Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Dec 2006, 02:03 (Ref:1783752)   #1
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA GT 2007 rumours and speculations

I was going to ask if any team has committed itself to use the new type 997 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, but I guess I might as well get a thread started on the rumours and speculations on the whole grid.

So what can we expect to see on the grid in FIA GT 2007? I will start by asking which teams will run the new Porsche?
Old 7 Dec 2006, 03:19 (Ref:1783763)   #2
Chad Rogers
Rookie

Chad Rogers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So far the only team I have seen announce anything is the Race Alliance DB9 with one or two cars depending on support. I am hoping to see a better GT1 grid as I am planning to attend a race if I can work out details.

Chad
Old 7 Dec 2006, 07:22 (Ref:1783812)   #3
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The GT1 situation should be:

Aston Martin DBR9
-->2x BMS Pirelli
-->1x RaceAlliance Michelin (possible 2nd car)
-->1x Phoenix (not confirmed 100%)

Maserati MC12
-->2x Vitaphone Pirelli
-->1x Playteam Pirelli
-->1x Racing Box Michelin (the tyres are not confirmed)

Corvette C6R
-->2x GLPK Michelin (need to sell the '04 C5R and the '05 C6R, see DSC)
-->2x PSI Michelin (70%)

Lamborghini Murcièlago
-->1x All-inkl RS-Line Michelin
-->1x Reiter Michelin(50%)

Saleen
-->1x Zakspeed Michelin (rumours for a 2nd car)

rumours and speculations about guests car for Spa 24h or single event (Silverstone, Nogaro) involve:

AM: Team Modena, Labre
Maserati: JMB
Saleen: IMSA Racing, Oreca
Corvette: SRT, LAA

and about a "Gentleman GT1 Cup" where we could se "old" Ferrari F575, F550 and so on
Old 7 Dec 2006, 08:03 (Ref:1783826)   #4
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ItalianGT gone?
With those 2 MC-12 (Playteam/Racingbox) comming to FiaGT.
Or is it about those few GT1 cars this season they abanded GT1?

Well anyway great news, GT1 in FiaGT is not decreasing as I was afraid of. Let's hope more GT1 cars will follow and in other championships enough GT1 cars will race. (How on earth could I be doubting about my GT1 honeys )
Old 7 Dec 2006, 09:51 (Ref:1783904)   #5
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
The Italian GT doesnt allow GT1 cars in 2007;
only GT2, GT3 and maybe GT4/CUp cars will be
Old 7 Dec 2006, 14:12 (Ref:1784160)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Might we really get 4 Mazza's again and four Vette's??

Brilliant stuff!!

Wonder if this new Alfa will get a couple of late season shake down races too??
Old 7 Dec 2006, 21:56 (Ref:1784489)   #7
Chad Rogers
Rookie

Chad Rogers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkob
The GT1 situation should be:

Aston Martin DBR9
-->2x BMS Pirelli
-->1x RaceAlliance Michelin (possible 2nd car)
-->1x Phoenix (not confirmed 100%)

Maserati MC12
-->2x Vitaphone Pirelli
-->1x Playteam Pirelli
-->1x Racing Box Michelin (the tyres are not confirmed)

If you don't mind saying, where do you get your information, I try to read everything I can, but haven't seen any of the above. I hope you are right, it would be great to see more cars in GT1.

What about the Balfe Saleen?

Chad

Corvette C6R
-->2x GLPK Michelin (need to sell the '04 C5R and the '05 C6R, see DSC)
-->2x PSI Michelin (70%)

Lamborghini Murcièlago
-->1x All-inkl RS-Line Michelin
-->1x Reiter Michelin(50%)

Saleen
-->1x Zakspeed Michelin (rumours for a 2nd car)

rumours and speculations about guests car for Spa 24h or single event (Silverstone, Nogaro) involve:

AM: Team Modena, Labre
Maserati: JMB
Saleen: IMSA Racing, Oreca
Corvette: SRT, LAA

and about a "Gentleman GT1 Cup" where we could se "old" Ferrari F575, F550 and so on
Thanks!
If you don't mind saying, where do you get your information, I try to read everything I can, but haven't seen any of the above. I hope you are right, it would be great to see more cars in GT1.

What about the Balfe Saleen?

Chad
Old 7 Dec 2006, 22:34 (Ref:1784517)   #8
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
I think several site could help you, such as:

gt-eins.de
project-lemans.de
endurance-info.com
racingworld.it
the-paddock.net
lmsr.net

and dailysportscar.com .... where you can see the Balfe Saleen ( http://www.dailysportscar.com/free/classified/cars.htm )
Old 8 Dec 2006, 01:21 (Ref:1784610)   #9
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I remember correctly, Autosport ran an ad for the sale of the Balfe Saleen.

But if the above comes to be in GT1, that's really something to look forward to.

How about GT2? Will we see many teams take up the new type 997 Porsche against the Ferraris? Panoz? Spyker?
Old 8 Dec 2006, 16:43 (Ref:1785245)   #10
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Absolutely no doubt that the new Porsche will be out there, you don't think they will let Ferrari dominate again do you? Remember the last race in Dubai when a Porsche win looked a distinct possibility so with the new car they will want to build on that. With Pirelli cutting down I would bet it will be on Michelins as well
Old 8 Dec 2006, 17:37 (Ref:1785267)   #11
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Panoz have some sales and Spyker are stepping up their act, I hope GT2 will have some decent variety.

