Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 19 Mar 2021, 18:15 (Ref:4041557)   #51
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the news with Alex Marquez ankle injury? Just reread this https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/...racture/363514 but wondering if there are any updates.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 23:38 (Ref:4041610)   #52
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I cant find any update on Alex but I did find this on his brother.

After finally getting the go-ahead from doctors to intensify his training, the Spaniard wasted no time in returning to the track for his first motorcycle laps since last July.

The Repsol Honda star initially tested his healing right arm on a minibike, then - after a brief trip to Qatar to receive the first Covid-19 vaccination - jumped straight to an RC213V-S at Barcelona on Tuesday.

The speed with which he switched from minibike to RC213V-S, the closest Marquez can get to a full MotoGP machine under the testing regulations, sent a clear signal that the eight-time world champion is mulling a return in at least one of the Qatar season openers, on March 26-28 and April 2-4.

Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Mar 2021, 09:29 (Ref:4042628)   #53
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post

The speed with which he switched from minibike to RC213V-S, the closest Marquez can get to a full MotoGP machine under the testing regulations, sent a clear signal that the eight-time world champion is mulling a return in at least one of the Qatar season openers, on March 26-28 and April 2-4.

Marquez now confirmed out (on medical advice) for at least the first two races..... Honda have also confirmed Bradl will race MM's bike in both those races..
Old 24 Mar 2021, 12:20 (Ref:4042665)   #54
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Marquez now confirmed out (on medical advice) for at least the first two races..... Honda have also confirmed Bradl will race MM's bike in both those races..
Yes I did see that E.B, it looks like it might be the Portuguese Grand Prix before he comes out. I would think that his domination of the races up to last year might be over ? A shame, but we have seen it happen several times with top riders over the years , the body can only take so much punishment
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Mar 2021, 03:07 (Ref:4042855)   #55
chrisklein90
Rookie

