Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Aug 2021, 17:09 (Ref:4067858)   #2001
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
has anyone bougth the LM race pack on FIA WEC site?
I just did it but no streaming of FP1 and no info if Q and hyperpole sessions will be available...
Yes, I got the same LM24 racepack I got last year.... no FP1 but I got Q with no probs and will be disappointed if Hyperpole isnt.
I watched P1 on a free stream on 'Twitch.tv'.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 17:23 (Ref:4067859)   #2002
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Any knowledge yet of a free youtube or some web site that will have somebody streaming on board for the whole race.
#63 C8.R will be via YouTube on GMs page.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 18:54 (Ref:4067878)   #2003
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I have the WEC commentary and rlm but actually quite enjoying Eurosport this year … seem miles better than normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19 Aug 2021, 18:59 (Ref:4067880)   #2004
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I confess I’ve not listened to them at all…
Old 19 Aug 2021, 19:16 (Ref:4067899)   #2005
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I confess I’ve not listened to them at all…
Give them a few minutes ... It a lot better than in previous years
Old 19 Aug 2021, 19:18 (Ref:4067902)   #2006
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not for me, LM isn’t LM without Hindy and co…..
Old 19 Aug 2021, 19:21 (Ref:4067904)   #2007
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
I have not found them as Good in recent years .. A little up themselves !
Old 19 Aug 2021, 19:22 (Ref:4067906)   #2008
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, a bit and a bit too commercially motivated, but I still enjoy listening to Jonny, Bruce and Joe in particular.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 19:53 (Ref:4067924)   #2009
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
For this session the WEC timing (both app and site, even in "expert mode") didn't have a best lap column. Only the last lap. WTF?

Also I find it annoying that the on-screen graphics use intervals instead of gaps. I found myself having to do a lot of math to figure out someone's gap from the leader. Especially unhelpful when it's the interval behind a car of a lower class which happens to be ahead.
Has it been this way all season?
Old 19 Aug 2021, 20:28 (Ref:4067935)   #2010
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#63 C8.R Corvette Racing

In-car camera for the race

https://youtu.be/eTCpf-T05YA
Old 19 Aug 2021, 23:41 (Ref:4067977)   #2011
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yup, they start to grate after a bit here lately but I get it, they need to fund the effort and Hindy loses his place often.

But the music and the updates? It's not the same without that. And yes, She Sells Sanctuary is on my Sirius favorites, every so often when it comes on everything feels right for a min.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 01:34 (Ref:4067996)   #2012
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
For this session the WEC timing (both app and site, even in "expert mode") didn't have a best lap column. Only the last lap. WTF?

Also I find it annoying that the on-screen graphics use intervals instead of gaps. I found myself having to do a lot of math to figure out someone's gap from the leader. Especially unhelpful when it's the interval behind a car of a lower class which happens to be ahead.
Has it been this way all season?
Not sure what is going on for you but I have had a best lap column the entire time on both the wec app on my phone and their website timing.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 06:58 (Ref:4068012)   #2013
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Mark Cole, Tom Gaymor, Chris (?!) and some guy i've never heard of hosting Eurosport yesterday.
Well, I say hosting but Gaymor (who I normally find ok) and the other younger sounding shouty chap (another Jacques/Nicholls clone hogged the mics!!
Old 20 Aug 2021, 07:22 (Ref:4068015)   #2014
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
My younger son (also at home this year) was watching Eurosport last night. He has no experience of the commentators there but asked me how he could get the RLM commentary instead.....
Old 20 Aug 2021, 11:26 (Ref:4068056)   #2015
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6R Racing Fan View Post
#63 C8.R Corvette Racing

In-car camera for the race

https://youtu.be/eTCpf-T05YA
Others:

Alpine: https://youtube.com/c/AlpineCars
Glickenhaus: https://youtube.com/c/MotulLubricants
Toyotas: https://toyotagazooracing.com/wec/sp...-onboard-live/
Old 20 Aug 2021, 21:34 (Ref:4068144)   #2016
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just checked out he Eurosport schedule on their streaming service. They have the following alternate streams:

Onboard #36
Onboard #8
Onboard #63
Onboard #92
Onboard #1
Onboard (car not mentioned)
Onboard #7
Data feed 4
Data feed 2
Data feed 3
Ariel Blimp
Data feed 1

(In the order the are listed)

Doesn’t say what the data feeds are (different pages of the timing screen?)
Old 21 Aug 2021, 00:45 (Ref:4068166)   #2017
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Onboard (car not mentioned)
It's a Cadillac. That's why they aren't announcing.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 06:42 (Ref:4068197)   #2018
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just deciding what stream to go before the race.

I've got a dodgy stream in lovely 1080p but can't vouch for its reliability over a whole 24 hours. (Sorry I will delete this if not appropriate)

So.. here in the UK the choice seems to be either the Eurosport player which has always been a reliable option and a good quality stream plus it allows me to watch a lot of the Olympics I missed.

Or the WEC stream where I personally think the commentary is much better. But what is the stream quality like i.e 720p, 1080i etc? If I buy the race pass on the Android app can I cast it in good quality? Can I watch it on other devices (tablet, PC etc)?
Old 21 Aug 2021, 07:08 (Ref:4068199)   #2019
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Eurosport also carry the WEC commentary ad free coverage.

The WEC app, you can watch on PC or tablet.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 07:33 (Ref:4068201)   #2020
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I cast it to my TV last year.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 09:15 (Ref:4068216)   #2021
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Has been the case the every session so far but lets just say that I won't be shocked if its Eurosport UK for the race...

That has happened in prior years.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 09:20 (Ref:4068217)   #2022
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Okay thanks that's useful to know. Would that be in the same high quality as the main stream do you know?
Old 21 Aug 2021, 09:30 (Ref:4068220)   #2023
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
Okay thanks that's useful to know. Would that be in the same high quality as the main stream do you know?
One feed, multiple audio tracks.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 09:36 (Ref:4068223)   #2024
crooky
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
One feed, multiple audio tracks.
That's good then. Think I'll wait until the race and make my decision. I'm sure when I've watched on the Eurosport Player in the past that only the Eurosport team audio has been available.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 09:38 (Ref:4068224)   #2025
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
... I won't be shocked if its Eurosport UK for the race...
...especially now that it is the case for the warmup already.