Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 8 Jan 2018, 14:48 (Ref:3791378)   #1
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
2018 MotoGP

Final rider line up for 2018

Factory Teams
Movistar Yamaha
Valentino Rossi
Yamaha M1

Maverick Viñales
Yamaha M1

Repsol Honda
Dani Pedrosa
Honda RC213V

Marc Márquez
Honda RC213V

Ecstar Suzuki
Andrea Iannone
Suzuki GSX-RR

Alex Rins
Suzuki GSX-RR

Gresini Aprilia
Scott Redding
Aprilia RS-GP

Aleix Espargaro
Aprilia RS-GP

KTM Factory
Bradley Smith*1
KTM RC16

Pol Espargaro
KTM RC16

Factory Ducati
Jorge Lorenzo
Ducati GP18

Andrea Dovizioso
Ducati GP18

Satellite Teams
Pramac Ducati
Danilo Petrucci
Ducati GP18

Jack Miller
Ducati GP17

LCR Honda
Cal Crutchlow
Honda RC213V

Taka Nakagami
Honda RC213V

Monster Tech 3 Yamaha
Jonas Folger
Yamaha M1

Johann Zarco
Yamaha M1

Marc VDS Honda
Franco Morbidelli
Honda RC213V

Tom Luthi
Honda RC213V

Aspar Ducati
Alvaro Bautista
Ducati GP17

Karel Abraham
Ducati GP16

Avintia Ducati
Tito Rabat
Ducati GP17

Xavier Simeon
Ducati GP16

1. Since Austria, reports have continued that KTM is losing patience with Bradley Smith, and that they may swap his role with Mika Kallio, promoting Kallio to the MotoGP team and making Smith the test rider. Also the venue for this years British round has not been announced "INTERESTING"
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Jan 2018, 16:36 (Ref:3791393)   #2
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Also the venue for this years British round has not been announced "INTERESTING"
Back in September I know there was a draft calendar issued with British GP Venue TBC, but right now on MotoGP.com they are showing it as Silverstone...

http://www.motogp.com/en/event/Great+Britain
Old 8 Jan 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3791395)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think it’s unlikely ever to be at COTW, but I’d love to see it back at Donington
Old 8 Jan 2018, 22:25 (Ref:3791450)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Welsh circuit has been abandoned, as it should have been from the start

Quite where all the money Silverstone made for them went I do not know

No-one seems to be asking, as for the past 3 years the COTW has been the official promoter of the Silverstone race, not Silverstone!
Old 9 Jan 2018, 12:30 (Ref:3791524)   #5
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
1. Since Austria, reports have continued that KTM is losing patience with Bradley Smith, and that they may swap his role with Mika Kallio, promoting Kallio to the MotoGP team and making Smith the test rider. "
Unless something has changed since after the end of the season, when KTM categorically stated that Smith would remain with the team as race rider for 2018, then I think you might be looking at out-of-date reports.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 07:07 (Ref:3798359)   #6
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
1126 Crashes in MotoGP 2017

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...7-1126-crashes

Tough, tough gig!
Old 5 Feb 2018, 17:33 (Ref:3798751)   #7
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
any reactions after the first test of 2018?

http://www.motogp.com/en/TestResults...pang+Test+2018

.. well .. after 2017 .. things definitely changed a lot during the season ...

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Feb 2018, 07:33 (Ref:3799222)   #8
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
thanks Dani.

Spectacular results from Dani, Jorge, Crutchlow, Miller and Rins.

Must be some head scratching going on with Marquez and Rossi.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 21:26 (Ref:3803488)   #9
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tech3 parts way with Yamaha after 2018
can't say I or anybody was expecting that
wonder with whom will Tech3 go with? Suzuki? Another Honda? Another Ducati? .. it can't be Aprilia right .. not yet dont think so

hope Yamaha dont lose Zarco

Ciao Marco
Old 24 Feb 2018, 02:01 (Ref:3803516)   #10
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
hope Yamaha dont lose Zarco
Zarco is not contracted to Yamaha... his contract is with Tech3.... hence why when Rossi broke his leg last year Zarco could not be promoted to sub for him.
Tech3 said at the time Yamaha were aware of the Tech3 being nothing but a customer, with T3 responsible for contracting their own drivers, sponsors etc, and that Yamaha knew not to even think about asking to use Zarco.

Having said that I know not how long remains on Zarco's Tech3 contract.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 11:10 (Ref:3803581)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not sure thats right

Tech 3 always operate on a one rider is Yam another is Tech 3. Happaned with Cal, Dovi, Spies, Smith and Pol. One Yam, One T3.

I am fairly sure Zarco was the Yam man and Folger was the Tech 3 rider.

They would not have removed Zarco for a few rides on a factory bike coz of contracts etc, nothing to do with anything else.

