Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 5 May 2021, 22:42 (Ref:4049943)   #76
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
S Griffen, no he didn't but one theory was that drivers would ride the break on those turbo cars to keep it spooled up and he may given it too much. My theory is Cogan ran out of talent then and later.

Back to the Texas race, I'm glad to see we all agree that this was a bore of a weekend. I really hope they reconsider going back. It's either batshit crazy or a 200 mph parade. I don't care for either.
Bit drastic? Both races were intriguing in different ways. Sunday's defo had the more 'racing' but Saturday's was one of suspense and markers being laid down for the season and the future.
Old 5 May 2021, 23:03 (Ref:4049946)   #77
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Bit drastic? Both races were intriguing in different ways. Sunday's defo had the more 'racing' but Saturday's was one of suspense and markers being laid down for the season and the future.
Drastic? Nah. I've hated this square peg and round hole since the failed CART test and hate the continuation of attempting to make a good product from it, so I'll look for any reason to move on.

Intrigue is in the eye of the beholder and the race I watched was being drummed up for intrigue by the 3 talking heads in the booth. I wasn't buying.
Old 6 May 2021, 13:11 (Ref:4050043)   #78
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't see TMS as the square peg, it's produced some good races in the past. The issue with this year's event as with last year's, has been the PJ1 traction compound. It also didn't help that before the first race it had rained so drivers had a green track, as well as the PJ1 to contend with, hence the 200 mph parade. By Race 2, the track had rubbered in, which gave drivers a bit more leeway and we got to see some racing.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 6 May 2021 at 18:23.
Old 10 May 2021, 22:24 (Ref:4050946)   #79
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I have never seen that before, and that was truly bizarre! It almost looked like something broke in the suspension in the car just snapped sideways, but that would be a strange break before the race even starts while going straight.

I was told that one mid-field starting driver had to change his suit while the track was being cleaned up.