Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 13 Aug 2018, 21:15 (Ref:3843480)   #271
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
from what I understand persons cannot have a TBL but teams
so nothing to say one couldn't be obtained under "Pirtek Racing"
Old 13 Aug 2018, 21:26 (Ref:3843481)   #272
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
Now come on, Cammish still has 9 races to prove he deserves another chance....
Do we know if Cammish is bringing as much budget as Sheds did?

Though I think they have some Shedden sponsors on the car/helmets.
Old 13 Aug 2018, 21:53 (Ref:3843484)   #273
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
an entrants name isn’t actually a team.
to have a TBL they would have to be a proper working racing team
Old 14 Aug 2018, 05:29 (Ref:3843516)   #274
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
They now have Jordan Racing Team for their historic stuff and I imagine the Pirtek sponsorship is managed through that as well, so they would be OK on that front.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 14 Aug 2018, 14:20 (Ref:3843568)   #275
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
an entrants name isnít actually a team.
to have a TBL they would have to be a proper working racing team
Interestingly, Autosport's article on Matt Simpson states:

"He raced alongside Speedworks Motorsport in his maiden BTCC season in 2016 before allying himself with Team Dynamics for the '17 campaign, and owns the TOCA BTCC Licence (TBL) for his entry."

which implies HE owns his TBL not Simpson Racing and gets it aligned to teams
Old 14 Aug 2018, 14:21 (Ref:3843570)   #276
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Interestingly, Autosport's article on Matt Simpson states:

"He raced alongside Speedworks Motorsport in his maiden BTCC season in 2016 before allying himself with Team Dynamics for the '17 campaign, and owns the TOCA BTCC Licence (TBL) for his entry."

which implies HE owns his TBL not Simpson Racing and gets it aligned to teams
his team owns the licence. his team is an actual team and not just a sponsor team name like 'pirtek racing'.
Old 14 Aug 2018, 17:24 (Ref:3843613)   #277
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Autosport are running an article about JP the villain. With his blessing... he's up to something, he always has a motive when he opens his mouth. So is he after Alonso's seat? ��
Old 14 Aug 2018, 18:35 (Ref:3843630)   #278
Nononsensecapeesh
Racer

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Do we know if Cammish is bringing as much budget as Sheds did?

Though I think they have some Shedden sponsors on the car/helmets.
True, he must have some funds for Team Dynamics to take him on as well as talent, he describes his Rockingham meeting as "character-building". That's an understatement, his whole season's been a real test of character, really tough.
Old 14 Aug 2018, 20:47 (Ref:3843673)   #279
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
So Autosport are running an article about JP the villain. With his blessing... he's up to something, he always has a motive when he opens his mouth. So is he after Alonso's seat? ��
considering this social media silence up to Croft, yes he is up to something, without reading the article, id imagine this is him saying "im still here, look out next year"
All coinciding with his most competitive weekend for a while, out qualifying Ash and racing well, somethings given him some mojo
Old 15 Aug 2018, 08:18 (Ref:3843729)   #280
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
The thing is Plato, does nothing when his car is only good for 15th
Old 15 Aug 2018, 10:22 (Ref:3843742)   #281
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The thing is Plato, does nothing when his car is only good for 15th
He states the reasons for that on the Adrian Flux blog.
Old 15 Aug 2018, 12:43 (Ref:3843768)   #282
mark_l
Veteran

England
Staffordshire
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do wonder how safe the KERS type system will be in a BTCC car.

In F1 the systems are not subjected to the bash 'n' crash of touring car racing.

The F1 marshals have to wear insulating rubber gloves and have to look at the indication on the roll hoop to see if the system is safe. The F1 drivers can also jump clear of the car in the event of the problem with the system, a touring car driver won't be able to do that.

If the BTCC car hits the bare armco barrier and the system malfunctions then the whole length of the armco could become live.

I know KERS is relevant to car manufacturers but I believe introducing it to the BTCC is solving a problem that doesn't exist.
Old 15 Aug 2018, 13:05 (Ref:3843770)   #283
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Loughborough
Greem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
I do wonder how safe the KERS type system will be in a BTCC car.

In F1 the systems are not subjected to the bash 'n' crash of touring car racing.

The F1 marshals have to wear insulating rubber gloves and have to look at the indication on the roll hoop to see if the system is safe. The F1 drivers can also jump clear of the car in the event of the problem with the system, a touring car driver won't be able to do that.

If the BTCC car hits the bare armco barrier and the system malfunctions then the whole length of the armco could become live.

I know KERS is relevant to car manufacturers but I believe introducing it to the BTCC is solving a problem that doesn't exist.
One at a time: In F1, the stresses involved in crashes are likely to be much higher than in the BTCC due to the speeds involved. The cars themselves are designed to destroy themselves in order to remove as much energy as possible from the survival cell, ultimately the rear end of the car (PU included) can separate from the tub. The connectors for fluids and electrics are designed to safe/dry break.

In prototype racing, where KERS is also used, the drivers have similar challenges with exiting the tub but they manage it safely.

If a car was to contact an armco barrier, which is buried in the earth, with an HV cable from the KERS system then there's a direct path to ground for the energy from the batteries. More than likely they'd discharge so fast that their fuses would burn out, leaving nothing live.

Mr Gow has already stated that they're not solving a problem at all; they're making the cars more relevant to both the manufacturers and the road-going public, and that it'll be used as a "push-to-pass" system.

So far as I can tell from the news articles, it's going to be a small pre-pack system which regenerates from and is likely to drive the non-driven wheels as a boost to the existing drivetrain. I think it'll be fun, personally.
Old 15 Aug 2018, 13:14 (Ref:3843773)   #284
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I personally don't want to see a push to pass system.
Old 15 Aug 2018, 13:21 (Ref:3843775)   #285
Evantra
Racer

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I personally don't want to see a push to pass system.
Me neither. Unnecessary.