Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 9 Aug 2019, 19:45 (Ref:3922128)   #1
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British Superbikes 2021

Just caught up with last weekend's racing from Thruxton, great action from the fastest circuit in the UK. BSB is technically a world apart from both WSBK and MotoGP but for me I think the racing without the benefit of all the electronic aids makes it far more competitive and judging by the spectator attendance they agree. That in itself makes it all the more impressive for riders like Tommy Bridewell jumping from one series to another.
There's an interesting parallel with open wheel formulae in race cars with F1 being so far removed from any vehicle that you're ever likely to drive on the road, the best open wheel circuit racing for me is FF1600's which fortunately is relatively cheap to attend.
Every BSB meeting I manage to attend is incredibly well supported with pretty knowledgeable fans and the results so far this year reflect the competitive nature of the series with the changes in rostrum places. Superb races from Thruxton, great 1st time win for Irwin on the Honda, roll on Cadwell!
Old 10 Aug 2019, 09:16 (Ref:3922174)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I agree, BSB has had some great racing this season. And Scott Redding has really taken to the series like the proverbial duck to water.
Old 11 Aug 2019, 17:57 (Ref:3922318)   #3
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Just caught up with last weekend's racing from Thruxton, great action from the fastest circuit in the UK. BSB is technically a world apart from both WSBK and MotoGP but for me I think the racing without the benefit of all the electronic aids makes it far more competitive and judging by the spectator attendance they agree. That in itself makes it all the more impressive for riders like Tommy Bridewell jumping from one series to another.
There's an interesting parallel with open wheel formulae in race cars with F1 being so far removed from any vehicle that you're ever likely to drive on the road, the best open wheel circuit racing for me is FF1600's which fortunately is relatively cheap to attend.
Every BSB meeting I manage to attend is incredibly well supported with pretty knowledgeable fans and the results so far this year reflect the competitive nature of the series with the changes in rostrum places. Superb races from Thruxton, great 1st time win for Irwin on the Honda, roll on Cadwell!
The Thruxton races were pretty good. The bikes looked spectacular around Church corner. Incidentally, is it possible to view racing action at Thruxton outside of the main spectator areas around the complex? Is it possible to get out in the countryside (legally) to see things going flat out?
Old 11 Aug 2019, 19:53 (Ref:3922335)   #4
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
Is it possible to get out in the countryside (legally) to see things going flat out?
No. Beyond the spectating areas at the complex you can walk to the top of the hill overlooking Seagrave and the run up to Noble but there is no public access beyond that point. So Goodwood, Village, Church, Brooklands and the run up Woodham Hill back to the chicane are all prohibited areas. If you stand high up on the hill overlooking Campbell/Cobb/Seagrave you can see right across to the other side of the circuit and you can look back to Allard as well but sadly that's it.
Old 12 Aug 2019, 08:08 (Ref:3922384)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I did think you had to be a marshal to watch from those areas
Old 12 Aug 2019, 19:05 (Ref:3922480)   #6
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
No. Beyond the spectating areas at the complex you can walk to the top of the hill overlooking Seagrave and the run up to Noble but there is no public access beyond that point. So Goodwood, Village, Church, Brooklands and the run up Woodham Hill back to the chicane are all prohibited areas. If you stand high up on the hill overlooking Campbell/Cobb/Seagrave you can see right across to the other side of the circuit and you can look back to Allard as well but sadly that's it.
Thank you. It's a bit of a shame but I suspected that was probably the case.
Old 29 Nov 2020, 07:29 (Ref:4019331)   #7
Kato
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Kato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see an Aussie won the title.
Old 5 Dec 2020, 20:54 (Ref:4020829)   #8
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its really not sorry, bout time they all went somewhere else especially Brookes, best bike, best rider, was crap in SBK.
Old 6 Dec 2020, 00:38 (Ref:4020848)   #9
Kato
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Kato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
Its really not sorry, bout time they all went somewhere else especially Brookes, best bike, best rider, was crap in SBK.
I think a Aussie refugee from World Supers to the British Championship is indicative of the reverse. Too many Brits in the World series.
Old 6 Dec 2020, 10:40 (Ref:4020913)   #10
S griffin
Veteran

Brookes deserved that title, he was really on it and he’s always been a great addition to the series
Old 6 Dec 2020, 22:13 (Ref:4021190)   #11
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brits are there as there is nowhere else to go, Laverty Sykes Camier should not have been there this long, but SBK is a shadow is what it could and once was, its a shambles of a series quite honestly, bit Brookes was awful there, can only ride in BSB, which would be massively improved if Bird sodded off, he would not be allowed anywhere near a paddock if I was Palmer bloke is a total disgrace Shows that money buys you everything but respect.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 00:53 (Ref:4021237)   #12
S griffin
Veteran

Well I don’t think Bird is the one showing a lack of respect here
Old 20 Dec 2020, 18:11 (Ref:4024180)   #13
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Stuart Garner the former owner of Norton Motorcycles will be forced to pay back about £14m missing from the company’s employee retirement fund, after being refused permission to appeal a pensions ombudsman’s ruling.
The investigation began after Garner had failed to transfer funds to the Commando 2012 Pension Scheme, the Donington MC Pension Scheme and the Dominator 2012 Pension Scheme. Instead of releasing the funds into the schemes, something the trustee should do within six months, Garner invested the money into the struggling Norton Motorcycles brand.

