Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 21 Mar 2020, 09:23 (Ref:3965955)   #51
smithhehehaha
Racer

smithhehehaha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you think FIM and Dorna should delay all the races until June, like what Formula 1 is doing?
Old 22 Mar 2020, 08:12 (Ref:3966090)   #52
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
most probably will do so .. just waiting for the "dust" to settle.. they can make another announcement at a latter date

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Mar 2020, 11:27 (Ref:3966932)   #53
smithhehehaha
Racer

smithhehehaha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
most probably will do so .. just waiting for the "dust" to settle.. they can make another announcement at a latter date
Finally did it.
Old 9 Apr 2020, 19:54 (Ref:3969672)   #54
LW97
Rookie

LW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right now it doesn't look good that we will race at all.
Old 9 Apr 2020, 21:59 (Ref:3969684)   #55
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LW97 View Post
Right now it doesn't look good that we will race at all.
Yes a bit of a bummer, some of my mates had got tickets for the Spanish round in June and booked the flights, I have flights booked for next month and was going to spend a fair bit of time in our place and drive up to the MotoGP and meet up with them. However that's all gone out the window, I've booked 5 flights this year with EasyJet and I have no idea if I will get any money back as I booked them with a debit card, so no comeback like a credit card.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Apr 2020, 22:07 (Ref:3969685)   #56
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Yes a bit of a bummer, some of my mates had got tickets for the Spanish round in June and booked the flights, I have flights booked for next month and was going to spend a fair bit of time in our place and drive up to the MotoGP and meet up with them. However that's all gone out the window, I've booked 5 flights this year with EasyJet and I have no idea if I will get any money back as I booked them with a debit card, so no comeback like a credit card.
Gordon, have you looked into the possibility of a 'chargeback'?

Much less guarantee of getting your money back, but is possible in some cases.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 06:39 (Ref:3969711)   #57
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Of course there has been talk of double header meetings, but I know some people think while that works fine in WSBK, it just wouldn't quite be MotoGP
Old 10 Apr 2020, 12:01 (Ref:3969769)   #58
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Gordon, have you looked into the possibility of a 'chargeback'?

Much less guarantee of getting your money back, but is possible in some cases.
I think that they will only opt to give me the chance to change flights to a later date, however I already have flights booked at later dates anyway Hopefully something will get sorted. At the moment I am lucky that I am in the UK and live in the sticks with no one around me, if I was in Spain I would be very limited what I could do and would probably go "stir crazy" loosing at Scrabble with my other half who worked at a "Posh" Public school for the last 35 years
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 May 2020, 14:26 (Ref:3979171)   #59
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A bad day for any potential calendar, with the confirmation that both the British MotoGP and the Australian MotoGP are cancelled for 2020. Silverstone was scheduled for August 28-30. Australia was not due to run until October 23rd-25th, but the cancellation (Aus) has been made 'due to travel restrictions'. (Australia’s external borders are closed indefinitely.)

It is still being suggested the season might finally kick off for MotoGP with consecutive rounds at Jerez on July 19 and July 26.... IF the Spanish government approves Dorna’s proposal.
Old 29 May 2020, 19:00 (Ref:3979233)   #60
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Let’s hope we get some season started. Like F1 they are planning two races on the same circuit
Old 30 May 2020, 06:27 (Ref:3979260)   #61
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post

It is still being suggested the season might finally kick off for MotoGP with consecutive rounds at Jerez on July 19 and July 26.... IF the Spanish government approves Dorna’s proposal.
Hopefully, but both are sure to be 'closed door' events, without any fans and only essential paddock staff present. I was planning to go to this as we would have been in Spain at that time
Old 2 Jun 2020, 10:36 (Ref:3979773)   #62
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Silverstone are hosting two F1 races, but had to cancel their MotoGP round.......
one series have been able to get around the 14 day quarantine, but the other can't?

