Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 18 Jan 2005, 20:39 (Ref:1204107)   #1
DonaldKerr
Rookie

DonaldKerr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Junior Rallycross Cars

So all of us who bought or built Junior Minis over the last few years are potentially sitting with a car that will have no value at the end of 2005.

Where's the stability? If a change is to be made then it should have been introduced over a period of three years rather than being foisted on competitors who do not want the change. That comment is both for the BRDA and the RSS organisers.

We are now in a situation where no one in their right mind would buy a car for the 2005 season knowing that they will not be able to sell it. Does that mean that there will be no new blood this year?

Who is behind the introduction of the Ford KA or RST (which one is it)? Is this a commercial company? Would new Juniors have to buy a car or can they be built to tight regs like the Minis? At least the Minis could be bought or built for a reasonable cost. OK, it's not a modern car but it's one of the major attractions at the BRC meetings; especially the Juniors. If it has to be a modern car then why the KA? I wonder if someone has a garage somewhere with a job lot of KAs or RSTs (Not a modern car - not a car).

I won't be able to make the BRDA AGM, nor do I intend to write a letter, but I do hope they take account of these pages and the views of the drivers/teams. If you only listen to what's said at the AGM then a large body of opinion will be being ignored.

We haven't decided what we're doing this year; after all, we've just got the dates ... pencilled in as only a few contracts have been issued. What's it to be: RSS, MDA Clubman Series, BRDA, BTRDA or is someone else planning another one?

Finally, to all the above bodies, keep the drivers informed! This seems to be the only place where we can get any information and I've no doubt there's a load of hearsay among the decent posts.

Last edited by DonaldKerr; 18 Jan 2005 at 20:48.
Old 18 Jan 2005, 20:50 (Ref:1204117)   #2
RoyG
Racer

RoyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldKerr
I won't be able to make the BRDA AGM, nor do I intend to write a letter.....
Donald -

Please DO write a letter - EVERYONE who has a strong opinion needs to make their feelings heard.