Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 9 Mar 2019, 23:32 (Ref:3889380)   #1
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Moto GP 2019

Well the season has started and by the looks of qualification it will be "interesting" !
1 Maverick VIÑALES
2 Andrea DOVIZIOSO
3 Marc MARQUEZ
However I think that Marquez can still win, one thing is for sure he will never give up and will push to the limit and doesn't seem to have any fear of crashing as proved many times in practice !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 Mar 2019, 09:27 (Ref:3889418)   #2
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No doubt that MM will drive the wheels off the Honda as always but the whole grid has tightened up this year possibly with the exception of Yamaha, Vinales proving the exception to the rule in gaining pole for the race. I rather think that unless Vinales can somehow blast away and open up a decent gap, he will swamped by the Hondas and Ducatis on the first run down the main straight. Very brave stuff from Cal Crutchlow, I just hope he doesn't have another tumble and complicate his ankle injury. So many quick riders separated by less than 1 sec, it will be a very interesting race.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 19:24 (Ref:3889518)   #3
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a brilliant race battling right to the line and a fantastic result for Cal Crutchlow, the guy is such a fighter
Old 10 Mar 2019, 19:48 (Ref:3889529)   #4
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well although I live in Spain a good part of the year I am not a particular MM fan, however he tried his best and almost won in his usual "on the limit" riding on not the best and certainly not the fastest bike. I don't know what Lorenzo is thinking right now ?
Well done Cal for an amazing come back for a well deserved 3rd, and of course the old man who got it together on race day as he normally does.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 Mar 2019, 21:04 (Ref:3889553)   #5
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
I presume the mercurial Lorenzo must have been suffering from head games after his tumbles over the weekend, for whatever reason he quite obviously didn't want to take part in the race at all judging by his demeanour on the grid.
The combination of Dovy against MM is always fireworks to watch; the cool, calm Dovy against the incredible riding talent of Marquez is so exciting and as you say Gordon, the old man performed as usual as he always does on Sundays. I didn't see the post race stuff but what the heck happened with Vinales?
Old 11 Mar 2019, 12:32 (Ref:3889630)   #6
LPP68
Rookie

LPP68 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A classic 'Marques - Dovisioso in Quatar' final. With the bonus that the '19 Ducati looks drawdroppingly beautifull.
Lot's of kudo's for Crutchlow, who looked in quite a bit of pain after the race, and also for Rins, who must be frustrated by being flown by on the straights every time.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 13:42 (Ref:3889650)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cal was touched by someone and their peg went into his bottom, his ankle as fine.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 15:41 (Ref:3889676)   #8
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My tasty little 7-1 on Dovi cheered me up no end.
Old 12 Mar 2019, 06:25 (Ref:3889812)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Managed to watch the highlights last night. Great race, as was the Moto3!

For anyone that is able to get Quest Channel in the U.K., they are showing all the races as highlights. This time it was 1800 last night (Monday).......
Old 12 Mar 2019, 06:40 (Ref:3889813)   #10
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Cal was touched by someone and their peg went into his bottom, his ankle as fine.

The post race chat was good for a chuckle. ‘Don’t mean to be rude but I’ve got a dead bum’. Haha bless him
Old 13 Mar 2019, 07:26 (Ref:3890044)   #11
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Good race, nice to have MotoGP back on the menu.

Dovi and Ducati may have the win taken away from them for running illegal winglets.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/re...ce=mostpopular

If FIM are consistent with their aero bans, I fear that Ducati may be in trouble!
Old 13 Mar 2019, 12:25 (Ref:3890087)   #12
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Good race, nice to have MotoGP back on the menu.

Dovi and Ducati may have the win taken away from them for running illegal winglets.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/re...ce=mostpopular

If FIM are consistent with their aero bans, I fear that Ducati may be in trouble!
I would be surprised as they had clearance before that it was legal I think. The winglet may be banned going forward if it is providing aero benefit. But a retro ban, I doubt it.
Old 14 Mar 2019, 09:43 (Ref:3890372)   #13
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Managed to watch the highlights last night. Great race, as was the Moto3!

