Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 5 Dec 2020, 00:19 (Ref:4020705)   #201
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Marc Marquez in for a third operation due to arm healing slowly

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/94...njury-persists

Wishing him everything of the best and hoping it comes right this time.
Old 5 Dec 2020, 10:55 (Ref:4020752)   #202
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Due to be a six month recovery. Could be a while before we see him back racing a bike. I wonder where he will go from here?
Old 9 Dec 2020, 00:19 (Ref:4021662)   #203
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Update on Marc's condition here, detailing the inability of the surgeons to be able to forecast how long it will take him to heal.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...arpet-for-free
Old 9 Dec 2020, 10:21 (Ref:4021711)   #204
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I do feel it’s becoming just as much as a case of ‘if’ as well as ‘when’ with regards to Marquez’s comeback.
Old 10 Dec 2020, 05:29 (Ref:4021869)   #205
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I do feel it’s becoming just as much as a case of ‘if’ as well as ‘when’ with regards to Marquez’s comeback.
My guess is that he will be back, but 2021 may be a stretch.

Really feel for him and what he is going through at present!
Old 10 Dec 2020, 18:46 (Ref:4022018)   #206
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
This was on his official site on the 4th Dec.
Marc Marquez has undergone a new operation on his right arm as a result of the slow healing of the humerus bone, which has not improved with specific shock wave treatment.

Today the rider has undergone surgery at the Hospital Ruber Internacional, in Madrid, for a pseudarthrosis of the right humerus.

The surgery, carried out by a team made up of doctors Samuel Antuña, Ignacio Roger de Oña, Juan de Miguel, Aitor Ibarzabal and Andrea Garcia Villanueva, consisted of the removal of the previous plate and the placement of a new plate with the addition of an iliac crest bone graft with a corticoperiosteal free flap.

The surgical procedure lasted for eight hours and was uneventful.

Hopefully it will allow him to return
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 Dec 2020, 21:59 (Ref:4022059)   #207
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for your learned medical input Gordon, is there no end to your talents
Old 10 Dec 2020, 22:04 (Ref:4022060)   #208
S griffin
Veteran

I think we need to wait and see on this one. Although the medical team have done a good job, there’s no guarantee he will make a comeback yet
Old 10 Dec 2020, 22:43 (Ref:4022065)   #209
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Thanks for your learned medical input Gordon, is there no end to your talents
Pseudarthrosis
Pseudarthrosis is a bone fracture that has no chance of mending without intervention. In pseudarthrosis the body perceives bone fragments as separate bones and does not attempt to unite them. Often this is a the result of inadequate healing after the fracture, though it can also be the result of a developmental failure.

The treatment of septic bone defects represents a significant challenge in orthopaedic surgery. Non-vascularised cancellous bone grafts are very commonly used. In contrast, thin and malleable periosteal grafts have generally only been investigated in animal models. The free corticoperiosteal flap is used only in exceptional cases in traumatology

Yes I have letters after my name, however I wont put them on a family site like this

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 10 Dec 2020 at 22:53.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Dec 2020, 12:44 (Ref:4022871)   #210
wnut
Veteran

Thanks Gordon, for a small fee I believe you can validate your qualifications in the middle east.

Here is a good case for full face helmets on motor bikes following our discussions earlier. Fortunately she wasn't badly injured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkN-1wX9Ab8
Old 29 Dec 2020, 13:48 (Ref:4025622)   #211
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
In other news...

https://www.boxrepsol.com/en/motogp-...-championship/

Old 29 Dec 2020, 16:14 (Ref:4025647)   #212
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
A nice bit of "gravel rash" will do them the power of good, had a fair bit of it in my "yoof"
Old 29 Dec 2020, 16:23 (Ref:4025649)   #213
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post

As if their colours couldn’t get any brighter
Old 29 Dec 2020, 21:31 (Ref:4025720)   #214
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumour has it that Suzuki are going with mankinis, they're looking for suitable models - Gordon?
Old 29 Dec 2020, 22:04 (Ref:4025724)   #215
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Rumour has it that Suzuki are going with mankinis, they're looking for suitable models - Gordon?
Well I don't mind as long as they pay me enough
I would do it as long as I can keep my wellies on as this picture in one of my local pubs in the UK proves. We were at a photo shoot for the Larkins Brewery owners 70th birthday card a few years back. I have blanked out the relevant parts so you don't all have a heart attack
Click image for larger version

Name:	Castle Inn.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	65979
Old 30 Dec 2020, 07:38 (Ref:4025766)   #216
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
That's scary!
Old 30 Dec 2020, 07:44 (Ref:4025768)   #217
S griffin
Veteran

Just hope I can keep that image out of my head
Old 30 Dec 2020, 17:51 (Ref:4025865)   #218
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Just hope I can keep that image out of my head
It was a real hoot, my other half took the pictures while one of her mates made sure that no "tackle" was showing I suppose I needn't have blanked that bit out but we were completely naked (apart from wellies or boots) then one of the female watchers wrote on our cheeks with a marker pen spelling "Happy Birthday Bob"