Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 1 Apr 2019, 10:37 (Ref:3894645)   #26
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I may be wrong as I haven't read the relevant rule but I expect it's a case of the only penalty that can be applied to a jump start is a drive through. The penalty lane is meant for on-track things like passing by running off track etc.

Cal is not happy reading the reports this morning...
Old 6 Apr 2019, 09:42 (Ref:3895661)   #27
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
He went too early. He has to pay the penalty. Surely the fact he's British should not make a difference?
Old 6 Apr 2019, 12:49 (Ref:3895692)   #28
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you can see him move in the footage fair enough, I simply could not.

COuld not care less where he is from really, I have no favourites.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 20:13 (Ref:3897766)   #29
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
so .. Rins ..
so top 4 under 15 points
pretty close

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Apr 2019, 14:47 (Ref:3898755)   #30
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well a mistake from Marquez gave a chance to the old boy to have a win ! however good to see Rins ride a good honest race and prove that Suzuki can be a contender. Pity for Cal as he could have been on the podium and hopefully not too bruised !! Rossi also ran a good race right from the start but Rins was too strong on those last laps and Vali settled for second.
Lorenzo is not in a good place at the moment unfortunately and a DNF didn't help in this race.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Apr 2019, 17:29 (Ref:3898775)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, great to see the Doctor back up there, but what a ride from Rins
Old 5 May 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3902008)   #32
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jerez, Marquez, metronomic, legend.
Old 5 May 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3902061)   #33
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hardly a spectacle though.

Rins looks to be the man to beat him if he could learn to qualify
Old 5 May 2019, 22:22 (Ref:3902084)   #34
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well a Spanish 123, pity it got strung out but Marquez is in a different league when he decides to ride fair and square.
Will Lorenzo get it together this year ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 6 May 2019, 00:36 (Ref:3902100)   #35
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Well a Spanish 123, pity it got strung out but Marquez is in a different league when he decides to ride fair and square.
Will Lorenzo get it together this year ?
Marquez was superb!

Looks like the youngsters are arriving though with Fabio Quartararo and Franco Morbidelli qualifying 1st and 2nd. Think it could have got a bit tighter for Marquez if Quartararo had kept going though.

Lorenzo - I just give up, brilliant at Yamaha, rubbish at Ducati, then gets fired and finds his old brilliance, now rubbish at Honda!???

Weird accident with Miller.
Old 6 May 2019, 10:24 (Ref:3902181)   #36
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Marquez always is on form. Still it’s good to see some new names up there. Others need to catch up though. Will have to watch the highlights tonight
Old 3 Jun 2019, 00:11 (Ref:3907641)   #37
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Regardless of only finishing 2nd Marquez showed his form against the Ducati's, it looks like the works Yamaha team had better sit down and have a good think along with Lorenzo who has certainly lost his way as well !.
Even Vali couldn't do anything at his home circuit for his fans after trying to play catch up and crashing after being forced off the track earlier.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 00:49 (Ref:3907644)   #38
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Regardless of only finishing 2nd Marquez showed his form against the Ducati's, it looks like the works Yamaha team had better sit down and have a good think along with Lorenzo who has certainly lost his way as well !.
Even Vali couldn't do anything at his home circuit for his fans after trying to play catch up and crashing after being forced off the track earlier.
Yamahas were never in it, Quartarara qualified well but went backwards really quickly.
The Ducati start launch device seems to work really well, Dovi going from 9th to 2nd off the start.
Great race though with the 3 Ducatis Marquez and Rins on the Suzuki in close touch for most of the race with Petrucci Dovi and Marquez three abreast and touching on the last lap. Great win for Petrucci getting his first in MotoGP.

Wish F1 could deliver this level of talent and racing!
Old 3 Jun 2019, 09:07 (Ref:3907670)   #39
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
. Great win for Petrucci getting his first in MotoGP.

Wish F1 could deliver this level of talent and racing!
These guys are fearless, absolutely enthralling race. What I love most is the honest emotion from all the riders, total contrast from the PR talk in F1. There is definitely new blood in MotoGP, Miller has shown real form in the last couple of races despite the error in Italy and Rins on the Suzuki is up there along with Petrucci and Quartarara as well.

