Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 20 Jan 2020, 00:04 (Ref:3952378)   #26
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Again, being much less steeped in motorcycles than cars, I thought I'd ask if anyone has any particular impressions from what we've seen of the Kymi Ring, and of course, the coming 2020 Finnish Motorcycle GP.
Unfortunately I don't know anything about it as it's a new circuit to me however
the venue was given a fairly muted reaction with Aprilia test rider Bradley Smith commenting:
“It was a different race-track to anything we’ve seen before. It worries me, certain aspects of the track … when you put a whole load of guys and try and race around there that’s my question mark. It’s not wide enough and a little bit too tight. If there was a mistake there are a few corners where you could easily run off one and join another track with certain chicanes

Ducati’s Michele Pirro was less positive, referring to it as ‘too slow and not spectacular enough’, while Sylvain Guintoli suggested it was a circuit we’d ‘grow to love’.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Jan 2020, 00:12 (Ref:3952381)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We’ll see what happens. Certainly we’ve only heard a few views. But it’s narrowness won’t help. I just hope the problems are ironed up. I can cope with a slow circuit. Let’s wait till the race happens
Old 20 Jan 2020, 11:14 (Ref:3952432)   #28
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
We’ll see what happens. Certainly we’ve only heard a few views. But it’s narrowness won’t help. I just hope the problems are ironed up. I can cope with a slow circuit. Let’s wait till the race happens
Presumably it's been homologated by the FIM ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Jan 2020, 16:12 (Ref:3952604)   #29
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It should have been, otherwise no point going there. However it sounds like there is room for improvement
Old 24 Jan 2020, 10:37 (Ref:3953094)   #30
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In this day and age, and with the number of tracks built in the last 10-15 years, how do you build a brand new track that's too narrow??? It's not rocket science......
Old 28 Jan 2020, 04:34 (Ref:3954137)   #31
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I don't think it is too narrow, not by the rules. Now, with all the corner combinations, Kymi Ring may "feel narrow", but I've no doubt it meets the 12-meter minimum, likely with a 15-meter-wide section around start/finish.

There are, however, a number of circuits in MotoGP that are, or I suspect are, more than 12 meters wide as a minimum. Sepang and Rio Hondo are listed as having a minimum width of 16 meters; compared to that, yeah, 12 meters might well feel narrow, but it meets the regulations.
Old 28 Jan 2020, 12:41 (Ref:3954184)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

It does need to meet regulations. It will feel different. As long as it's not too narrow to meet regulations it's fine, there's no problem

Sepang is wide because it's been around long enough and others are wider because they are built up to modern standard. No doubt Finland will feel narrower, but as we said if it meets regulations
Old 28 Jan 2020, 13:01 (Ref:3954187)   #33
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
But it’s narrowness won’t help. I just hope the problems are ironed up.
Quote:
As long as it's not too narrow to meet regulations it's fine, there's no problem
So does it have problems that need to be 'ironed up', or is there no problem?
Old 28 Jan 2020, 15:11 (Ref:3954208)   #34
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/122...874807814?s=20

NBC will air 3 races on delay, and NBCSN will air 5 races live and the rest on delay.

All races will be streamed live on MotoGP VideoPass.
Old 28 Jan 2020, 20:33 (Ref:3954281)   #35
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well the thing is that it will be the same for all the riders and no doubt the racing will go ahead. Whatever it will still be a "safe" track compared with the Isle of Man and the North West races !!!!
Old 28 Jan 2020, 22:03 (Ref:3954294)   #36
S griffin
Veteran

Riders cope with whatever they have. As you say it’s got more room than the IoM TT and NW200, otherwise they wouldn’t be going there. It has plenty of run off no doubt
Old 8 Feb 2020, 17:47 (Ref:3956454)   #37
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Sepang MotoGP tests
Quartararo, quickest for Petronas Yamaha on day one while still using a 2019 bike, made his debut on the 2020 Factory-Spec M1 on day one.
Pramac Ducati Racing's Jack Miller leads the way at 14:00 local time thanks to a best lap of day two.

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 8 Feb 2020 at 17:54.
Old 8 Feb 2020, 20:30 (Ref:3956465)   #38
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So Quartararo will win the championship in 2020, move to the works team, find he has no grip or rear tire life and he'll struggle. Meantime, Rossi on the Petronas romps to a 10th title before glorious retirement.

And then I woke up....
Old 9 Feb 2020, 09:43 (Ref:3956521)   #39
S griffin
Veteran

Yamaha have done the right thing signing Fabio for 2021. He is already looking a threat
Old 9 Feb 2020, 11:32 (Ref:3956543)   #40
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yamaha have done the right thing signing Fabio for 2021. He is already looking a threat
Not denying that, but I prefer "Graz"s answer.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 21:40 (Ref:3956671)   #41
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Sepang MotoGP test times - Sunday (5pm)
Interesting but I don't think you can read too much into these times, I would think that the number 1 is the main contender to get it done this year however you can never write off MM