Anyone got any ideas on what Balfe will be doing in 2007? An uprated Saleen? A different GT1? Back down to GT2?

It's all rumour at the minute but those two Lambo's would be an absolute treat if they were both confirmed...
Old 8 Dec 2006, 18:57 (Ref:1785316)   #12
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa
How about GT2? Will we see many teams take up the new type 997 Porsche against the Ferraris? Panoz? Spyker?
I think GT2 IS the class to be in. Yes teams are will get the new 997. The year old 996 is no longer competitive ( or so what some expertes are predicting )
Old 8 Dec 2006, 18:59 (Ref:1785317)   #13
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Panoz have some sales and Spyker are stepping up their act, I hope GT2 will have some decent variety.

Anyone got any ideas on what Balfe will be doing in 2007? An uprated Saleen? A different GT1? Back down to GT2?

It's all rumour at the minute but those two Lambo's would be an absolute treat if they were both confirmed...
Balfe's been testing Rollcentre's SR9 , but weather that means something .
Old 8 Dec 2006, 19:51 (Ref:1785341)   #14
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It may make sense for Balfe to go LMP and do the short 5 race series with the hope of a Le Mans entry. I don't know but I think this is family business money and may be a little restricted and have problems with tax man if they spend too much. No real info, I just read the names on the transporter (sorry - truck to you Americans)
Old 14 Dec 2006, 16:29 (Ref:1790702)   #15
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
Barwell joins FIA GT 2007 with an Aston Martin DBR9

http://www.fiagt.com

Good !!
Old 14 Dec 2006, 17:47 (Ref:1790738)   #16
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good news. Is this an extra DBR9 in the series or have they bought one off another team?
Old 14 Dec 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1790751)   #17
old man
Veteran

England
UK
That B***** Magazine

Just got my Autosport, 4 page review of FIA GT, GT story ok but GT 2 is a "Fantastic Footnote", they list top 17 in GT1 final standings and top 4 in GT2. three quarters of first two pages taken up with one picture but.........Oh why do I buy it, it only winds me up!!
Old 14 Dec 2006, 18:27 (Ref:1790753)   #18
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Good news. Is this an extra DBR9 in the series or have they bought one off another team?
i think it is the aston martin racing spare car, it is back in europe being stripped and rebuilt. please correct me if im wrong lol
Old 14 Dec 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1790757)   #19
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What chassisnumber would that be?
Old 14 Dec 2006, 18:54 (Ref:1790779)   #20
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man
Just got my Autosport, 4 page review of FIA GT, GT story ok but GT 2 is a "Fantastic Footnote", they list top 17 in GT1 final standings and top 4 in GT2. three quarters of first two pages taken up with one picture but.........Oh why do I buy it, it only winds me up!!
It wasn't really 4 pages either was it - the first page was a picture and a title!

...and how much have they devoted this week to that dreary championship we call F1...?

Sometimes don't know why on earth I buy it.
Old 14 Dec 2006, 19:15 (Ref:1790789)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It wasn't really 4 pages either was it - the first page was a picture and a title!

...and how much have they devoted this week to that dreary championship we call F1...?

Sometimes don't know why on earth I buy it.
Well I stopped ordering it from my newsagent years ago and only bought the ocasional copy like the actual seasonal issue in question. Having thumbed through that at lunchtime, even the F1 review is poor by previous years standards. I guess they'll still sell a separate F1 Review supplement will they?!

Back on topic, yeah saw the link in the contents page to the Barwell story flicked to p11 and there it was in all it's glory.

2 columns and about 40 odd words later.....

Seriously though, 1car team is a quality addition, but let's hope that it's in addition to exisitng entrants and not instead of any!
Old 14 Dec 2006, 20:09 (Ref:1790822)   #22
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to DSC Barwell are not yet commited to a whole season but hope to be able to confirm one when sponsorship comes through.
They are also reporting that Jarek Janis will race in the Race Alliance Aston next year. He was rather impressive in the car at Dubai.
Old 14 Dec 2006, 20:54 (Ref:1790852)   #23
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to hear that Barwell are entering the FIA GT Championship for 2007, the series can always do with more GT1 entries. This combined with Race alliance perhaps running a 2nd DBR9 next year can only be a good thing for the series.
Old 15 Dec 2006, 10:00 (Ref:1791234)   #24
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to italiaracing.net Scuderia Playteam is thinking about running 2 MC12's in FIAGT next year, one for Pierguidi and Vilander and one for drivers yet to be contracted. I hope they make it, would be a quality addition to the field.
Old 10 Jan 2007, 07:22 (Ref:1810998)   #25
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
News from SportAutoMoto Italian magazine; Maserati first team will became the Playteam Sarafree with 2 MC12s; drivers, Pierguidi and Bertolini (!) on the first car, and Giannoccaro with another driver in the second.

2 MC12s confirmed for Vitaphone, maybe Bartels-Biagi, while Davies is still not confirmed.

Maybe a third Maserati team, with the return of JMB Racing, with 1 or 2 MC12s