Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 26 Feb 2020, 09:57 (Ref:3959963)   #1
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WorldSBK ready to erupt into life at Phillip Island to kick-start 2020

7 top British riders ready to kick off next weekend. How will Haslam perform at Honda?, will Alex challenge Rea on the Kwaka? and will Scott Redding overshadow Chaz at Ducati? More to the point will Bautista repeat his early successes of last year on a new machine? All to play for at such a great circuit, all live on Eurosport if you have it!
Old 26 Feb 2020, 11:58 (Ref:3959982)   #2
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not really live unless you can be bothered o stay up all night.

And where you have been? WSBK has been the BSB and ex MotoGP British riders retirement home for about 10 years, even Rea stayed there forever because he did not want to push himself as much as say Cal or Bradley did and take a few years of pain in MotoGP to maybe get a top ride he preferred easy titles and wins and very easy money in SBK!

I don't rate many of the Brits there, Sykes, Haslam and Camier and Laverty have had their day, Chaz is on his last year after being pummelled for most of last year by Alvaro, only really Redding is a bright light, and he is also on the GP retirement run down lol!
Old 26 Feb 2020, 12:02 (Ref:3959984)   #3
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is the thread title and stinger lifted direct from Eurosport's website?
Old 26 Feb 2020, 14:41 (Ref:3960011)   #4
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saves typing!
And as for the riders, whilst I agree to some extent with the easy ride comment, to some of us the WSBK series still provides some excitement on the patriotic front.
Old 26 Feb 2020, 16:46 (Ref:3960027)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I have warmed more to Rea after reading his autobiography I got the xmas before last. Certainly was a very honest and fascinating read
Old 26 Feb 2020, 19:14 (Ref:3960053)   #6
hoffman66
Racer

I am not saying it is bad racing, far from it, merely that it oddly is a bit of a retirement home for BSB and ex GP riders, especially now it is Dorna owned even more so.

I am lucky enough to remember the glory days of about 94-2002 when the series was bigger than GP, got more fans and more people watching on telly, racing was amazing, loads of different bikes and initially you rarely knew who was going to win other than Fogarty I spose. There were good years between than and now, the Spies year was cool and the sort of late 00s aswell.

But for a while now it has been very average, one guy dominates, can't be arsed and is not too old to push on, yawn, sorry.
Old 26 Feb 2020, 19:18 (Ref:3960054)   #7
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Saves typing!
Old 27 Feb 2020, 07:15 (Ref:3960118)   #8
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
looking forward to the season .. i'm a Baz fan .. so hope to get him in the front more often.
i've also booked a trip to Barcelona for the race there in September... hope the championshiop isn't over before that

Ciao Marco
Old 29 Feb 2020, 05:00 (Ref:3960544)   #9
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
That (race 1) was some kind of an eruption.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 15:29 (Ref:3960630)   #10
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
That (race 1) was some kind of an eruption.
Superb, if that was a sign of things to come... the Rae/Sykes incident was just that IMHO, a racing incident no more no less, perfectly legitimate. If Rae expects anything less in racing against Sykes then he's seriously underestimating the Yorkshire man. Great opening performance from the top teams.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 08:24 (Ref:3960738)   #11
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it was a good start for the season.. and Lowes winning the main race on Sunday!!!

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Mar 2020, 14:32 (Ref:3960786)   #12
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Three races, three different winners - perfect start
Old 1 Mar 2020, 16:41 (Ref:3960808)   #13
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
And a good start to the season for Danny Webb finishing just outside the top ten with Toseland's team in Supersport.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 19:14 (Ref:3960847)   #14
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
And a good start to the season for Danny Webb finishing just outside the top ten with Toseland's team in Supersport.
Yes I saw that, he is local to me in the UK and was in the Spanish 125 championship a few years back. He has got where he is by his own merit and ability.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Mar 2020, 09:23 (Ref:3960945)   #15
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic entertaining racing at the front in all races but I am wondering why the field is so small?
Old 2 Mar 2020, 19:39 (Ref:3961076)   #16
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Fantastic entertaining racing at the front in all races but I am wondering why the field is so small?
Costs?

Race 2 field was reduced due multiple injuries in previous sessions.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 20:50 (Ref:3961091)   #17
hoffman66
Racer

everyone always gets into SBK after PI, but after a few rounds later it soon disappears off the radar again,
Old 3 Mar 2020, 18:08 (Ref:3961282)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s not an easy series to follow, but Phillip Island is always worth watching. Still a great series if you can manage to watch it
Old 3 Mar 2020, 19:26 (Ref:3961322)   #19
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Qatar which was supposed to be one week after the GP has been postponed. Same reason as with MotoGP's cancellaction, would affect too many personnel from Italy-based teams.