Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Feb 2012, 06:51 (Ref:3029747)   #1
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Bathurst 12 Hour 2012

The race is this weekend, how come there's no thread yet?
http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/
Preview
Entry list / info

Is anyone in the know about the schedule? The countdown on the website suggests the race should start at 04:15GMT, but the race-programme.pdf says 6:15 (local time??? that would be 19:15 GMT!)

The whole race will be streamed live. I really enjoyed the last year's race and I wouldn't want to miss this one.
Old 23 Feb 2012, 06:55 (Ref:3029748)   #2
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
anyone willing to bet against Phoenix?
Old 23 Feb 2012, 07:00 (Ref:3029749)   #3
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Theres a large thread on the race in the Australian Touring car sub forum.

Phoenix are my pick too but I'd love to see Ted Huglin's Gallardo win mainly because of Peter Kox and Cam McConville driving.

Hopefully will be as close as last year too.
Old 23 Feb 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3029785)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Theres a large thread on the race in the Australian Touring car sub forum.
Thread Here

Come one, come all... we Aussie Forum types don't bite...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 23 Feb 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3030090)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
anyone willing to bet against Phoenix?
I dont know, the Maranello Motorsport entry looks like it could well be strong enough, particularly with the driving line up they have. All depends on whether its a 2012 spec car or not too, but that entry looks like the most likely challenger to me.
Old 23 Feb 2012, 22:29 (Ref:3030106)   #6
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
BTW, the Audis are NOT 2012-spec ultras, but run in 2011-trim.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 03:48 (Ref:3030186)   #7
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R View Post
I dont know, the Maranello Motorsport entry looks like it could well be strong enough, particularly with the driving line up they have. All depends on whether its a 2012 spec car or not too, but that entry looks like the most likely challenger to me.
Hate to say it but Maranello Motorsport aint no AF Corse even with that driver lineup.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 04:45 (Ref:3030196)   #8
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Is anyone in the know about the schedule? The countdown on the website suggests the race should start at 04:15GMT, but the race-programme.pdf says 6:15 (local time??? that would be 19:15 GMT!)
Haven't seen this year's schedule but 0615 local time will be correct I'd expect, the site countdown may not adjust for other time zones.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 07:57 (Ref:3030226)   #9
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
start is 06.15 according to Programme I bought at circuit today :-)
most cars ran in practice, Merc looking strong, Lambos sounding best.
All set to be a great weekend...
Old 24 Feb 2012, 08:18 (Ref:3030233)   #10
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
¡sʎnb sʞuɐɥʇ

¿ɹǝpun uʍop ɹǝɥʇɐǝʍ ǝɥʇ s,ʍoɥ
Old 24 Feb 2012, 08:50 (Ref:3030247)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
¡sʎnb sʞuɐɥʇ

To quote one of our tourism ads, Beautiful one day.. perfect the next
Old 24 Feb 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3030309)   #12
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
¡sʎnb sʞuɐɥʇ

Am I the only one thats reading this upside down?
Old 24 Feb 2012, 19:20 (Ref:3030545)   #13
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Thread Here

Come one, come all... we Aussie Forum types don't bite...
And we non-Aussie Forum people don't bite either...
Old 24 Feb 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3030591)   #14
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Waaait a sec. Did I just hear a commentator trying to explain the stupid Duai24-like bracket-racing rules?
Old 24 Feb 2012, 21:36 (Ref:3030598)   #15
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Indeed, and as the Bathurst 12 hours is primarily a GT event shouldnt their thread really be moved over here? Same for the Australian GT championship thread there too. Just asking!
Old 24 Feb 2012, 22:08 (Ref:3030610)   #16
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Has anyone got a timing link?
Old 24 Feb 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3030612)   #17
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Link to streaming is here: http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/

How are people finding the stream. Not running that smooth for me it keeps stopping briefly every 30 seconds or so.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 22:26 (Ref:3030621)   #18
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Found the timing http://www.timing.bathurst12hour.com...ts.php?race=26
The stream often stops for buffering.

The mountain already claimed 2 cars, the Lambo looks repairable, but the HSV looks as though it has been rolled down the mountain. I didn't see the accident but it seem it went into the wall on the right at T10.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3030622)   #19
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shame to see that Lambo likely out before the race has even begun. Especially with Peter Kox not able to get behind the wheel.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3030623)   #20
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kox says the Lambo is pretty much done, the roof is all bent.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 22:29 (Ref:3030626)   #21
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

How are people finding the stream. Not running that smooth for me it keeps stopping briefly every 30 seconds or so.
Yeah the same for me, and I think everyone else too. Just looked at the thread on the Australian forum and they seem to be having similar problems.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 22:44 (Ref:3030637)   #22
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R View Post
Yeah the same for me, and I think everyone else too. Just looked at the thread on the Australian forum and they seem to be having similar problems.
Cool good to know where I stand and that it's not just me. In fairness I've watched a lot worse streams before. Seems to be running better now.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 23:14 (Ref:3030648)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
You say that now but later on....
Old 25 Feb 2012, 07:17 (Ref:3030759)   #24
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Found the timing http://www.timing.bathurst12hour.com...ts.php?race=26
The stream often stops for buffering.

The mountain already claimed 2 cars, the Lambo looks repairable, but the HSV looks as though it has been rolled down the mountain. I didn't see the accident but it seem it went into the wall on the right at T10.
The BOSS Holden was fixed and ran in final qually which finished about an hour ago; the white Exige also did a lap after repair, not sure it was 100% though? (I don't have final times or grid, sorry)
Old 25 Feb 2012, 11:45 (Ref:3030843)   #25
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peter Kox said during 1st Qualy the thing about the roof being bent. Not looking good.