

Seriously, I have not seen these videos. It sounds like details are lacking. Is this just a way to keep the "back in F1" story going in 2021? With it all effectively being... wait for the really big announcement in 2022?

Richard
Strangely, I get the impression they may have learned some lessons from last time.
Part of what Storey says does come across as a bit of a 'dig', but it also seems a bit reserved. He seems to be trying to balance hype with restraint, to avoid any legal battles possibly.
If they didn't have their previous F1 history, and we judged them on this iteration alone alongside their other motorsport activities, then maybe they can genuinely be a positive presence.
Old 14 Feb 2021, 17:23 (Ref:4035120)   #424
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Alleged to be Alfa (Sauber) perhaps the hedge fund that bought it want's out?
Alfa(Sauber) seems the logical team if there is accuracy in what was said.
Old 14 Feb 2021, 17:28 (Ref:4035121)   #425
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
is that not their bsb unit?