Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 30 Mar 2018, 12:16 (Ref:3811914)   #1
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British Superbikes 2018

Kicks off this weekend, all races live on Eurosport, surely one of the best 2 wheel competitions in the world. Fast, competitive and for the most somewhat unpredictable, what's not to like? Over the last 10 years or so I have become a real convert with so many dull and boring 4 wheel series turning into a snooze fest, bring it on Shakey/Brookes/Haslam et al.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3811971)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Agreed justracing, you only have to look at the crowds at BSB meetings to see what a pull it has, it would be interesting to see the gate figures compared to the BTCC .
I used to go to most of the local bike race meetings back in the 60/70s at Brands and Crystal Palace when you had a job to get a decent vantage point !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Mar 2018, 18:13 (Ref:3811984)   #3
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I stiil attend most BSBK rounds at Brands since I have a season ticket every year and it's still a scrum on race day but thinking back to when Brands used to host the WSBK as well, I remember parking up and walking round to South Bank around 7am on race day to find most of the decent vantage points had already gone. I think it was 2000 when Bayliss/Edwards/Corsa/Haga etc were racing and by 9am there wasn't a blade of grass to be seen anywhere. The crowd was in excess of 100,000 I think and it took me 2 hours to get out of the car park and back on the A20. A few years later when Toseland did the double I think the attendance was much the same and even the current BSBK rounds in particular the final, always attract massive knowledgeable crowds, a far cry from most of the club meetings I usually attend.
Old 31 Mar 2018, 09:23 (Ref:3812080)   #4
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I also watched the Aussie Superbikes and it was amazing to see Troy Bayliss out of retirement at 48 almost win !!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 Mar 2018, 10:53 (Ref:3812097)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I also watched the Aussie Superbikes and it was amazing to see Troy Bayliss out of retirement at 48 almost win !!!
Yep, for all the world titles he has won, he never won the Aussie Superbike title, best finish was runner up and a third, so he has made his comeback in an attempt to tick that missing box.
Also his son Ollie is doing ok in the supporting Aus Supersports 300 class. Last year at age 14 Ollie came 4th in the title and is leading this years title race after the opening two rounds.
Old 31 Mar 2018, 15:14 (Ref:3812133)   #6
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Just caught up with Bayliss at Philip Island, first 2 races he was right up there as well. Living legend on a Ducati, now we know where Marquez learnt his trade of rear wheel slide!
Old 12 Apr 2018, 20:04 (Ref:3815083)   #7
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a word about the Donington opening races? Anyway, it was great to see a new face do a brilliant double! Dominating performance. This season could be very interesting indeed.

On a different note, does anybody what Guintoli is up to this season?
Old 13 Apr 2018, 08:00 (Ref:3815156)   #8
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
Anyway, it was great to see a new face do a brilliant double! Dominating performance.
Absolutely agree, Bradley Ray does the double on a Suzuki! What odds could you have got on that one? Peculiar first race for Leon Haslam with no real explanation as to his lack of pace and Shakey's wheelie didn't do too much for his race start but as you say the series has all the ingredients for one of the best years racing yet.
Sadly, I can't make the Brands meeting this weekend but for sure I'll watch the tv coverage avidly. Fantastic race series as always. Mind you after the shenanigans of last weekends Moto GP it will be hard act to follow!
Old 14 Apr 2018, 20:34 (Ref:3815494)   #9
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
...Peculiar first race for Leon Haslam with no real explanation as to his lack of pace and Shakey's wheelie didn't do too much for his race start but as you say the ...
By some accounts, Leon was having problems with his tyres and was, shall we say, extremely unimpressed with the tyres the tyre maker had supplied him.
Rogue tyres are still ending up in the batches supplied (apparently) and if you're issued with those, you're pretty much screwed.
Old 15 Apr 2018, 12:59 (Ref:3815730)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The issue is that the 2018 tyres are not the same it appears as the 2017, despite assurances they are.

They haven't tested on them and it will likely mean a lot of work to get the bike to work on them

Yet another stupid decision from Pirelli who routinely do things like this in their racing.

Taken on too much I think.
Old 17 Apr 2018, 18:27 (Ref:3816230)   #11
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Great to see Leon get that win in the 2nd race in really treacherous conditions at Brands.
Old 15 May 2018, 20:10 (Ref:3822687)   #12
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Great to see Leon get that win in the 2nd race in really treacherous conditions at Brands.
And a double at Oulton Park. I hope Bradley Ray can still mount a challenge. What on earth brought Kiyo back to the BSB?
Old 19 May 2018, 10:22 (Ref:3823361)   #13
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Shane Bryne injured at Snetterton in practice !
https://www.crash.net/bsb/news/89628...etterton-crash

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 19 May 2018 at 10:27.
Old 19 May 2018, 21:21 (Ref:3823438)   #14
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Shane Bryne injured at Snetterton in practice !
https://www.crash.net/bsb/news/89628...etterton-crash
That's disastrous, I do hope he takes his time to recover fully before riding again, he's not getting any younger. Talking of which Troy Bayliss had a tumble in the Aussie SBK's and although he wasn't visibly injured I do wonder if he's having second thoughts about his comeback to try and win the only title which eluded him.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 09:53 (Ref:3831841)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
This is Shane Bryne at the moment !Click image for larger version

Name:	DfrTl_wWkAEn-x_.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	51445
Old 20 Jun 2018, 08:35 (Ref:3832043)   #16
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
This is Shane Bryne at the moment !Attachment 51445
I don't know how he's managing to keep a smile on his face, these guys are made of some pretty strong stuff! I hope for his sake he quits riding.
Old 21 Jun 2018, 09:40 (Ref:3832294)   #17
snailpace85
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
snailpace85 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't know how he's managing to keep a smile on his face, these guys are made of some pretty strong stuff! I hope for his sake he quits riding.
As racers I think we all know the problem - it's like an addictive drug! Worse than heroin. The things that the Dunlop family have been through and the Haslams and many others - but they still keep going. I think the most remarkable effort at keeping racing has been Ian Hutchinson. I couldn't believe how determined was his recovery from his Silverstone accident and he was winning TTs again until he broke his leg again....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/44083363

Utterly remarkable.

Having said that, we all know that we'll have to quit some time. That's not stopping me from celebrating my 65th birthday by doing a trackday at Snetterton on Tuesday though! I'm a whimp - cars not bikes but did consider bikes many years ago.

Scott
Old 1 Jul 2018, 22:05 (Ref:3834219)   #18
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
They are made of something else! The first I saw of him post-accident was him in the Eurosport studios for the Laguna Seca world superbike races. I couldn't believe my eyes!
Old 1 Jul 2018, 22:10 (Ref:3834221)   #19
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
... I hope Bradley Ray can still mount a challenge...
It's beginning to unravel a little bit for Bradley, two DNFs at Snetterton.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 12:32 (Ref:3855415)   #20
Formo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
Formo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Showdown

It's the showdown this weekend.

a 61 point advantage surely means that Leon will be heading to WSB as the champion if he just stays on his bike for all three races.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 12:33 (Ref:3855416)   #21
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Yes, the title is Leon's to win. What could possibly go wrong...
Old 8 Oct 2018, 13:17 (Ref:3855423)   #22
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Something, we can all hope lol!