Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 9 Jul 2008, 14:07 (Ref:2247982)   #26
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For what it's worth, she called it a stupid mistake on her part. The original story had a suggestion from an unnamed CGR crewman saying maybe she spun on the painted lines - but she didn't grasp at that as an excuse.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 9 Jul 2008, 16:49 (Ref:2248083)   #27
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender
You'll all be glad when she goes off to F1 then......
I just noticed that comment.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 17:50 (Ref:2248125)   #28
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Took me a few days to get to watch the Indy car coverage, and I'm really surprised the Ganassi guys didn't plant that wing through the wheels; did like them setting it across the wheels so she couldn't dive away on her own though. No one can defend her efforts there as anything but being way too aggressive for pit lane. She lit the tires up on her earlier stop as well, wasn't the only one who did but the only one o the "big" teams. I was actually surprised the IRL guys let her back out after that, I'm sure if she was one of the rookies they may have pushed the car behind the wall.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 20:11 (Ref:2248207)   #29
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
I was actually surprised the IRL guys let her back out after that, I'm sure if she was one of the rookies they may have pushed the car behind the wall.
She should have got the Marty Roth treatment!!!
Old 9 Jul 2008, 20:22 (Ref:2248214)   #30
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
For what it's worth, she called it a stupid mistake on her part. The original story had a suggestion from an unnamed CGR crewman saying maybe she spun on the painted lines - but she didn't grasp at that as an excuse.
That's fantastic news thanks Paul, sorry I did not see that moment. Anyone seen a you tube link of that??

Her personal credibility in my books just went up 3% for owning that. Total now stands at 9%
Old 10 Jul 2008, 19:12 (Ref:2248806)   #31
KSR88
Rookie

United States
California
KSR88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
That's fantastic news thanks Paul, sorry I did not see that moment. Anyone seen a you tube link of that??

Her personal credibility in my books just went up 3% for owning that. Total now stands at 9%
Exactly ---and 5% of that she earned for the Sports Illustrated bathing suit issue--Right?
Old 11 Jul 2008, 18:14 (Ref:2249335)   #32
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The way the Indy Star reported it, Danica did acknowledge the mistake, apopogized to the Dixon crew, but she was the one who said this lit the tires on the paint stripe....

Tony Kanaan's comment was "The paint stripe has been there all weekend..." Meaning she knew it was there and should've been aware of it.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 11 Jul 2008, 22:53 (Ref:2249475)   #33
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"The paint stripe has been there all weekend..."

Classic

Quote:
but she was the one who said this lit the tires on the paint stripe....
I suppose it's all down to one's interpretation now, was she blaming the paint or was she just stating where she made her mistake? (the diffrence being ownership)
Old 12 Jul 2008, 08:10 (Ref:2249577)   #34
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that's an explanation, not an excuse.
Old 12 Jul 2008, 08:29 (Ref:2249583)   #35
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
That depends how it was said. I did not hear it. Anyone else??
Old 18 Jul 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2253493)   #36
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Pit lane taking another beating from 'Stomping Danica'. 1st practice and she is 13th and slowest AGR car with Kanaan the fastest in this session.
Old 18 Jul 2008, 20:59 (Ref:2253584)   #37
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Now 8th after 2nd practice. Maybe Tap Dancing now?
Old 20 Jul 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2254782)   #38
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Ohhh this is classic

Duno vs Patrick

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...ctid1676371890
Old 20 Jul 2008, 21:15 (Ref:2254832)   #39
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada

I have very little use for Danica but will admit she is a reasonable driver. Her complaint with Milka was justified but her usual ill tempered reaction was not. She was lucky all she got was a towel in the face and not a latin fist.
Milka was her usual incompetent self in the race and the 'Princess' sure didn't shine. She finished as high as she did through attrition not driving.
Old 20 Jul 2008, 22:57 (Ref:2254899)   #40
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Methinks Milka's lack of talent and the probable reaction she gets from the other drivers is starting to get to her. Her reaction to DP was a bit over the top IMO. Danica's pitlane theatrics are getting a bit old however. If she has a problem maybe she should talk to the race stewards.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 21 Jul 2008, 12:02 (Ref:2255241)   #41
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighton Irwin
I have very little use for Danica but will admit she is a reasonable driver. Her complaint with Milka was justified but her usual ill tempered reaction was not. She was lucky all she got was a towel in the face and not a latin fist.
Milka was her usual incompetent self in the race and the 'Princess' sure didn't shine. She finished as high as she did through attrition not driving.
Seriously? It was practice. Who cares? So you get held up for a lap or two in practice, so what? She's such a spoiled little brat. "I'll just go tell Brian Barnhart." Really? Hopefully, BB told DP to grow up. She acts like a four year old child.
Old 21 Jul 2008, 12:53 (Ref:2255274)   #42
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada

I concur about it just being practice. It was just typical of the 'Princess'. Heck I was blocked worse than that in races and the most I did was give the other driver the finger when I did get by. Interesting that there were cameras that just happened to be there for the confrontation. Mind you with all the hype that 'Stompin' Danica' gets I suppose every time she stomps towards another pit with her petulant expression every news crew within shouting distance will follow her.
Old 21 Jul 2008, 12:57 (Ref:2255279)   #43
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see her in F1. She'd be humiliated, which is just what the little madam needs...I'm glad the other driver's respect for her is similar to mine: nil!
Old 21 Jul 2008, 15:58 (Ref:2255351)   #44
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Old 21 Jul 2008, 19:43 (Ref:2255450)   #45
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eh, that scuffle is no different that what we've seen in NASCAR, F1, CART, your local dirt track, etc.
Old 21 Jul 2008, 19:47 (Ref:2255454)   #46
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Not so much a fight as just a couple of slappers................
Old 22 Jul 2008, 14:05 (Ref:2255928)   #47
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who needs women in racing cars, they don't even know how to have a proper fight . Both of them looked like they had gone straight off to do their makeup after getting out of the car and it really was a bit of handbags at 5 paces .
Old 22 Jul 2008, 14:12 (Ref:2255931)   #48
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here she is being petulant in Formula Ford in 2000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esfvb...eature=related