United States
Florida
chrisklein90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Even if he does come back, would he still have it in him? I will believe it when I see it
I agree, he needs to prove it before people in him again.
Old 25 Mar 2021, 15:24 (Ref:4042956)   #56
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He probably still has enough in him to be competitive, but can he still be a world beater? That will be the big question
Old 25 Mar 2021, 23:06 (Ref:4043033)   #57
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
He probably still has enough in him to be competitive, but can he still be a world beater? That will be the big question
I think the same regarding Rossi who sometimes shows a flash of brilliance, however he has taken his fair number of crashes and injuries that must have made him think of "do I need to do this". I would have though that the incident with the out of control bike that missed him by a fag paper back last year made him think ! as that could have easily killed or seriously injured him and he was mostly mid field all season.
Hopefully I am wrong and he might regain his mojo
Old 26 Mar 2021, 13:59 (Ref:4043107)   #58
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can KTM spring a surprise again this year? They have a very strong line up and after quitting the lesser categories they have piled their resources into getting to the top in MotoGP, let's face it they have great success behind them and a lot of determination. Btw, these bow ties look even more stupid this year, hate these aero add ons. Sad to see the Gresini boss leave us after a 2 month battle with Covid but personally I'm pleased to see Charlie Hiscott join the BT commentary team, hopefully he'll be poking the microphone and asking the usual impertinent questions!
Old 26 Mar 2021, 20:01 (Ref:4043168)   #59
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Well it seems from 1st practice in Qatar that KTM haven't quite got all their ducks in a row as yet. wishful thinking on my part!
Old 26 Mar 2021, 22:01 (Ref:4043178)   #60
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Well it seems from 1st practice in Qatar that KTM haven't quite got all their ducks in a row as yet. wishful thinking on my part!
Hmm 1 second off of Miller in combined times, I think we can only wait until tomorrow when they all get the information dialled in. However the whole field isn't exactly a mile apart. I hope it's pouring hard at home tomorrow as I should be out in the garden
Old 26 Mar 2021, 22:11 (Ref:4043182)   #61
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Yep, looks as if it could be tight which hopefully sets the scene for the season. As to gardening I'm afraid everything is on the back burner with me, I'm officially a couch potato this weekend. Lowes and McPhee look in good form as well, Jake Dixon was very quick given his wrist injury but he's clearly not going to stay the distance. Also I'm not normally a big F1 fan but will make an exception this weekend if time permits!
Old 27 Mar 2021, 16:14 (Ref:4043298)   #62
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Checked the TV listings and there’s no sign of MotoGP on Quest anymore....
Old 27 Mar 2021, 17:30 (Ref:4043309)   #63
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Checked the TV listings and there’s no sign of MotoGP on Quest anymore....
I have BT Sport and I only have it for MotoGP as I can also get it on my laptop in Spain . It is possible to get it on some of the "dodgy" channels but they are not too stable . I know you can get it on an Amazon Firestick as well.
Old 27 Mar 2021, 17:57 (Ref:4043317)   #64
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
225mph on 2 wheels in just insane!
Old 27 Mar 2021, 20:06 (Ref:4043330)   #65
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Well I don't think anyone predicted Miller's team mate beating him to the pole this weekend and with VR on the 2nd row and the all the Yams looking pretty quick we could have quite a battle up front tomorrow for the first race. My earlier hopes for KTM springing a surprise seems to be a bit of a damp squib although perhaps Aprilia's aspirations may well provide some interesting outcomes for later in the season:
https://the-race.com/motogp/aprilia-...om-mid-season/
Old 28 Mar 2021, 08:28 (Ref:4043369)   #66
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
225mph on 2 wheels in just insane!
Yeah noticed that.... new top speed record set for MotoGP of 225.18 mph (362.4 km/h) set by Johan Zarco. Crazy stuff indeed.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 09:34 (Ref:4043372)   #67
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
I wonder if they have a steering damper with a big knurled knob? memories.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 15:05 (Ref:4043426)   #68
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Probably built into the software now ?
Old 28 Mar 2021, 15:14 (Ref:4043433)   #69
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Probably built into the software now ?
I imagine so, I was being somewhat flippant as I only ever had 2 or 3 small BSA's but I remember some mates with road going Tritons and the like with steering dampers, 80mph on my bike was frightening!
Old 28 Mar 2021, 15:17 (Ref:4043434)   #70
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
I have BT Sport and I only have it for MotoGP as I can also get it on my laptop in Spain . It is possible to get it on some of the "dodgy" channels but they are not too stable . I know you can get it on an Amazon Firestick as well.
Just seen that they are showing highlights on ITV4, which seems to be a home of motorsport for Freeview peasants these days
Old 28 Mar 2021, 16:03 (Ref:4043477)   #71
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Just seen that they are showing highlights on ITV4, which seems to be a home of motorsport for Freeview peasants these days
Pretty sure ITV4 have shown highlights mid week for quite some time.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 22:14 (Ref:4043606)   #72
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Anyway all the races were really good and exiting. I won't talk about results just in case some of you want to wait for the highlights. Mind you it means don't go on line or turn any radio on for a day or so !
Years ago when we only had video recorders a mate of mine (RIP) used to work on a Sunday and would record the F1 races and watch them when he came home. We would often ring him when he got in and blurt out the winner ! Of course in our "yoof" we thought it was hilarious at the time . After a while he simply left the phone off the hook
Old 29 Mar 2021, 10:55 (Ref:4043691)   #73
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Pretty sure ITV4 have shown highlights mid week for quite some time.

Not since 2016 have they shown MotoGP highlights. In 2017-18 it was shown on C5 and for the last two years on Quest
Old 29 Mar 2021, 14:58 (Ref:4043728)   #74
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I keep the bad memory that if you'd turned it too much, the steering was frozen making a happy tail even in the straights… I dont think 360 kmh is insane, just make a happy and lucky rider. The 500's were another stuff.
Enjoyed the GP and still wonder how Vinales managed to keep the lead. When you see how Zarco and Bagnaia took over the poor Mir and his Suz' at the end…
Old 29 Mar 2021, 15:13 (Ref:4043734)   #75
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Enjoyed the GP and still wonder how Vinales managed to keep the lead. When you see how Zarco and Bagnaia took over the poor Mir and his Suz' at the end…
Mir actually could have beaten them if he hadn't sodded himself up by going wide on that last corner, consequently losing exit speed for the finish.
Of course us armchair MotoGP riders know better that them !