Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 5 Jul 2008, 21:01 (Ref:2244780)   #1
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica

Is there any truth to the rumour that the 'Princess" aka 'Stomping Danica' damaged the pit lane with her stomping after qualifying 14th? !!!!!!!!
Old 5 Jul 2008, 21:26 (Ref:2244784)   #2
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lame title for a thread dude.
Old 5 Jul 2008, 21:38 (Ref:2244791)   #3
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada

I'm tired. Sorry. It is attracting quite a few views though and this forum has been less than active.
Old 5 Jul 2008, 22:10 (Ref:2244802)   #4
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighton Irwin
I'm tired. Sorry. It is attracting quite a few views though and this forum has been less than active.
Actually - you're right. But for some reason, that makes me sad.
Old 5 Jul 2008, 23:01 (Ref:2244822)   #5
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love your form Leighton

Here we go again.

Someone should introduce her to Flax Seed Oil

Quote:
Stress: Omega-3 fatty acids are the precursors for the Series 3 prostaglandin's, which regulate immune function and are responsible for reversing the body's physiological response to stress. Some clinical studies have indicated a sense of calmness in response to Omega-3 '5.
http://www.nzhealth.net.nz/products/flaxseedoil.shtml

My wife calls it her "anti grumpy pills"

Alright back to the racing
Old 6 Jul 2008, 18:38 (Ref:2245670)   #6
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Video?

Jim
Old 6 Jul 2008, 21:08 (Ref:2245761)   #7
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like she just stomped the gas a bit too hard in pitlane and took the 'Target' on the Gannasi boys literally.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 7 Jul 2008, 00:23 (Ref:2245901)   #8
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada

She is as dangerous in the pits as Milka is on the track.
She has crashed coming to the pits, leaving the pits and in the pits. She hit a crewman at Indy this year which was barely mentioned. It was close to being very serious today. I think the Ganassi crewman should have planted her nose cone on her head.
Old 7 Jul 2008, 11:04 (Ref:2246211)   #9
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica really needs to work on this quite badly and I'm suprised Barnhardt hasn't had a quiet word in Mi Andretti's ear about it (well maybe he has but I haven't noticed an improvement)
Old 7 Jul 2008, 17:38 (Ref:2246520)   #10
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighton Irwin
She is as dangerous in the pits as Milka is on the track.
She has crashed coming to the pits, leaving the pits and in the pits. She hit a crewman at Indy this year which was barely mentioned. It was close to being very serious today. I think the Ganassi crewman should have planted her nose cone on her head.
The accident at Indy is barely mentioned due to the fact that it wasn't Danicas fault. As to yesterdays debacle, I really think the Ganassi crew wanted to put her wing somewhere else than on her front tires. I really wish I could have heard what they were saying to her. Well, she can't blame anyone else on this one, can she?
Old 7 Jul 2008, 18:26 (Ref:2246550)   #11
KSR88
Rookie

United States
California
KSR88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil22
The accident at Indy is barely mentioned due to the fact that it wasn't Danicas fault. As to yesterdays debacle, I really think the Ganassi crew wanted to put her wing somewhere else than on her front tires. I really wish I could have heard what they were saying to her. Well, she can't blame anyone else on this one, can she?
Which one at Indy? The one where she broke the guys leg coming in? Or when Briscoe pulled out in front of her? Her car has multiple pedals--she chose to race someone pulling out in front instead of yielding--Briscoe's fault but she also could have yielded.
Last year she tangled with her teammate in the pits.
She has a pretty strong history of F'ing up on pit lane and that is a fact.
Old 7 Jul 2008, 18:47 (Ref:2246570)   #12
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
She's a hot head and a loose cannon. I missed this weekends extravaganza but it doesn't surprise me. Expect it to get worse.
Old 7 Jul 2008, 18:59 (Ref:2246581)   #13
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Lame title for a thread dude.
Ok how about:

Pitlane Princess
Old 7 Jul 2008, 22:42 (Ref:2246748)   #14
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil22
Well, she can't blame anyone else on this one, can she?
Yep, no more to blame than say ...... Scott's little mishap and taking out Briscoe.

