Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 28 Jun 2019, 15:16 (Ref:3914630)   #51
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well it looks like Lorenzo is out for this weekend at Assen and possibly the next round after crashing in free practice and sustaining a fractured vertebra (how long before Honda give him his P45 ?) Vinales was quickest in Free practice 2 with Quartararo 2nd, Marquez 7th Rossi 9th. So hopefully we might just see a new winner this weekend ?
The weather is looking good for this compared with the rain in other years.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 Jun 2019, 09:09 (Ref:3914745)   #52
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yet another Lorenzo season interrupted by injury. Surely his career is not going to go on that much longer? Let's face it, it's unlikely he'll ever win a title again on recent form
Old 29 Jun 2019, 14:19 (Ref:3914785)   #53
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well it looks interesting for tomorrow with Quartararo on pole Vinales 2nd and Rins 3rd. Marquez in 4th might well "try" and use his head and settle for a place but he is Spanish after all !!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Jun 2019, 23:01 (Ref:3915238)   #54
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Got to hand it to Marquez to finish 2nd at a track where Yamaha were top dogs was pretty good ! I had hopes for Quartararo but he should have a win this year.
1st Maverick Viñales
2nd Marc Marquez
3rd Fabio Quartararo
Old 1 Jul 2019, 07:09 (Ref:3915281)   #55
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was a bit down on last year .. but not a bad race.
it seems ElDiablo had some hand pain in the race, so he wasnt 100% fit

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Jul 2019, 13:14 (Ref:3916309)   #56
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well there's not a lot can be said for Marquez who once again showed that he is head and shoulders above the rest of the field in the German MotGP
Good result for Vinales who road a sensible race and of course Cal Crutchlow who could have finished second but decided after a couple of rear tyre issues to settle for the finish.
1st Mark Marquez
2nd Maverick Vinales
3rd Cal Crutchlow

The series is going into the summer break so I might just see Marquez in one of the local bars and clubs as he has a holiday home in Mojacar.
Old 8 Jul 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3916578)   #57
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As you say Gordon, Marc M is a cut above the rest. I honestly thought that rins was in with a chance until he fell but fair do's to Cal for backing off and settling for a podium place.
Marc M's brother finished a country mile ahead in Moto 2 with a superb demonstration of his smooth riding once he had taken the lead early on and the Moto 3 was exciting as usual, they never fail to entertain!
Old 8 Jul 2019, 23:06 (Ref:3916600)   #58
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think we need a miracle if the MotoGP domination of Marquez is going to be broken for the next few seasons. It seems no one has an answer for him, at least for a whole season
Old 9 Jul 2019, 01:05 (Ref:3916611)   #59
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I suppose that you could liken Mark Marquez to The Mercedes Team for the last few years (well not quite) However he is a dam sight more exciting to watch !!!
I can't quite fathom his mind set as he will push in practice until he falls off to find the limit.
I do follow F1 but I normally go to sleep in most of the races, whereas I am often on the edge of the sofa watching the bikes.
Old 9 Jul 2019, 10:21 (Ref:3916665)   #60
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think we need a miracle if the MotoGP domination of Marquez is going to be broken for the next few seasons. It seems no one has an answer for him, at least for a whole season
that's what we thought of Bautista in WSBK .. and now he's second in the championship
so hope it's there

Ciao Marco
Old 10 Jul 2019, 08:20 (Ref:3916792)   #61
S griffin
Veteran

Yet Bautista is now second to the one who’s won it the past four seasons...
Old 10 Jul 2019, 13:26 (Ref:3916837)   #62
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I suppose that you could liken Mark Marquez to The Mercedes Team for the last few years (well not quite)
Honda riders Crutchlow and Bradl haven't been nearly as effective as Márquez. The Spaniard is just too talented.
Old 22 Jul 2019, 20:23 (Ref:3918908)   #63
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Both of the Marquez brothers were in one of our local bars last week, I recon they waited until I came back to Blighty
Old 22 Jul 2019, 21:06 (Ref:3918920)   #64
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Both of the Marquez brothers were in one of our local bars last week, I recon they waited until I came back to Blighty
Missed real selfie there
Old 23 Jul 2019, 09:34 (Ref:3918979)   #65
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Missed real selfie there
Click image for larger version