It is just not that easy to nick riders from contracts anymore. From other series perhaps, but not necessarily from within the same class.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 14:16 (Ref:3803614)   #12
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Not sure thats right

Tech 3 always operate on a one rider is Yam another is Tech 3. Happaned with Cal, Dovi, Spies, Smith and Pol. One Yam, One T3.

I am fairly sure Zarco was the Yam man and Folger was the Tech 3 rider.
From Autosport interview with Yamaha team manager Lin Jarvis last year
Quote:
Yamaha opted not to field a replacement for Rossi at his home grand prix, instead fielding a sole works M1 for Maverick Vinales.

However, the Japanese manufacturer is obliged to run two bikes at Aragon, and Jarvis says there are four options available to Yamaha should Rossi be unfit to ride.

He outlined its pair of World Superbike riders, Alex Lowes - who replaced an injured Bradley Smith at Tech 3 Yamaha last year for two races - and Michael van der Mark, as well as Japanese test riders Katsuyuki Nakasuga and Kohta Nozane.

This rules out satellite Tech 3 riders Johann Zarco and Jonas Folger, who are contractually tied only to the French outfit and not to Yamaha itself.
https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...-replace-rossi
Old 15 Mar 2018, 16:18 (Ref:3808178)   #13
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VR stays on for another 2 years, great for the sport

https://twitter.com/btsportmotogp/st...18149762924544

Last edited by justracing; 15 Mar 2018 at 16:24.
Old 16 Mar 2018, 09:37 (Ref:3808303)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Brave move, let's hope he can continue challenging at the front
Old 16 Mar 2018, 13:24 (Ref:3808325)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Brilliant, motorsport needs characters like this. I just hope that he can still do the business !!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Mar 2018, 07:59 (Ref:3808473)   #16
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
he did it last year .. so why not again
i'm still hoping for the 10th title

Ciao Marco
Old 18 Mar 2018, 17:28 (Ref:3808914)   #17
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow - Simply fantastic start of the season in Dubai! http://www.motogp.com/
Old 18 Mar 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3808920)   #18
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Brilliant race.... two passes for the lead in the last part of the last lap. Roll on race #2.
(F1 take note)
Old 19 Mar 2018, 08:09 (Ref:3809047)   #19
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Brilliant race.... two passes for the lead in the last part of the last lap. Roll on race #2.
(F1 take note)
Puts the myth that you can have too much passing in a race to bed quite neatly.
I find myself literally holding my breath at times, as you say EB, F1 take note!
Old 19 Mar 2018, 23:36 (Ref:3809221)   #20
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Puts the myth that you can have too much passing in a race to bed quite neatly.
I find myself literally holding my breath at times, as you say EB, F1 take note!
Exactly, and I can see it live on my TV without paying a fortune (at the moment)
WTF is up with Lorenzo ? it's not as he hasn't had time to get sorted with the bike and he has gone well" sometimes"
Old 20 Mar 2018, 19:06 (Ref:3809469)   #21
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
it was a good race and so happy to see Rossi on the podium .. as I said before .. i'm still hoping for the 10th title
shame Zarco didnt keep the pace up

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Mar 2018, 21:37 (Ref:3809495)   #22
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Zarco needs to get away from this soft tyre thing.

It might work occasionally, but the rest are not missing a trick!
Old 21 Mar 2018, 02:36 (Ref:3809530)   #23
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Exactly, and I can see it live on my TV without paying a fortune (at the moment)
WTF is up with Lorenzo ? it's not as he hasn't had time to get sorted with the bike and he has gone well" sometimes"
https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...mosedici_.html

I don't know whether you have seen this article Gordon, it is from 2011 (before some Nimrod manages to point it out!), but summarizes the problems with the Ducati, essentially weight distribution with the L-4 engine, packaging and tyres.

Seems to need somebody that can rag it around like Stoner and now Dovi, the smooth style of Rossi and Lorenzo just seem unsuited to overcoming the tyre heating and front end problems.
Old 21 Mar 2018, 12:23 (Ref:3809600)   #24
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...mosedici_.html

I don't know whether you have seen this article Gordon, it is from 2011 (before some Nimrod manages to point it out!), but summarizes the problems with the Ducati, essentially weight distribution with the L-4 engine, packaging and tyres.

Seems to need somebody that can rag it around like Stoner and now Dovi, the smooth style of Rossi and Lorenzo just seem unsuited to overcoming the tyre heating and front end problems.
Agreed as Vali did have his moments as well with the Ducati but it was a disappointing 2 years for him overall
Old 21 Mar 2018, 21:32 (Ref:3809728)   #25
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All in all a fantastic opening race and a promising start for Cal Crutchlow. From what I could make out Lorenzo suffered some sort of mechanical/electrical failure, he appeared to fall with no good reason. VR once again shows his class finishing on the podium, poetry in motion and as for that titanic last lap battle between Dovi and Marquez they really are supreme talents. I have been fortunate enough to witness a few top riders racing live and the tv pictures simply do not do them justice, to ride in such close quarters at these speeds is incredible you have to see it to believe it.