Yes, that sounds fair....but entirely predictable.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 18:44 (Ref:3988052)   #63
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moto Gp overload coming up with 4 events over the next 4 weeks will the Marquez steam roller continue or can we expect some serious challenges from the Ducatis and Yamahas? Maybe a curved ball from "Basher" Binder with KTM concentrating their efforts and how will Cal perform in his final year with Honda? All to play for, the first few sessions should give us some indication of who's gone rusty and which team's spent the downtime fruitfully. Really looking forward to seeing these guys back in action.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 19:40 (Ref:3988066)   #64
S griffin
Veteran

Look forward to it coming back, let’s see if anyone can stop Marquez in a depleted season.

Crutchlow is on his way out, so will be looking for something to prove
Old 13 Jul 2020, 19:56 (Ref:3988074)   #65
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Crutchlow is on his way out, so will be looking for something to prove
He's not on his way out, he's leaving the LCR Honda team and he has nothing tp prove, he just needs a decent bike.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 21:45 (Ref:3988105)   #66
S griffin
Veteran

That’s what I mean by on his way out. He will be wanting to prove he still has a place on the grid, but as you say, it’s tough with his bike not being the top Honda machinery
Old 14 Jul 2020, 16:48 (Ref:3988247)   #67
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That’s what I mean by on his way out. He will be wanting to prove he still has a place on the grid, but as you say, it’s tough with his bike not being the top Honda machinery
I wonder if they will get it sorted for a certain Alex Marquez when he goes to LCR next year ?
Old 16 Jul 2020, 04:38 (Ref:3988633)   #68
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I wonder if they will get it sorted for a certain Alex Marquez when he goes to LCR next year ?
I was wondering whether the official statement words "will move to LCR with full factory support" might mean he will get works machinery or preferences in some shape or form.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 20:05 (Ref:3988815)   #69
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I was wondering whether the official statement words "will move to LCR with full factory support" might mean he will get works machinery or preferences in some shape or form.
I'm pretty sure that he will
Old 17 Jul 2020, 14:50 (Ref:3989039)   #70
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
What could make it really exciting is the prospect of Cal racing alongside Jack Miller next year, he has unfinished business with Ducati.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 22:20 (Ref:3989612)   #71
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well I suppose the way he was going after "motocrossing" at over 100mph re-joining the circuit and getting back up to 3rd, he pushed his luck again (as he usually does) but unfortunately he really "duffed" himself up this time. Well done Quartararo for his first win.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (408).png
Views:	8
Size:	404.1 KB
ID:	63055
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSsASqBgtuQ

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 19 Jul 2020 at 22:33.
Old 20 Jul 2020, 03:20 (Ref:3989638)   #72
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Sad to see Marquez hurt, he certainly gathered it up and was the rider to watch the whole race until he overcooked it. So much talent! Hope he is well and back soon, broken humerus is not good ...

Great ride from Quartararo for his first win.

Did Rossi stack it? Just vanished from my radar.
Old 20 Jul 2020, 16:44 (Ref:3989805)   #73
S griffin
Veteran

Hope Marquez will be ok, we'll see if he can come back from this. No doubt he still has it, but he's not invincible. And the others are bound to catch up with him sooner or later.

Quartaro, let's see what he can do for the rest of the season. Rossi is just making up the numbers unfortunately, but his legacy will never go
Old 20 Jul 2020, 19:39 (Ref:3989822)   #74
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He really does not help himself at times.

he has enough experience now to stop this stupidity. crashed once during the weekend, almost crashed in the race, then with no real chance of getting the win he bins it yet again and basically takes himself out for the season.

I know people love him, but he is experienced and won enough titles now to stop being such a berk surely. All he had to do was wait, he was seconds a lap faster than Mav, was never going to catch Fabio, just wait for Gods sake .
Old 20 Jul 2020, 21:15 (Ref:3989841)   #75
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Lunacy it probably was but I was glued to watching his come back through the field, he really is astonishing to watch, if and when he quits Moto GP he could hone his scrambling skills in motocross or whatever it's called these days.