Last edited by justracing; 3 Jun 2019 at 09:12.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 12:34 (Ref:3907693)   #40
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I might just pop up and see the next round in Spain, it is about 450miles from our place and takes between 6-8 hrs depending on traffic. Although it's a decent road up the Mediterranean highway the cops are hot on speeding (especially if you are English) !!!
Old 3 Jun 2019, 16:23 (Ref:3907728)   #41
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
I might just pop up and see the next round in Spain, it is about 450miles from our place and takes between 6-8 hrs depending on traffic. Although it's a decent road up the Mediterranean highway the cops are hot on speeding (especially if you are English) !!!
Very envious, it's a bit of a stretch from Sussex although we did the F1 race in Jerez many years back before it moved to Barcelona. I certainly wouldn't pay out to watch at Sillystone, has to be the worst spectator circuit in the UK. I'll make do with the BSB at Brands
Old 12 Jun 2019, 21:21 (Ref:3909666)   #42
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post

. I'll make do with the BSB at Brands
BSB at Brands is just superb. As good a bike meet as any.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 13:39 (Ref:3912178)   #43
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well again Marquez showed his form for an easy win helped out by his team mate who completely sodded the race up by Knocking some of the opposition off.
Well done Quartararo I would think that your first win is on the cards soon after putting a non factory Yamaha on pole.
I did think about going to the race but the thought of driving up and watching in very hot weather paled into insignificance when I can watch the whole race program on the box with a few cool beers.Sad I know but it has to be done !
Old 16 Jun 2019, 15:29 (Ref:3912206)   #44
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
How the hell John Mcphee held on to his bike at the end of the race in Moto3 I've no idea ! a shame as he was probably on for a podium finish.
I don't know how long BT Sport will be allowing us to watch it in Spain without a VPN when and "if" Brexit does happen one day.
Old 18 Jun 2019, 01:36 (Ref:3912590)   #45
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Well again Marquez showed his form for an easy win helped out by his team mate who completely sodded the race up by Knocking some of the opposition off.
Well done Quartararo I would think that your first win is on the cards soon after putting a non factory Yamaha on pole.
I did think about going to the race but the thought of driving up and watching in very hot weather paled into insignificance when I can watch the whole race program on the box with a few cool beers.Sad I know but it has to be done !
I had no confidence that Marquez would get the win, he was facing very stiff opposition until Jorge "Bowling Ball" Lorenzo intervened, desperate lunge from miles back, he should know much better. Going to have an embarrassing set of apologies to go through, I think.

I think you are right Gordon, Quartararo is beginning to look like the real deal even if his finishing position was helped by "the incident". Hopefully his arm pump problems have been sorted.
Old 18 Jun 2019, 06:35 (Ref:3912604)   #46
S griffin
Veteran

Marquez not only has the skill, but seems to have all the luck too! What a shame Lorenzo's mistake destroyed the race. Would love to see the Aprillia crash on the first lap, TV coverage didn't show enough of it. Quartararo, already looking like a champion of the future.

Just wonder why Quest are putting on the highlights quite late
Old 18 Jun 2019, 11:07 (Ref:3912645)   #47
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Marquez not only has the skill, but seems to have all the luck too! What a shame Lorenzo's mistake destroyed the race. Would love to see the Aprillia crash on the first lap, TV coverage didn't show enough of it. Quartararo, already looking like a champion of the future.

Just wonder why Quest are putting on the highlights quite late
Agreed that Marquez would have had a fight on his hands if the race had played out with all the contenders, however no doubt he would have tried one of his "do or die" moves as it was the his home race, but in the event he didn't need to.
I am lucky that having BT Sport I can stream it live straight into the TV down here without any dodgy VPNs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7bwRhZkt4Y

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 18 Jun 2019 at 11:20.
Old 18 Jun 2019, 16:42 (Ref:3912694)   #48
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I had no confidence that Marquez would get the win, he was facing very stiff opposition until Jorge "Bowling Ball" Lorenzo intervened, desperate lunge from miles back, he should know much better.
Bowling ball was about right but I think the front just washed out under braking on a cold front tyre, pretty rookie error.
And what a rodeo ride for McPhee! So unlucky to not get a podium, he clearly had the pace and grip until his bit of track was taken away with that faller in front.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 00:12 (Ref:3912766)   #49
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Bowling ball was about right but I think the front just washed out under braking on a cold front tyre, pretty rookie error.
And what a rodeo ride for McPhee! So unlucky to not get a podium, he clearly had the pace and grip until his bit of track was taken away with that faller in front.
I have no idea how McPhee stayed on! It looked like he was on his way to the stands, massive high side saved, not often you see that!
Old 19 Jun 2019, 14:42 (Ref:3912890)   #50
S griffin
Veteran

He certainly held on for sheer life, those few points could be crucial come season's end. We will probably look back on that moment then