For anyone that is able to get Quest Channel in the U.K., they are showing all the races as highlights. This time it was 1800 last night (Monday).......
Damn! I wondered where the highlights, had gone, now I'd missed them! Ah well, I know for next time
Old 14 Mar 2019, 21:55 (Ref:3890531)   #14
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Picture of the offending aero devices/scoops here:

https://www.gpone.com/en/2019/03/13/...entina-gp.html
Old 14 Mar 2019, 23:14 (Ref:3890546)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Presumably the "trick" that Ducati use with the rear suspension on the start line has been OKd ?
Old 18 Mar 2019, 23:54 (Ref:3891723)   #16
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Presumably the "trick" that Ducati use with the rear suspension on the start line has been OKd ?

I don't know how Gordon.
Must admit, my first reaction to the launch was active suspension.

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/11...camera-updated

Motorsport magazine ran the aero device on the swing arm past a couple of F1 engineers and they all say it is for generating downforce. There was one view from the front of the bike that made it look like a huge scoop hanging down with a wing profile on the underside.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...ppeal/4355200/

Last edited by wnut; 19 Mar 2019 at 00:01.
Old 29 Mar 2019, 22:20 (Ref:3894177)   #17
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Watching first practice for the Argentina round today, the commentators mentioned that the scoop on the swing arm has been approved on the basis that Ducati produced evidence that the device was for tyre cooling. It may well do just that to some small significance but is first and foremost an aerodynamic aid by anyones' definition surely?
Cal Crutchlow looked very quick and committed today as did Jack Miller. With 20 riders separated by less than second it promises to be good race on Sunday.
Old 30 Mar 2019, 09:53 (Ref:3894232)   #18
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honda presented their bike with the same device on it and declared it's primary function was to produce downforce. They were told it was illegal. They then re-presented the bike with it and said the primary function was tyre cooling and they are now allowed to run it.

Job done by Honda to show how daft the regulation is.
Old 30 Mar 2019, 20:56 (Ref:3894330)   #19
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well MM is still the man to beat! Does the team think that Lorenzo will ever get on terms with him ? after all it did take him a long time to get anywhere near Dovi and only then did he show a few bits of his old form when with Yamaha.
Old 30 Mar 2019, 21:08 (Ref:3894332)   #20
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
More new development parts

https://twitter.com/SofaRacer/status...01502816002048
Old 31 Mar 2019, 00:20 (Ref:3894357)   #21
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
He's going to knock s few riders out the way with that !
Old 31 Mar 2019, 22:37 (Ref:3894562)   #22
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well love him or hate him Marquez was in a different league today, also good to see the "old boy" up front and on the podium but WTF was that all about with Cal ?
As for Lorenzo I don't know what to think at the moment.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 07:06 (Ref:3894604)   #23
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cal must have moved as they would have reviewed the side on shot several times. It must have been tiny though as it was completely invisible from the front shot. It was the correct penalty under the rules but there does need to be some scope of severity added. As Hodgson says if a guy jumps from the back to the front then a ride through is far enough but not in those circumstances.

Shame as he was lapping at MMs pace in the last 3rd and, before the penalty, you could see he was just biding his time at the back of the group.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 07:31 (Ref:3894609)   #24
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Great shame for Cal but the same penalty exists in many other motor sport disciplines as well. The MM steamroller continues, what a talent but that was feisty result for VR.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 09:34 (Ref:3894631)   #25
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surely that is what the penalty lane is for.

if he jumped from the third row into the lead I could understand it, but if he moved he did by centimenters.

I have read that Spencer just sat there unmoved when the team went to see him, I think honestly a man who was so useless in his late career and made umpteen excuses and fake injuries is not the right man to be a steward.

Someone like Schwantz or Doohan surely would be better. Or even more someone more current who has ridden these types of bikes a bit. Spencer has not.