Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 8 Jun 2019, 07:16 (Ref:3908594)   #16
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Small world... Rob's request for early TVR info (on FB) got me scanning old race programme entry lists. After scanning a few, I thought I may as well start a web page - or two. It wasn't long before I realised that there were dozens (100's?) of cars racing in the 1950s that I knew nothing about, so I googled "Victoria Climax", as it appeared several times at Mallory Park.

I ended up here quite quickly! I can't remember the car and dad rarely took his camera to Mallory when we went as a family, so sorry, no pics. But a scroll through these race entry lists may at least fill in a bit of history.

http://www.monza.org.nz/UK_entries/entries_01.htm

Early days as it takes a fair bit of time to scan and load up then upload to the Interweb, so it may pay to keep checking. I have started with Mallory Park and Nottingham Sports Car Club programmes (for obvious reasons...).

Last edited by socram; 8 Jun 2019 at 07:21.