Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 11 Jun 2019, 18:44 (Ref:3909429)   #61
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I looked at that front on picture and could only see a BMW 7 series designed Jag. Bentley really just isn't trying and they are dull dull cars, even though that would be a dull car with a beast engine by design
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 07:08 (Ref:3909486)   #62
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Mercedes-Benz CLA Shooting Brake
Not quite sure how a 'Shooting Brake' qualifies as a Sedan (or Saloon)?
Old 12 Jun 2019, 13:49 (Ref:3909526)   #63
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Not quite sure how a 'Shooting Brake' qualifies as a Sedan (or Saloon)?
Yeah, I could have sworn a shooting brake was usually a 2 door "sports" car with an amended body to make it wagon adjacent. I'd call a 4 door version a wagon, estate, hatch, etc. Although I believe Mercedes and Porsche call their wagons both shooting brakes officially.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 15:17 (Ref:3909544)   #64
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yeah, I could have sworn a shooting brake was usually a 2 door "sports" car with an amended body to make it wagon adjacent. I'd call a 4 door version a wagon, estate, hatch, etc. Although I believe Mercedes and Porsche call their wagons both shooting brakes officially.
Wikipedia suggests that:

'Shooting-brake is a term for car body style which originated in the 1890s as a horse-drawn wagon used to transport shooting parties with their equipment and game'
'Since the 1960s, the term has evolved, describing cars combining elements of both station wagon and coupť body styles' - neither of which is a Sedan.

Perhaps Shooting Brakes are the true SUV?

Sports - coupe body style
Sports - for carrying sport (shooting) equipment

Utility - combining a sporty car with an ability to support sporting activities.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 15:31 (Ref:3909547)   #65
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Mercedes-Benz CLA Shooting Brake is just a station wagon with a fancy (ugly) roof.

- o -

BMW 3 Series Touring

Old 12 Jun 2019, 15:33 (Ref:3909549)   #66
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The Mercedes-Benz CLA Shooting Brake is just a station wagon with a fancy (ugly) roof.

- o -

BMW 3 Series Touring
Sedan though?
Old 14 Jun 2019, 14:27 (Ref:3910158)   #67
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm bored to create a thread for station wagons.