Name:	Marquez bros.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	53547
I know but a friend (Jay) from the Salty Dog bar in Mojacar managed it
Old 3 Aug 2019, 21:12 (Ref:3921035)   #66
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Czech GP

Just watched MM in qualy, the guy is phenomenal. Watch his qualy lap, he's something else, I've never seen anyone with such control on 2 wheels.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 10:52 (Ref:3921105)   #67
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Just watched MM in qualy, the guy is phenomenal. Watch his qualy lap, he's something else, I've never seen anyone with such control on 2 wheels.
Talk about on the ragged edge ! the fact that he was on slicks on a wet track makes it all more remarkable, even the commentators kept saying "he's got to fall off"
But that is Mark Marquez who very often does fall off when seeing how far he can push the envelope, even though he has already established pole position !

At the moment his brother Alex in Moto2 seems to have a new lease of life as well with pole and leading as I watch it
Old 4 Aug 2019, 20:05 (Ref:3921373)   #68
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well a walk over for the two Marquez brothers in Moto2 and MotoGP, Mark is another level ! A great shame for McPhee in Moto3, but it was his own making after pressing his pit speed limiter button at the start and getting hit from behind
Old 5 Aug 2019, 21:06 (Ref:3921586)   #69
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
[QUOTE=GORDON STREETER;3921373 A great shame for McPhee in Moto3, but it was his own making after pressing his pit speed limiter button at the start and getting hit from behind [/QUOTE]
Hadn't realized that's what happened with McPhee, such rookie error for someone with his experience. that on board of hime being hit was frightening. Best race of the weekend for me once again was the mad Moto3 scrap but as you say MM is just on another planet and thoroughly deserved his 50th win. Cal had a good race finishing 5th after a poor qualifying on a bike that is clearly a handful to ride.
The rumour mill grows with Lorenzo's absence, will he ever return? Such a gfted rider but he embarrasses himself.
Old 6 Aug 2019, 00:57 (Ref:3921601)   #70
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Well a walk over for the two Marquez brothers in Moto2 and MotoGP, Mark is another level ! A great shame for McPhee in Moto3, but it was his own making after pressing his pit speed limiter button at the start and getting hit from behind
Marquez had another of his epic "pickups" when he lost the front wheel whilst pushing toward the end of the race. Anybody else would have been off. Did not phase him in the least, just carried on pushing!

Last edited by wnut; 6 Aug 2019 at 01:03.
Old 6 Aug 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3921696)   #71
S griffin
Veteran

In my view we haven't seen a rider dominating this much for so long since Agostini. Marquez is on another planet. The only person who can stop him is himself it seems
Old 9 Aug 2019, 02:55 (Ref:3922018)   #72
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The rumour mill grows with Lorenzo's absence, will he ever return? Such a gfted rider but he embarrasses himself.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/08/09...de-to-lorenzo/

Maybe not at Honda
Old 9 Aug 2019, 16:02 (Ref:3922092)   #73
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
In my view we haven't seen a rider dominating this much for so long since Agostini. Marquez is on another planet. The only person who can stop him is himself it seems
Rossi crushed every rival in 2001-2005 and again in 2008.
Old 9 Aug 2019, 16:44 (Ref:3922104)   #74
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Rossi crushed every rival in 2001-2005 and again in 2008.

Yeah, but not to this level. And in 08, Lorenzo and Stoner were starting to threaten
Old 11 Aug 2019, 23:18 (Ref:3922353)   #75
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well what a terrific Austrian Moto GP ! All three races were exiting especially Dovi "mugging" Marquez on the last corner Good to see McPhee back at the front of the field after his last starting line incident and riding with an injury.