Rider
Nat
Team
Time
Lap
=
Fabio Quartararo
FRA
Petronas Yamaha (YZR-M1)
1m 58.431s
17/57
=
Cal Crutchlow
GBR
LCR Honda (RC213V)
+0.019s
14/60
=
Alex Rins
SPA
Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)
+0.071s
13/42
=
Francesco Bagnaia
ITA
Pramac Ducati (GP20)
+0.110s
15/53
=
Valentino Rossi
ITA
Monster Yamaha (YZR-M1)
+0.175s
10/47
=
Danilo Petrucci
ITA
Ducati Team (GP20)
+0.179s
17/50
=
Pol Espargaro
SPA
Red Bull KTM (RC16)
+0.185s
7/34
=
Jack Miller
AUS
Pramac Ducati (GP20)
+0.263s
13/39
=
Aleix Espargaro
ITA
Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP)
+0.305s
5/43
=
Joan Mir
SPA
Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)
+0.333s
13/32
=
Miguel Oliveira
POR
Red Bull KTM Tech3 (RC16)
+0.341s
4/22
=
Marc Marquez
SPA
Repsol Honda (RC213V)
+0.407s
18/47
=
Franco Morbidelli
ITA
Petronas Yamaha (YZR-M1)
+0.428s
19/58
=
Andrea Dovizioso
ITA
Ducati Team (GP20)
+0.520s
23/51
=
Johann Zarco
FRA
Reale Avintia (GP19)
+0.611s
24/42
=
Alex Marquez
SPA
Repsol Honda (RC213V)*
+0.673s
20/49
=
Brad Binder
RSA
Red Bull KTM (RC16)*
+0.738s
16/45
=
Maverick Viñales
SPA
Monster Yamaha (YZR-M1)
+1.118s
30/76
=
Tito Rabat
SPA
Reale Avintia (GP19)
+1.266s
20/51
=
Jorge Lorenzo
SPA
Yamaha Test Rider (YZR-M1)
+1.410s
16/42
=
Bradley Smith
GBR
Aprilia Test Rider (RS-GP)
+1.467s
11/54
=
Iker Lecuona
SPA
Red Bull KTM Tech3 (RC16)*
+1.470s
12/23
=
Takaaki Nakagami
JPN
LCR Honda (RC213V)
+1.669s
31/41
=
Sylvain Guintoli
FRA
Suzuki Test Rider (GSX-RR)
+1.717s
9/27
=
Mika Kallio
FIN
Red Bull KTM (RC16)
+3.065s
19/43
=
Yamaha Test 1
Yamaha Test Rider (YZR-M1)
+5.243s
15/41
=
Takuya Tsuda
JPN
Suzuki Test Rider (GSX-RR)
+1.569s
10/16
Old 9 Feb 2020, 21:58 (Ref:3956674)   #42
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Click image for larger version

Name:	motogp2020-official-calendar-01.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	57268 I would think that there might possibly be a problem with the first couple depending how the Corona virus pans out ?
Old 22 Feb 2020, 17:43 (Ref:3959252)   #43
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Valentino Rossi believes his former MotoGP rivals Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo could both return to the grid in 2021.

Spaniards Pedrosa and Lorenzo both bowed out of the factory Honda outfit after the past two respective seasons, with the former taking up a test role at KTM and the latter doing likewise at Yamaha.

Lorenzo, a three-time champion with Yamaha, said he greatly enjoyed riding the M1 bike at Sepang, and admitted the likelihood of him returning to MotoGP competition had increased slightly.
Meanwhile, Pedrosa - two years older than Lorenzo at 34 - impressed by finishing just 0.090s behind pace-setter Fabio Quartararo on the second day of the Sepang test.
Old 23 Feb 2020, 09:09 (Ref:3959350)   #44
S griffin
Veteran

I think if Lorenzo were to come back, he needs his full motivation back. He looked too much a shadow of his former self in the past season. We'll see if the testing role provides that desire to come back

Pedrosa would probably want a bike that can win if he were to come back
Old 23 Feb 2020, 14:22 (Ref:3959394)   #45
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pedrosa is now older and probably even more fragile than he was.

Lorenzo has been too hot or cold for 2-3 years now. On his day brilliant.... just not enough days. On his not so good days he can be a liability.
Old 23 Feb 2020, 14:43 (Ref:3959395)   #46
S griffin
Veteran

Yeah Pedrosa could give Michael Owen a run for his money in terms of injury proneness. That’s been the main thing that has prevented him winning the world title he deserved
Old 23 Feb 2020, 21:49 (Ref:3959458)   #47
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Fabio Quartararo has gone fastest on Day 2 of the Qatar MotoGP test..... In fact three Yamahas in the top 4. (Quartararo, Vinales and Morbidelli with Rossi 9th)
Marc Marquez suffered a big crash.
Although still recovering from off-season shoulder surgery, Marquez was uninjured, according to his team, but the bike was badly damaged.

Quote:
“Today I had a crash at Turn 8 in the change of direction,” explained MM93

“I’m having to use my legs more with my shoulder still recovering and I pushed a bit too much and lost the front and wasn’t able to save it."
Hopefully Repsol Honda have plenty of spares in Qatar!
Old 2 Mar 2020, 10:16 (Ref:3960956)   #48
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Hopefully Repsol Honda have plenty of spares in Qatar!
Not to worry about that then! Looks like No Qatar or Thailand, at least for the moment. Looks like round 1 at COTA then, if things don't get worse before then (which is a big if).
Old 2 Mar 2020, 14:26 (Ref:3961017)   #49
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCWB View Post
Not to worry about that then! Looks like No Qatar or Thailand, at least for the moment. Looks like round 1 at COTA then, if things don't get worse before then (which is a big if).
It will. Maybe even scrap the whole season maybe, who knows at this point.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 18:49 (Ref:3961061)   #50
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Moto 2 and Moto 3 classes are still set to race at Qatar.