Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 21 Apr 2021, 08:33 (Ref:4047023)   #181
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While it was nice to see Bowman steal the win, the races at Richmond are a bit... bland, these days. I didn't even watch the race as it happened - I completely forgot about it. Or didn't care. Not sure.

Anyway, I won't miss the upcoming race. It's time for Talladega. Yes, there will be single file running and yes the ending will most likely be a complete eff-show as usual. But, still... it's 'Dega. It's the biggest oval on the schedule. It's a 200mph chess match where the tiniest mistake can turn 20 cars into mangled scrap piles in mere seconds.

I can't freakin' wait
Old 21 Apr 2021, 17:27 (Ref:4047139)   #182
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I will watch older stock cars, and some retiree named Bill, race around a road course instead. And Saturday see how many of them have rain tires with them
Old 25 Apr 2021, 19:22 (Ref:4047825)   #183
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not gonna lie, seeing Logano end up on his roof just made my weekend.
Old 26 Apr 2021, 18:56 (Ref:4047976)   #184
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Not gonna lie, seeing Logano end up on his roof just made my weekend.
I was paying so little attention it took a while to realise. Upset was I.

Get so used to him in yellow with red bits, never associated the orange!
Old 29 Apr 2021, 01:42 (Ref:4048378)   #185
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ummm, what???

The All-Star Race at Texas race format is as follows:

* The race will feature six rounds, totaling 100 laps.

* Starting lineup for Round 1 will be determined via random draw.

* Rounds 1 through 4 will be 15 laps each; Round 5 will be 30 laps; the Final Round will feature a 10-lap shootout.

* At the beginning of Round 2, the field will be inverted via random draw (minimum of eight/maximum of 12) live on FS1.

* The Round 2 random draw will also be seen live by fans attending the race on Big Hoss TV.

* Before the start of Round 3, the entire field will be inverted.

* At the beginning of Round 4, the field will be inverted via random draw (minimum of eight/maximum of 12).

* Starting positions for Round 5 will consist of the cumulative finish from Rounds 1-4. The lowest cumulative finisher starts on the pole, second-lowest starts second, and so forth. All cars must enter pit road for a mandatory four-tire pit stop during Round 5.

* The starting positions in the Final Round are set by finishing positions of Round 5.

* Only green flag laps will count in the NASCAR All-Star race.

* The fastest team on pit road during the mandatory pit stop will earn $100,000.

* The race winner will be awarded $1,000,000.

From a technical side, all elements of the car remain the same except for the tapered spacer which will be 57/64ths.

From Racer.com
Old 29 Apr 2021, 02:06 (Ref:4048380)   #186
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have an alternative format suggestion:

A race.
Old 29 Apr 2021, 08:37 (Ref:4048398)   #187
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I think it needs to be simpler again. No more stages or chases. Just simple racing with a simple championship and let them race hard but fair
Old 29 Apr 2021, 14:23 (Ref:4048473)   #188
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new lap record!FIRE is going for a new lap record!FIRE is going for a new lap record!FIRE is going for a new lap record!FIRE is going for a new lap record!FIRE is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Ummm, what???

The All-Star Race at Texas race format is as follows:

* The race will feature six rounds, totaling 100 laps.

* Starting lineup for Round 1 will be determined via random draw.

* Rounds 1 through 4 will be 15 laps each; Round 5 will be 30 laps; the Final Round will feature a 10-lap shootout.

* At the beginning of Round 2, the field will be inverted via random draw (minimum of eight/maximum of 12) live on FS1.

* The Round 2 random draw will also be seen live by fans attending the race on Big Hoss TV.

* Before the start of Round 3, the entire field will be inverted.

* At the beginning of Round 4, the field will be inverted via random draw (minimum of eight/maximum of 12).

* Starting positions for Round 5 will consist of the cumulative finish from Rounds 1-4. The lowest cumulative finisher starts on the pole, second-lowest starts second, and so forth. All cars must enter pit road for a mandatory four-tire pit stop during Round 5.

* The starting positions in the Final Round are set by finishing positions of Round 5.

* Only green flag laps will count in the NASCAR All-Star race.

* The fastest team on pit road during the mandatory pit stop will earn $100,000.

* The race winner will be awarded $1,000,000.

From a technical side, all elements of the car remain the same except for the tapered spacer which will be 57/64ths.

From Racer.com
Is this serious?
Old 29 Apr 2021, 18:13 (Ref:4048524)   #189
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yup, and what I can't tell it why are they advertising who gets to see the live draw? Really, cause we will see it as soon as they come around the track.

People have decided this will matter because million bucks on the line. I'll bet most every team with a chance to win it gets more than that selling the car livery for this race and others in the season. Cup ain't cheap and while a million isn't peanuts, it's only gonna be important for those guys who NEED it to stay on. Oh, and they cut the Open entries to only the winner, not top 4 so even fewer of the guys who really need the million. I'll bet there's more practice and thought on the 100k to the pit crew than million to the driver
Old 29 Apr 2021, 18:53 (Ref:4048539)   #190
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I have a way better idea than that ****.

Just put all the car numbers on ping pong balls, pop 'em in a goldfish bowl and pull one out.

Cuts all the nonsense and at least we'll understand who actually won.

Oh, and I wonder if Joey was simply getting some practice at being inverted at 'Dega, all part of a master plan to win the All Star?
Old 29 Apr 2021, 19:24 (Ref:4048542)   #191
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Now that I might watch, inverted Cup cars with driver strapped in upside down as well
Old 30 Apr 2021, 18:08 (Ref:4048786)   #192
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Not 2021 car, far from it, but good fun and nascar history

https://racer.com/2021/04/29/paul-go...-roarin-relic/
Old 30 Apr 2021, 19:30 (Ref:4048807)   #193
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I've been getting bombed with the F1 and Nascar race channel and the Cup race this weekend is the Buschy-McBuschrace?? WTF, Boaty McBoatface was funny once and great to poke everyone who wanted to be too serious, but that was years ago losers.

It was a Twitter vote and ALL 3 were miles better

https://twitter.com/BuschBeer/status...as-speedway%2F
Old 2 May 2021, 15:55 (Ref:4049212)   #194
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
I thought you were taking the Michael. Then I looked at the NASCAR website.

The right to bear guns seems a good one in my opinion. Bear down on marketeers with them... if only to shock them into not being so stoooopid.
Old 3 May 2021, 09:14 (Ref:4049353)   #195
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Someone needs to take away the spade NASCAR has before they dig themselves into oblivion