Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 9 Dec 2017, 06:33 (Ref:3785967)   #1
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2018 Isle of Man TT

The first official promo video to the 2018 Isle of Man TT has been released a couple days ago at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30TRIV3kKZE

At the start of the clip there is footage of Conor Cummins' crash at the Verandah back in 2010. Be warned.
At the very place just a few meters prior to Conors accident site, at the start of the layby, there is a small wooden cross with a plaque for Italian rider Gilberto Parlotti who came off there in 1972. Giacomo Agostini, best mate with Gilberto, would declare afterwards that he's not going to return to the TT as it is too dangerous. Parlottis fatal crash there is significiant to the TT's history though, as it lead to the end of world championship races on the Mountain Course.

Personally, I`m looking forward to my 2nd TT fortnight since flights are booked already and accomodation is sorted as well
Following a first sniff in marshaling during the Manx GP earlier this year (11 signatures, on the green card now ) I`m really looking forward to marshal at the TT with my mates of the Auto66 Club from Scarborough at Quarry Bends again and to the IMC I`m enrolled to during the fortnight.
Also I`ll be giving my premier marshaling appearance with the Southern 100 club down at Billown at the pre-TT races.

Exciting times ahead & just 167 till departure. Oh roll on TT '18.
Old 12 Dec 2017, 22:07 (Ref:3786668)   #2
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I still need to decide how long I'm going for and book some way of getting across...
Old 13 Dec 2017, 03:06 (Ref:3786722)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
The first official promo video to the 2018 Isle of Man TT has been released a couple days ago at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30TRIV3kKZE

At the start of the clip there is footage of Conor Cummins' crash at the Verandah back in 2010. Be warned.
At the very place just a few meters prior to Conors accident site, at the start of the layby, there is a small wooden cross with a plaque for Italian rider Gilberto Parlotti who came off there in 1972. Giacomo Agostini, best mate with Gilberto, would declare afterwards that he's not going to return to the TT as it is too dangerous. Parlottis fatal crash there is significiant to the TT's history though, as it lead to the end of world championship races on the Mountain Course.

Personally, I`m looking forward to my 2nd TT fortnight since flights are booked already and accomodation is sorted as well
Following a first sniff in marshaling during the Manx GP earlier this year (11 signatures, on the green card now ) I`m really looking forward to marshal at the TT with my mates of the Auto66 Club from Scarborough at Quarry Bends again and to the IMC I`m enrolled to during the fortnight.
Also I`ll be giving my premier marshaling appearance with the Southern 100 club down at Billown at the pre-TT races.

Exciting times ahead & just 167 till departure. Oh roll on TT '18.
Brilliant promo video and glad you're able to go again!

I'll have to settle for watching it through a screen. One day, I'll have enough coin...
Old 13 Dec 2017, 19:41 (Ref:3786882)   #4
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp View Post
I still need to decide how long I'm going for and book some way of getting across...
I'm just looking into adding a third week past the racing and take the plane again. Nothings cheaper than flybe

See you there again, mate
Old 13 Dec 2017, 19:44 (Ref:3786883)   #5
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

I'll have to settle for watching it through a screen. One day, I'll have enough coin...
Actually, my 2nd time for the Manx this year, was financed on a loan. But as Mick Chatterton and the wife of Ernie Coates c9nsolidated
Old 13 Dec 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3786885)   #6
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:

Actually, my 2nd time for the Manx this year, was financed on a loan. But Mick Chatterton and the wife of Ernie Coates gave me some consolation "Look at this guys (all ex-racers in their 60s), they never came here any different"

4 weeks that turned out the most fantastic time in my life so far. No regrets !
Old 11 Jun 2018, 04:02 (Ref:3828254)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hope Andy77 is having fun.

I'm looking for a way I can watch delayed coverage. I know, I'm late but the old cable box was setup to record all new episodes but I dump the box a while ago. Anything outside of highlights on a youtube channel?
Old 13 Jun 2018, 15:44 (Ref:3828935)   #8
jcdeleted
Rookie

jcdeleted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TT coverage

Quote:
Hope Andy77 is having fun.

I'm looking for a way I can watch delayed coverage. I know, I'm late but the old cable box was setup to record all new episodes but I dump the box a while ago. Anything outside of highlights on a youtube channel?

Try ITV4. Two one hour highlights programmes tonight and tomorrow, both at 7 pm. Watch out for young Davey Todd.