Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Jun 2019, 17:16 (Ref:3909405)   #3841
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!
When I read these last two posts on my phone i missed the quote. It said:

"You up for breakfast?"

"It would have to be Larkin's"

Jeez, that's dedication. Even I can't manage old ale for breakfast.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Jun 2019, 18:35 (Ref:3909424)   #3842
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
This poster boy came up on my Instagram yesterday. Anyone recognise the miscreant?

There's an old boy down in Spain that looks something like him, but he has a grey beard and he has never done anything wrong! maybe he's related ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Jun 2019, 22:10 (Ref:3909689)   #3843
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just saw that '584 PEA' has been listed on Car & Classic - a beautiful car that hopefully goes to someone who will continue to care for her just as well. Does this mean that there is a new project on the cards Joe?
Old 13 Jun 2019, 08:43 (Ref:3909744)   #3844
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBinfield View Post
Just saw that '584 PEA' has been listed on Car & Classic - a beautiful car that hopefully goes to someone who will continue to care for her just as well. Does this mean that there is a new project on the cards Joe?
I would think he is looking forward to racing the Tornado Talisman that he has been rebuilding.
I notice that I wasn't mentioned in the "famous drivers" in the advert
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Jun 2019, 10:47 (Ref:3910317)   #3845
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing and hearing the BMW V12 LMR at Le Mans on TV.The sound is just incredible.Must be great for those there.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 20:50 (Ref:3911132)   #3846
Willmaz223
Veteran

About 8 Hours in now watching Le Mans on Eurosport.

Can't imagine how it would have been in the 70s and 80s with all the legendary cars and battles.

Some brilliant racing.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:13 (Ref:3912132)   #3847
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
So, Le Mans over and those of us that follow the race can relax again..... Hope our Peter enjoyed his first visit!
Old 16 Jun 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3912200)   #3848
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No worry about John E not being here, he's fine but his computer crashed.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 07:01 (Ref:3912364)   #3849
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just sitting in the sunshine at Le Mans having coffee and Qwassons before heading for the channel.

Yup a great experience. I'll post a few more thoughts later.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 07:13 (Ref:3912369)   #3850
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!
I haven't been for years. I really enjoyed it, the only problem was those cars rushing round all the time. Spoiled the ambience if the party

Old 17 Jun 2019, 10:05 (Ref:3912394)   #3851
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many of us have put something in the air intake of the carburettor to prevent debris getting into the engine when not in use and then forgot to take it out before starting the car.
A look of wonder why the engine wont fire....
Well at least I know I am not alone because even Delta managed it yesterday at Mallory Park with the 500!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2807.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	53391
Old 17 Jun 2019, 15:19 (Ref:3912457)   #3852
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Red faced but thank you Stuart. Well done on Goodwood entry. Fully deserved.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 16:46 (Ref:3912463)   #3853
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJWBallistic View Post
How many of us have put something in the air intake of the carburettor to prevent debris getting into the engine when not in use and then forgot to take it out before starting the car.
A look of wonder why the engine wont fire....
Well at least I know I am not alone because even Delta managed it yesterday at Mallory Park with the 500!
Attachment 53391
It certainly gets a "drop" of petrol in the engine !!!
Old 18 Jun 2019, 10:44 (Ref:3912641)   #3854
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I’m not going to put this on the Revival thread, in case my sense of humour is not in line with others......

https://sniffpetrol.com/2019/06/04/g...-call-of-duty/
Old 18 Jun 2019, 12:14 (Ref:3912656)   #3855
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I’m not going to put this on the Revival thread, in case my sense of humour is not in line with others......

https://sniffpetrol.com/2019/06/04/g...-call-of-duty/
Two things I'd never imagine in a game. Goodwood and Shooting games.