Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Closed Thread

Old 6 Aug 2006, 03:36 (Ref:1674557)   #26
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heh... oops.

Looks like my first attempt at being a big newsbreaker has failed miserably.
Quoted from the forum from the original poster:
"Then I look at my xanga, as it allows me to see what page people are coming from just before they access it, and I notice most of them are coming from two forums. I was able to access one and found you seem to think I'm Uwe Alzen, which got me laughing hard because not only am I not Uwe, I'm not even particularly fond of Uwe! hahaha. So I'm not sure how you thought this possible (I doubt Uwe would post an online blog in English, and I did mention I didn't have much experience, which I believe Uwe does...), but I am very sorry for the confusion and now feel bad like I have let you down somehow. Rest assured, I think I'll be just as if not even more interesting to keep track of then Mr. Alzen... "

So, err, false alarm-oops.
We may still be welcoming a new driver, at least
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 23 Aug 2006, 07:18 (Ref:1689319)   #27
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Tracy Krohn looks to return to ALMS with 2 Aston Martins next year.

source: http://murphythebear.com/blog/2006/0...evere-in-2007/
Old 23 Aug 2006, 15:18 (Ref:1689690)   #28
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Kool , i presume we will get one very quick car outta that and one steady car . Great news ..... now a couple of Saleen's would go down very well indeed . Its starting to shape up good
Old 23 Aug 2006, 15:27 (Ref:1689700)   #29
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Bear also said that Zytek's late season appearance is in doubt along with Creation. Big surprise there...not.
Old 24 Aug 2006, 19:02 (Ref:1690934)   #30
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
The bear also said that there may be "no" customer Spyder RS's next year and that Penske may run Le Mans .

I thought the whole deal was to build customer chassis ?
Old 24 Aug 2006, 19:10 (Ref:1690939)   #31
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
The bear also said that there may be "no" customer Spyder RS's next year and that Penske may run Le Mans .

Yes but if you read the whole Bear story it's clear why they maybe postpone customer chassis.

Last edited by FIRE; 24 Aug 2006 at 19:12.
Old 24 Aug 2006, 19:50 (Ref:1690981)   #32
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger

Where does the Bear say that Penske may run Le Mans?
I missed that part!

http://murphythebear.com/blog/
Old 24 Aug 2006, 20:36 (Ref:1691025)   #33
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Murphy hears that you shouldn’t expect to see any privateers on racing grids in 2007. There is a possibility that a privateer may appear after Le Mans, but that seems remote. Meanwhile, the Penske program will continue in the coming season.
Penske will run the development project next year to solve the reliability issues. "Privateer may appear after Le Mans" suggest Porsche/Penske will do Le Mans and if all goes well (so no big problems anymore), then the car is ready for customers
Old 24 Aug 2006, 21:38 (Ref:1691072)   #34
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK
Where does the Bear say that Penske may run Le Mans?
I missed that part!

http://murphythebear.com/blog/
He didnt . Sorry TWK ..... that is a heading from Mariantic , and not Murphy .
Old 24 Aug 2006, 23:03 (Ref:1691115)   #35
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Penske will run the development project next year to solve the reliability issues. "Privateer may appear after Le Mans" suggest Porsche/Penske will do Le Mans and if all goes well (so no big problems anymore), then the car is ready for customers
Ah, so that's your interpretation of Murphy's remarks!
Old 26 Aug 2006, 01:21 (Ref:1691843)   #36
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroehl
For 2007 BMW will not be with PTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Quote:
For 2007 it is rumoured, but not yet confirmed that BMW will not be with PTG
Fixed that for you, though given the source, it seems likely.
Quote:
For 2007 it is rumoured, but not yet confirmed that PTG will not be with BMW.
Fixed the fix for you...
Old 31 Aug 2006, 10:09 (Ref:1698348)   #37
The Badger
Veteran

Mariantic are reporting that the first teat for the Lola Acura went well at Arizona Firebird Raceway . 250 laps down to 47.26 with Fernandez doing the driving .
Do we have any other testing times from that track ?

Also that Courage may be supplying 3 LC70 chassis to an as yet unnamed team ..... wow !
Old 29 Sep 2006, 17:40 (Ref:1723232)   #38
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2007 ALMS Schedule:

March 17, Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, SPEED
March 31, St. Petersburg, SPEED
April 14, Long Beach, SPEED
April 21, Houston, CBS Sports
May 19, Salt Lake City, CBS Sports
July 7, Lime Rock Park, CBS Sports
July 21, Mid-Ohio, CBS Sports
August 11, Road America, NBC Sports
August 26, Mosport, SPEED
September 1, Detroit, SPEED
October 6, Road Atlanta/Petit Le Mans, SPEED
October 20, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, SPEED
Old 1 Oct 2006, 12:12 (Ref:1724352)   #39
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Lowe's Fernandez Racing announces drivers and unveils car:

Quote:
A month after completing an extremely successful shakedown test of its No. 15 Lowe's Acura-powered Lola, Lowe's Fernandez Racing today announced the finishing touches to its 2007 American Le Mans Series campaign.

