Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jan 2021, 13:18 (Ref:4030643)   #126
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And if we were to take it on face value then it doesn't reflect very well on the quality of Red Bull's machinery does it?
Old 22 Jan 2021, 14:15 (Ref:4030668)   #127
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not at all!
Old 22 Jan 2021, 15:27 (Ref:4030692)   #128
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Silly. Hamilton did not race against Russell, so we cant compare the two.

We get it - Horner rates Verstappen. If Verstappen had let his RBR contract run down (like Senna would have done), then Hamilton would have probably signed a Mercedes contract a long time ago, or else he would have risked losing his plumb drive (IMHO)
Old 22 Jan 2021, 15:42 (Ref:4030694)   #129
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
True. Hamilton probably knew his place was pretty much secure, although George’s performance might have made it a bit less secure
Old 22 Jan 2021, 15:56 (Ref:4030701)   #130
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pretty much secure, but a bit less than pretty much. So does that equate to 'slightly less attractive much'....?
Old 22 Jan 2021, 16:24 (Ref:4030709)   #131
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Does the fact that Mercedes are supplying gearboxes etc to Williams look like a payment to allow Russell to jump ship if needed?
Old 22 Jan 2021, 16:38 (Ref:4030712)   #132
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
he’s splitboarding up a mountain at high altitude on insta the past few days. that takes some serious effort, i wouldn’t say his fitness is an issue...
good to hear!

i'll admit the lack of contract has me speculating overtime!
Old 23 Jan 2021, 00:19 (Ref:4030765)   #133
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
This has to bite Horner in the ass come contract time!
Old 23 Jan 2021, 14:18 (Ref:4030824)   #134
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, Max must surely add another '0' to his next offer......
Old 23 Jan 2021, 21:22 (Ref:4030852)   #135
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Well.. a few weeks ago I suggested Russell might get LH seat and I was rebuked by a few.. Looks like tonight..
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f1...mwDcag3zYILSl4

Good stuff..Is Lewis asking for too much?
Old 23 Jan 2021, 21:38 (Ref:4030853)   #136
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Well.. a few weeks ago I suggested Russell might get LH seat and I was rebuked by a few.. Looks like tonight..
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f1...mwDcag3zYILSl4

Good stuff..Is Lewis asking for too much?
You’re using an out of date quote from Albers, in an article from a newspaper that I wouldn’t even wipe my backside with, which has a history of sprouting rubbish to gain click bait to back up your point of view?

...I mean, come on...it’s the same news group that uses a 1970s f1 driver, no one has heard of in an opinion piece to back up their view that Hamilton wont stay at Mercedes, and an offer from Ferrari to drive their car which turns out to be from 50 years ago!
Old 23 Jan 2021, 22:26 (Ref:4030857)   #137
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
You’re using an out of date quote from Albers, in an article from a newspaper that I wouldn’t even wipe my backside with, which has a history of sprouting rubbish to gain click bait to back up your point of view?
What is funny is a just a few days prior, the same site was claiming that a deal between Lewis and Mercedes looks imminent. So if they are playing both sides of the story, I guess they will be write on one and wrong on the other. They still get to claim victory!

Richard
Old 23 Jan 2021, 22:39 (Ref:4030858)   #138
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
What is funny is a just a few days prior, the same site was claiming that a deal between Lewis and Mercedes looks imminent. So if they are playing both sides of the story, I guess they will be write on one and wrong on the other. They still get to claim victory!

Richard
Yup!

Daily Star, Express, Mirror, Sun....all the same. Click bait headlines with an article containing very little substance regurgitating the same old rubbish as a page filler while there’s no real news.

Not sure why anyone falls for it still
Old 25 Jan 2021, 00:38 (Ref:4031019)   #139
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Looking forward to the day he becomes Lord Hamilton.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 02:03 (Ref:4031027)   #140
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
Looking forward to the day he becomes Lord Hamilton.
Yeah I can just imagine all the Lords getting down on one knee every day.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 09:10 (Ref:4031069)   #141
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm looking forward to the day this saga ends. I know people are bound to speculate if they don't know the full facts, but this has been dragging on so long now, it's starting to get a little tedious now
Old 25 Jan 2021, 10:42 (Ref:4031083)   #142
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I'm looking forward to the day this saga ends. I know people are bound to speculate if they don't know the full facts, but this has been dragging on so long now, it's starting to get a little tedious now
Yep. Agreed.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 16:13 (Ref:4031140)   #143
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wolff suggesting that it's just 'curveballs' causing the delay...lack of face to face meetings, zoom, and lawyers needing time to work out the details.

also saying the 'George Russell' card has not been played and that he, Wolff, just had a positive tests.

given the pandemic, pretty normal reasons for the delay...but that obviously makes me want to speculate even more!

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...aign=widget-22
Old 25 Jan 2021, 17:27 (Ref:4031149)   #144
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Situation probably not helped by Toto (confirmed to Austrian broadcaster ORF yesterday) had tested positive for Covid and has now just completed his 10 day isolation.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 18:01 (Ref:4031152)   #145
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Wolff suggesting that it's just 'curveballs' causing the delay...lack of face to face meetings, zoom, and lawyers needing time to work out the details.

also saying the 'George Russell' card has not been played and that he, Wolff, just had a positive tests.

given the pandemic, pretty normal reasons for the delay...but that obviously makes me want to speculate even more!

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...aign=widget-22
My snarky reply to that article is...

1. They didn't have to play the "George Russell" card. As it was played all on it's own in early December!

2. With all of that justification of the difficulties. Why hasn't everyone else had so much trouble getting drivers signed.

All joking aside. I expect they probably are in the home stretch of getting it done. And that the real reasons for the delay? No doubt there are challenges, but challenges everyone is facing. Its just much more likely that they were far apart and it has taken a lot of work to come back together. So the current comments are mostly just fluff PR spin.

We will likely not know the details of what has really been going on regarding negotiations until either Lewis or Toto writes a book some day after they both have retired.

Richard
Old 25 Jan 2021, 21:24 (Ref:4031172)   #146
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Toto might be wanting to align the end of Lewis’s contract with the time when Max is out of contract at Red Bull.
2022 scenario could be Verstappen and Russell at Mercedes.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 21:47 (Ref:4031176)   #147
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post

2. With all of that justification of the difficulties. Why hasn't everyone else had so much trouble getting drivers signed.
Because they aren't dealing with a 7 time WDC? Simples.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 22:07 (Ref:4031182)   #148
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There is no smoke without fire and sometimes the sun goes round the moon.

I’ll be interested when this is resolved whatever the outcome. I’m hoping it is the Thursday of the first race for maximum enjoyment.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 22:41 (Ref:4031186)   #149
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Because they aren't dealing with a 7 time WDC? Simples.
But thats not what Toto said!

Richard
Old 26 Jan 2021, 02:35 (Ref:4031203)   #150
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see from that article that Toto had COVID. No symptoms, but he had to quarantine for a bit.