Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 2 Dec 2018, 19:40 (Ref:3867479)   #1
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2019 World Superbike Championship

With news that Honda are partnering with Althea and Moriwaki in 2019, where does that leave Ten Kate? Camier stays but Kiyonari makes a comeback. I'm perplexed by that to be honest. I would have thought they would keep Gagne who was showing some good form towards the end of the year.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2019...i%20for%202019
Old 2 Dec 2018, 21:25 (Ref:3867502)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Kiyo is one of those ones who don’t notice a lot of the time. He either goes really good or really bad
Old 24 Feb 2019, 08:12 (Ref:3886248)   #3
LPP68
Rookie

LPP68 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Season has started again! I just watched the first race. Quite an interesting race. For p2....
Old 24 Feb 2019, 20:10 (Ref:3886375)   #4
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One word says it all, Bautista! What a sensation
Old 24 Feb 2019, 20:19 (Ref:3886377)   #5
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Philip Island often throws up some unusual results but from a WSBK rookie that was some performance from the Spaniard. Encouragingly we appear to have a real battle coming up throughout the season with the new v4 Ducatis and the Yamahas looking strong against the Kawasakis , Haslam also looks to be on the pace against the mighty Rea.
Old 28 Feb 2019, 11:08 (Ref:3887285)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Saw the highlights on ITV4 last night. Great double by Bautista and Haslam ran Rea close in that second race. Should be in for a good season on the strength of that
Old 28 Feb 2019, 11:27 (Ref:3887288)   #7
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Saw the highlights on ITV4 last night. Great double by Bautista and Haslam ran Rea close in that second race. Should be in for a good season on the strength of that
Triple!
Old 2 Mar 2019, 09:56 (Ref:3887786)   #8
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you have access to Eurosport the races are live. Usually Eurosport 2, they also have a subscription app called Eurosport Player which carries live events.
Old 3 Mar 2019, 07:07 (Ref:3887935)   #9
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
at the moment it's a bit of kwaka in 2018 for Ducati
impressive Bautista on top and Davies nowhere
from what i understood after 3 events there might be an adjustment of revs .. it will be needed for the rest of the field

Ciao Marco
Old 15 Apr 2019, 20:18 (Ref:3897768)   #10
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
not much to say after 11 straight wins
makes the last 4 years domination look highly competitive

Ciao Marco
Old 16 Apr 2019, 21:30 (Ref:3898107)   #11
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Cracking races from Assen despite the bizarre weather conditions on Saturday. The opening few laps of the second race was sensational.
Old 12 May 2019, 08:25 (Ref:3903267)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Watched the Imola race from yesterday, and was pleased to see a Kawasaki win! Nothing against Ducati, I own one, but domination by any make doesn’t keep me interested. Ironic that Duc get beaten at a circuit so close to the factory.
Old 12 May 2019, 10:41 (Ref:3903285)   #13
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Watched the Imola race from yesterday, and was pleased to see a Kawasaki win! Nothing against Ducati, I own one, but domination by any make doesn’t keep me interested. Ironic that Duc get beaten at a circuit so close to the factory.
Don't forget Kawasaki have been dominating WSB for the last few years with Rea
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 May 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3903287)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Don't forget Kawasaki have been dominating WSB for the last few years with Rea
Yes, but I’m old and have a very short memory!
Old 13 May 2019, 15:27 (Ref:3903510)   #15
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Great to see Chaz Davis on the podium again. Watching that rerun of Edwards vs Bayliss from 2002 during the rain stoppage made me think that the degree of lean lean angle has increased substantially over the years.
Old 14 May 2019, 10:55 (Ref:3903670)   #16
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Great to see Chaz Davis on the podium again. Watching that rerun of Edwards vs Bayliss from 2002 during the rain stoppage made me think that the degree of lean lean angle has increased substantially over the years.
The tyres have gotten better to allow it. It was great to watch, V-Twins everywhere, just before the 1,000cc 4's came along.
Old 14 May 2019, 18:43 (Ref:3903769)   #17
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
The tyres have gotten better to allow it. It was great to watch, V-Twins everywhere, just before the 1,000cc 4's came along.
Agreed, I've only been following top level 2 wheel races for around 10 years or so with real interest but watching the likes of Hodgson, Toseland, Frankie Chilli and the samurai of slide, Haga round the gp loop at Brands is a very special memory.
Old 15 May 2019, 20:13 (Ref:3904030)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

Just seen the highlights on ITV4. The old king Rea finally ends Bautista’s reign. Did wonder why the Superpole race had so much coverage on the highlights package and of course the reason being the second race was cancelled due to the weather
Old 9 Jul 2019, 20:57 (Ref:3916745)   #19
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at Donington last Sunday. Great weather and not a bad crowd either. Who wudda thought Alvaro would be behind Rea in the championship after the first 10 or so races?

These riders are incredible. My jaw dropped every time I watched them come out of the old hairpin and accelerate hard ALL the way to the entry into McLean's! How on earth do the bikes stay underneath them? It looked like the rear was about to go into an almighty slide every time. Incredible to watch.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 13:28 (Ref:3916838)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

Alvaro was really causing an upset by dominating the start of the season, now the status quo is back to normal with Rea back on top. It’s not over yet though
Old 11 Jul 2019, 16:57 (Ref:3917035)   #21
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Alvaro was really causing an upset by dominating the start of the season, now the status quo is back to normal with Rea back on top. It’s not over yet though
No, it isn't over yet, but Bautista really needs to race "smarter" and stay on the bike from now on.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3918204)   #22
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
I was at Donington last Sunday. Great weather and not a bad crowd either. Who wudda thought Alvaro would be behind Rea in the championship after the first 10 or so races?

These riders are incredible. My jaw dropped every time I watched them come out of the old hairpin and accelerate hard ALL the way to the entry into McLean's! How on earth do the bikes stay underneath them? It looked like the rear was about to go into an almighty slide every time. Incredible to watch.
I'm like you, I've watched the WSBK guys at Brands(although not in recent years) and I'm absolutely astonished how the bikes defy gravitational and centrifugal forces in remaining upright, the level of adhesion is incredible. Come to that the BSB guys put on a pretty good show as well.
Apart from Rea who is in a class of his own, the rider that has impressed me this season is Toprak, or Superglue 2 as I prefer to call him. His finishing record is very impressive. Really good to see Chaz get a win in Laguna, hopefully a return to winning form.
Old 18 Jul 2019, 05:44 (Ref:3918278)   #23
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Quote:
Originally Posted by merak1974 View Post
No, it isn't over yet, but Bautista really needs to race "smarter" and stay on the bike from now on.
and he didnt... again.

Ciao Marco
Old 18 Jul 2019, 11:49 (Ref:3918333)   #24
S griffin
Veteran

What the hell has gone wrong with Bautista? Has he suddenly found the bike doesn't suit him or something? Or has the pressure got to him? Good to see Chas win again, but once agian Johnny is a class above everyone else
Old 30 Sep 2019, 21:32 (Ref:3931185)   #25
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
What the hell has gone wrong with Bautista? Has he suddenly found the bike doesn't suit him or something? Or has the pressure got to him? Good to see Chas win again, but once agian Johnny is a class above everyone else
Well Rea has won it before the next round ! and as you said ( What the hell has gone wrong with Bautista ? )
It would appear that (according to press reports) it's Ducati's expectations that affected his performance and internal squabbling within the factory team.
Meanwhile Rea just got on with riding his bike like always It was good to see Sykes on the Beemer up the sharp end.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !