Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 1 Oct 2018, 09:10 (Ref:3853762)   #1
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Ana Carrasco - World Supersport 300 Champion

AT last a legitimate World Championship title won by a Woman, Ana Carrasco takes the World 300 Supersport Championship.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...otorbike-rider

Congratulations Ana, probably the biggest achievement by a woman in motorsport!
Old 1 Oct 2018, 11:44 (Ref:3853798)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You are aware of Michele Mouton no?

Jeez get a grip
Old 1 Oct 2018, 20:28 (Ref:3853908)   #3
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Ana did do well with all those young Latin hotheads that tend to knock each other off on the first and last laps. Although she only won 2 races all season she did enough to secure the title. She also got most of the money together by crowdfunding that several others have tried in the Spanish championships but they got behind her and showed that it can work. Well done
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Oct 2018, 20:36 (Ref:3853912)   #4
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
You are aware of Michele Mouton no?

Jeez get a grip
Michèle Mouton although a very good racer never won a championship against top of the tree drivers in competitive cars
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Oct 2018, 20:36 (Ref:3853913)   #5
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great achivement no doubt but bile racing is NOT motorsport it comes under the FIM Motorsport comes under the FIA
Old 1 Oct 2018, 21:07 (Ref:3853919)   #6
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
A great achivement no doubt but bile racing is NOT motorsport it comes under the FIM Motorsport comes under the FIA
This is the bike thread though
Motorsport or motor sport is a global term used to encompass the group of competitive sporting events which primarily involve the use of motorised vehicles, whether for racing or non-racing competition. The terminology can also be used to describe forms of competition of two-wheeled motorised vehicles under the banner of motorcycle racing, and includes off-road racing such as motocross.
Old 2 Oct 2018, 00:40 (Ref:3853946)   #7
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't pay to see bile racing...we see enough bile vented on this forum...but I have seen some absolutely outstanding MOTORbike racing over the last 50 years...

A massive well done to Ana...riding since she was 3, terrific result
Old 2 Oct 2018, 07:51 (Ref:3853980)   #8
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
I wouldn't pay to see bile racing...we see enough bile vented on this forum...but I have seen some absolutely outstanding MOTORbike racing over the last 50 years...

A massive well done to Ana...riding since she was 3, terrific result
Old 2 Oct 2018, 09:45 (Ref:3854003)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry but that series is intended for young, up and coming racers, at an age limit under the age of Moto3.

Not washed up female racers like Carasco and Herrera who have 10 years experience racing in GP racing and the support series.

it would be like John McPhee coming back to race in Motostar in the UK.

She is there coz she is Spanish, the series ie run by Spaniards and they want some publicity.

Fair play, she ride well and deserved to win, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, she and Herrera did nothing at all in Moto3, despite good records (which I now dispute) in the feeder series
Old 7 Oct 2018, 20:25 (Ref:3855286)   #10
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Oh here we go again.

She did a great job in a series that anyone can compete in and kept herself together when everyone else threw it away. She thoroughly deserves the title
Old 8 Oct 2018, 11:14 (Ref:3855401)   #11
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Oh here we go again.

She did a great job in a series that anyone can compete in and kept herself together when everyone else threw it away. She thoroughly deserves the title

Couldn't agree more. Some of the posts in this thread are little short of pathetic.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 17:02 (Ref:3855467)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Really?

You are jumping on the female bandwagon, typically in a male dominated sport. Oh lets slap the girl on the back, it's embarrassing.

She is what mid 20's? Years of experience in CIV and Moto3, what did you expect? Imagine of say Migno went back to this class, do you think he might do quite well?

The series is suppsed to be about kids even younger than Red Bull rookies, or should be. Not about Dorna pushing two women who were crap in Moto3 back into it again. On road bikes basically, in a series run by Spain.

Fair play, she rode well and deserved to win the title, as did both she and Herrera in Spain before their GP careers, but neither of them did chuff all in the big league, despite many chances, so what makes you think yet another shove in the back is going to do for them?
Think before you post, for the love of God
Please tell me.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 07:47 (Ref:3855604)   #13
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think one person does need to think before they post and it's definitely not me
Old 9 Oct 2018, 10:03 (Ref:3855633)   #14
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think one person needs to stop reacting to everything someone else posts and be a bit more individual, come up with ideas of their own, instead of just reacting to a username. But that's nothing new.

She won two races and was nowhere near winning in any others, in fact last 4 races she was outside the top 10! hardly great form.

Don't get me wrong, she is quick, she was in Spanish 125 years ago, but did chuff all in Moto3 as didn't Herrera.

My issue s with Dorna and the rules, the age limits should be 15 to 20, no older, as right now this series looks to some extent like a failed Moto3 riders retirement home.

There are riders in this formula in their mid 20's, it should be ONLY for teens or younger.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 10:42 (Ref:3855641)   #15
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
To be fair they did change the rules mid-season to a higher minimum weight so they had to add ballast to her bike. Maybe don't comment so strongly if you don't have all the facts.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 11:17 (Ref:3855645)   #16
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
My issue s with Dorna and the rules, the age limits should be 15 to 20, no older, as right now this series looks to some extent like a failed Moto3 riders retirement home.

There are riders in this formula in their mid 20's, it should be ONLY for teens or younger.
Why the older riders improve the standards strengthen the field. The good youngsters will learn more here than racing a thin field of talentless kids, and when a youngster is winning you know he has potential.

Age and experience limited competitions just flatter mediocre riders/drivers.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 13:02 (Ref:3855674)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

Experienced riders are good yardsticks to compete against. It’s been done before in racing. Remember James Hunt discovering Gilles Villeneuve by competing against him in a one off F.Atlantic race?
Old 10 Oct 2018, 10:45 (Ref:3855880)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Hunt would go there coz he was paid a lot of money to, not to find talent, yes it worked and that's great.

I simply think this series should only be for kids, that is the point surely?

Some of the riders in there are late 20's for goodness sake. Can't take it away from Carassco, she won it, but I don't think its going to lead to anything. That bridge has burned
Old 10 Oct 2018, 11:35 (Ref:3855889)   #19
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I think its a very good achievement, and it's a shame that some peoples first reaction is to start downplaying it.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 12:15 (Ref:3855899)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
The point is.

People only think its an achievement because she is female, they don't look beyond that point.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 13:10 (Ref:3855911)   #21
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
We could go around in circles for a long time:
No other females have achieved anything like this in bike racing, therefore it is an achievement.

Marquez and Rossi sounded impressed.

You called her washed up earlier the thread. She is 21.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 15:59 (Ref:3855936)   #22
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I am not saying it is not an achievement, but it is lauded far more because she is female.

She raced for top teams in CIV for a few yers before getting into Moto3 and did nothing there.

indeed, she shows no ambition to move on, wanting to stay in 300 next year as Kawasaki 600's apparently arent fast enough, and Dorna have told her to stay in 300.

Lol
Old 10 Oct 2018, 20:19 (Ref:3855988)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

Give it up, your attempts at trolling are getting pathetic now
Old 10 Oct 2018, 22:05 (Ref:3856011)   #24
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Offer something concrete in response? As all you are doing is reading my posts and saying nothing.

On this day of all days with a pointless female series launched, that most existing female drivers are not happy with, this is worthy of discussion.

So offer something to discuss instead of bothering me with moaning
Old 10 Oct 2018, 22:14 (Ref:3856016)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

Er, the only one moaning is you. And I have tried a decent response, but we get it. You know best, everyone else is wrong