The investigation onto the scandal was brought about after 30 members of the three schemes made complaints that Garner had also failed to release funds to return the funds to pension holders when they were due.

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 20 Dec 2020 at 18:16.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Dec 2020, 21:41 (Ref:4024211)   #14
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Sad story for all concerned Gordon, thanks for reporting.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 22:00 (Ref:4024216)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sad story for all concerned Gordon, thanks for reporting.
There is an awful lot more to this, you will have to read the full report as to all the "fiddling" that has been going on virtually from the start with some of the people involved receiving sentences.
I doubt if much of the money will ever be recovered, especially in todays financial climate
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Dec 2020, 09:46 (Ref:4024298)   #16
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
https://www.cycleworld.com/story/mot...t-happens-now/
I don't know how up to date this information is but it paints a pretty horrendous state of affairs, no wonder Triumph weren't interested in any sort of collaboration.
Old 17 Feb 2021, 00:09 (Ref:4035515)   #17
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...cycles-return/
Hopefully it will work in these times we find ourselves in ?
If someone wants to start a 2021 WSB thread please go ahead
Old 21 Feb 2021, 23:21 (Ref:4036245)   #18
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
we'll recycle the 2020 ones

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Jul 2021, 03:54 (Ref:4061970)   #19
cg7aa
Veteran

Cracking racing from BSB at Knockhill. Really looking forward to what young Rory Skinner can do. What is going on with Josh Brookes?
Old 23 Jul 2021, 19:40 (Ref:4062905)   #20
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Josh Brookes has shown no pace at Oulton or Knockhill, very strange. Christian Iddon and O'Halloran looking very strong so far but it could all change at Brands in wet conditions. Super close racing as always, probably the best series in the world, as James Whitham says all the manufacturer road based bikes are competitive which is why they draw such big crowds.
Old 26 Jul 2021, 16:25 (Ref:4063278)   #21
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Entertaining weekend from Brands with Christian Iddon deservedly winning the last race in topsy turvy conditions thereby giving him a clear lead in the standings. Rory Skinner is increasingly impressive for a newby meanwhile Brookes languishes mid field. Jeepers how brave are these lads on a damp circuit! Thruxton next weekend.
Old 1 Aug 2021, 20:50 (Ref:4064692)   #22
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Entertaining weekend from Brands with Christian Iddon deservedly winning the last race in topsy turvy conditions thereby giving him a clear lead in the standings. Rory Skinner is increasingly impressive for a newby meanwhile Brookes languishes mid field. Jeepers how brave are these lads on a damp circuit! Thruxton next weekend.
Just caught up with the action from Brands. Changeable conditions made for very interesting racing, the field are so closely matched at the top end. All the very best to Brad Jones.

Looking forward to catching up with the action from Thruxton, it should be a blast on such a fast circuit. There should be nice sideways action.
Old 6 Aug 2021, 14:12 (Ref:4065620)   #23
cg7aa
Veteran

Pretty good action from Thruxton; I love the circuit, I could watch anything going through the fast sections of the track all day and not get bored. I need to find out who owns the various bits of land out in the country as I could spectate from there on day. The main spectator complex has never really thrilled me I'm afraid.

Anyway, a very dominant weekend by one rider but the action behind was good nonetheless. I hate to bang on and on about this (nobody is reading anyway!) but I'm still puzzled by Josh Brookes' form, I find the explanation given by the pundits to explain his current form (something about not getting the rear grip/feels he wants) a bit unsatisfactory. How does this happen overnight, has the tyre compounds and/or construction been changed for this season?

Also, is it me or are there fewer Kawasakis in the field this season? Their numbers seem to have been declining over the last couple of seasons. Have they been strangled by the regulations or have the likes of Ducati and Yamaha just moved on further with their bikes?
Old 18 Aug 2021, 19:11 (Ref:4067574)   #24
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
I hate to bang on and on about this (nobody is reading anyway!) but I'm still puzzled by Josh Brookes' form, I find the explanation given by the pundits to explain his current form (something about not getting the rear grip/feels he wants) a bit unsatisfactory. How does this happen overnight, has the tyre compounds and/or construction been changed for this season?
What makes it even more puzzling is that his team mate Christian Iddon is consistently fast and lies 3rd in the championship. Jason O'Halloran is starting to run away with the points this year but we still have another 6 rounds to go. Cadwell Park next which is bit tight for overtaking moves but spectacular nevertheless.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 12:20 (Ref:4068262)   #25
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
The rumours are that Leon Haslam will be back in BSB next year on Kawasaki to boost their presence in the series.