The diffrence being Scott put his hand up for it, called himself stupid (or words to that effect) for doing so and appoligised to Ryan on air and I'm sure he would have face to face also.

There lies the Pitlane Princess problem ...... It's never my fault.

TWRv12 - love the new title

Last edited by NAC; 7 Jul 2008 at 22:46.
Old 7 Jul 2008, 23:46 (Ref:2246780)   #15
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada

It was a steering problem

The loose nut behind the wheel!
Old 8 Jul 2008, 00:11 (Ref:2246791)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'm not sure what the discussion here is about because seen plenty of drivers go nose first into to someone else's pitbox while leaving their own.

now wait, i haven't....smoooooth move.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 03:41 (Ref:2246839)   #17
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe people would take her seriously if she was blonde.

Now I have seen it all, she just doesn't stop or learn does she. Maybe she could sell the naming rights to all her temper tantrums, dummy spits, accidents and stuff ups. Something like Tampax presents Danica's Dummy Spits and Spills !!
Old 8 Jul 2008, 15:18 (Ref:2247218)   #18
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She is a hazard to everyone on the track, including the pit crews. I would love to hear what her excuse was for this latest dangerous error. Probably busy whining on the radio about something else that wasn't her fault. When are people going to realise that she is a hack and needs to hang it up? Idiot.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 15:25 (Ref:2247227)   #19
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL

Sorry, she gets me so irritated that I begin double posting!
Old 8 Jul 2008, 19:32 (Ref:2247413)   #20
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
She really does seem to have a serious problem with pitlanes. Out on the track she is perfectly passable (no merits, mind), but in the pits...well, she is the pits.

I suspect that it won't ever improve. I think she has some clear limititations, and the pitlane is certainly one of them.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 19:50 (Ref:2247436)   #21
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
You'll all be glad when she goes off to F1 then......
Old 8 Jul 2008, 21:19 (Ref:2247523)   #22
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcat
She is a hazard to everyone on the track, including the pit crews. I would love to hear what her excuse was for this latest dangerous error. Probably busy whining on the radio about something else that wasn't her fault. When are people going to realise that she is a hack and needs to hang it up? Idiot.
Now that is just a bit harsh there mattcat. Although I dont like her off track antics and makes a fair share of mistakes on track (as does the rest of them) she is still better than some others on track. She is 7th in the points afterall.

Man I cant believe I just defended her

Last edited by NAC; 8 Jul 2008 at 21:22.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 22:23 (Ref:2247581)   #23
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
Man I cant believe I just defended her
You'll be forgiven this time.....

It's obvious that she has problems in stopping and starting. Anyway, if you had budget and a seat with Andretti Green racing, you too would be in the top 10. Since making the step up to the main game as such, she has been using her cubic looks to generate cubic dollars to make up for lack of cubic talent!!
Old 8 Jul 2008, 22:40 (Ref:2247587)   #24
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur
You'll be forgiven this time.....
But dont do it again ....... right
Old 9 Jul 2008, 13:04 (Ref:2247955)   #25
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
Now that is just a bit harsh there mattcat. Although I dont like her off track antics and makes a fair share of mistakes on track (as does the rest of them) she is still better than some others on track. She is 7th in the points afterall.
Perhaps the wording was harsh, but it frustrates me when there is a perfectly good seat at AGR that could be a championship contender and it is being wasted for the sake of "bringing media attention to the sport". I have no doubt that there are plenty of drivers currently in the field that would be able hands for that car. Or what about Paul Tracy? He needs a ride, and is a huge boost of interest to the series.

Danica's pit lane errors have caused injuries already this year, and almost did again this past weekend. Do the announcers point out that she is having trouble in pit lane? Not that I recall. If, oh say, Tony Kanaan had made such errors, it would be talked about. Kanaan would be interviewed about it. Andretti would be questioned about it. The announcers would discuss it during the pre-race show. Danica does it and it's no big deal. How long must we hear of her great talent without seeing it?

As Denosaur stated, pretty much anyone in that seat would be in the top 10 in points; A truly talented driver would be in championship contention.