On-site for the ninth annual running of the Petit Le Mans powered by Mazda CX-7 at Road Atlanta, owner/driver Adrian Fernandez today confirmed that he will be joined behind the wheel of the team's LMP2 prototype by sports car driving talent and 2006 championship winner Luis Diaz in Lowe's Fernandez Racing's inaugural season of Series competition.

"I am thrilled to announce today that Luis and I will be teammates in the American Le Mans Series next season," Fernandez said. "We tried to put a program together a few years ago where Luis and I would compete together, so this has always been in the back of our minds. With the great partners we have in Lowe's and Acura, adding Luis completes the extremely strong package we now have in place to enter our first season of American Le Mans Series competition. Luis is a good friend and I have a lot of respect for his talent and passion in racing. I am really excited for next season."
Full article:
http://www.americanlemans.com/news/Article.aspx?ID=2595

Photos:
http://www.americanlemans.com/News/N...578_Image2.JPG
http://www.americanlemans.com/News/N...578_Image1.JPG
http://www.americanlemans.com/News/N...171_Image3.JPG

Nice livery.

Last edited by FIRE; 1 Oct 2006 at 12:16.
Old 1 Oct 2006, 14:09 (Ref:1724443)   #40
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
D'oh! They've got the USA flag on backwards there. On vehicles the stars are supposed to be pointing toward the front of the vehicle, as if the painted flag were an actual cloth flag "flying in the breeze" created by the motion of the vehicle. On the right side, therefore, the stars should be to the right. Okay, that might not be universal, but that rule's part of some US flag displaying code. Penske got it right.
Old 1 Oct 2006, 15:34 (Ref:1724490)   #41
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What? No Portland? Damn.

keke
Old 1 Oct 2006, 16:54 (Ref:1724537)   #42
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danske
D'oh! They've got the USA flag on backwards there. On vehicles the stars are supposed to be pointing toward the front of the vehicle, as if the painted flag were an actual cloth flag "flying in the breeze" created by the motion of the vehicle. On the right side, therefore, the stars should be to the right. Okay, that might not be universal, but that rule's part of some US flag displaying code. Penske got it right.
I thought the flag was supposed to fly with the stars nearest the heart so as the flag is infront of the drivers seated postition that makes the stars near to him.. I maybe wrong but thats how I understood it
Old 1 Oct 2006, 18:17 (Ref:1724602)   #43
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I believe the flag should always be displayed the manner in which it would fly on a 3D flag blowin in the wind so stars forward always. the risi ferraris have the flag the wrong way around as well, but if you arent american im not gonna protest, i dont know foreign rules so why should i expect you to know ours just to come here? on to next years questions, will the hybrids(rule-wise) be alms legal again next year? and will hybrids(gas-electric or regen braking) be legal, not sure if they are banned or just not used. remember hearin somethin about panoz maybe havin used one before. and i love the new entries, 2 beautiful chassis in the acura/courages and the exceptional radical, cant wait for the coupe too.

Last edited by broadrun96; 1 Oct 2006 at 18:22.
Old 1 Oct 2006, 19:50 (Ref:1724649)   #44
The Badger
Veteran

Im delighted to see the Mexican flag on the Fernandez Racing car , adds a little more international flavour to the series .
Old 2 Oct 2006, 12:27 (Ref:1725238)   #45
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Mejicano team will certainly be a serious challenger, I guess Andretti and them will both be a big challenge for Penske (and Intersport)
Old 2 Oct 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1725301)   #46
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Fernandez Lola is a B05/40 or is it already updated to B07/...?
Old 12 Oct 2006, 12:57 (Ref:1736184)   #47
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just read on DSC that Penske have confirmed a full season again in the ALMS. No Le Mans.

Full Penske details here.

Last edited by Bentley03; 12 Oct 2006 at 13:05.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 14:16 (Ref:1736251)   #48
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
The Fernandez Lola is a B05/40 or is it already updated to B07/...?
It´s not the new / updated version, it´s the "regular" B05/40.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1736572)   #49
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks. But there is a way to update, isnt it?
Old 12 Oct 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1736577)   #50
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
Thanks. But there is a way to update, isnt it?
The B07/40 is indeed an update kit. When the program was first suggested to me, I was told they'd have the B07/40 variant.
Closed Thread