Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 4 Oct 2008, 13:26 (Ref:2304003)   #1
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zandvoort - race weekend

Qualifying is just about to get going; looks like a maximum of 17 on the grid for the races this weekend.

Video streaming is here and appears to be available to all countries
Old 4 Oct 2008, 13:49 (Ref:2304010)   #2
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good qualkity video stream, and love the live timing graphics, yet another two things that A1GP has got right

Portugal seem to still be building their car in the pits. The cars on track look great.

Last edited by Kiwi3; 4 Oct 2008 at 13:55.
Old 4 Oct 2008, 14:04 (Ref:2304015)   #3
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks, cos, the streaming works fine, but I have live TV thanks to Sky Sports. Do you have a link to live timing, please?
Old 4 Oct 2008, 14:13 (Ref:2304018)   #4
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://a1gp.alkamelsystems.com/LiveTiming.html
Old 4 Oct 2008, 14:18 (Ref:2304021)   #5
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3
Thanks. I see what you mean about the graphics, they're excellent.
Old 4 Oct 2008, 14:22 (Ref:2304023)   #6
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bloody hell, that recovery vehicle going across a hot track to the Indonesia car was a bit hairy!
Old 4 Oct 2008, 14:27 (Ref:2304026)   #7
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Portugal working frantically to get the car ready, no sign of China or Brazil either.

Hwang looks like the new Nur Ali.
Old 4 Oct 2008, 14:52 (Ref:2304037)   #8
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Thanks. I see what you mean about the graphics, they're excellent.
Well, they were good, but then they froze for about 24 minutes. Came back just in time for the end of the session.

Fine effort by Earl Bamber, also Jeroen Bleekemolen, but that was expected.
Old 4 Oct 2008, 14:53 (Ref:2304038)   #9
MCWB
Veteran

Quote:
Portugal working frantically to get the car ready, no sign of China or Brazil either.

Hwang looks like the new Nur Ali.
Mmm, the whole circus is looking a bit amateur at the moment isn't it! Hope the races this weekend are as good as can be hoped, then everyone gets their cars and we get some improvement.
Old 4 Oct 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2304048)   #10
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
According to Daniel Morad when being interviewed it should be wet all day tomorrow so that will make it interesting.

Morad also showed the toughness of these cars when I got some air underneath his when straight lining the chicane.

Big disadvantage for Brazil and China (and Portugal) tomorrow but at least we should get 17 cars tomorrow, not ideal but not bad considering some feared this race weekend would not happen at all. The cars look good and plenty to look forward to tomorrow and in the future.
Old 4 Oct 2008, 15:12 (Ref:2304053)   #11
jackschmidt
Racer

jackschmidt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame that Brazil, China, and Portugal get to race on a handicap tomorrow. Over all though, the qualifying session was pretty good. Jeroen was bloody quick. Clivio and Fairuz surprised me, definitely.

Good showing, but I hope Neel gets to speed much quicker.

Seems like Jin Woo Hwang takes his racing roots from Andrea de Cesaris. :lol:
Old 4 Oct 2008, 16:32 (Ref:2304106)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the timing is done by the same people who do the renault world series - they are very efficient on posting timesheets to the timing website too. i find the live timing system needs a refresh sometimes, other times it can go for the whole weekend without needing to be touched.

i like the cars! to be fair to the teams they seem to have done a very good job at putting the cars together in the timeframe they've had. it's not amateurish, it's just unfortunate.
Old 4 Oct 2008, 17:49 (Ref:2304175)   #13
cos
Veteran

England
Quote:
According to Daniel Morad when being interviewed it should be wet all day tomorrow so that will make it interesting.

Big disadvantage for Brazil and China (and Portugal) tomorrow but at least we should get 17 cars tomorrow, not ideal but not bad considering some feared this race weekend would not happen at all. The cars look good and plenty to look forward to tomorrow and in the future.
With limited running in the wet so far that should level out the field if it does rain for the races tomorrow.

Not so sure about some of the new liveries; Italy looks too much like Portugal and Lebanon used to be, and Portugal themselves have gone for what looks like British racing green...
Old 4 Oct 2008, 20:31 (Ref:2304271)   #14
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I enjoyed practice, which I watched on the Zandvoort site, and qualifying. The cars look and sound great and having 22 or 23 of those on the grid in China will be superb . Expected a Bleekemolen pole, and I expected Carroll to be quick, but great job from Bamber - I was slagging him off before qualifying, saying NZL have no chance of winning with him, but he proved what he can do. Great performance from Monaco while Jani and Duval put in good laps considering their limited running.
Old 4 Oct 2008, 21:08 (Ref:2304292)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
Not so sure about some of the new liveries; Italy looks too much like Portugal and Lebanon used to be, and Portugal themselves have gone for what looks like British racing green...
With the time constraints and so on, I doubt if the liveries we're seeing now are the definitive ones.

Poor show, frankly, by GBR. Not only is the car not ready, but it sounds as though the team is not complete either. No mention of drivers either. If he's willing to do it, there's really only once choice and that's Anthony Davidson, but I expect we'll end up with Robbie Kerr again.
Old 4 Oct 2008, 22:18 (Ref:2304344)   #16
nkfan
Racer

nkfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely surprised by earl bamber !.... i rated him highly but didnt think he would be quick initially !!
Old 5 Oct 2008, 03:55 (Ref:2304494)   #17
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Earl Bamber is a great young driver no doubt. He did a great job. The race will be intense!
Old 5 Oct 2008, 04:49 (Ref:2304499)   #18
MCWB
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
i like the cars! to be fair to the teams they seem to have done a very good job at putting the cars together in the timeframe they've had. it's not amateurish, it's just unfortunate.
My earlier comment was definitely not aimed at the teams, clearly they're doing the best they can in the timeframe they have. I love A1GP, but this season it seems to have reincarnated some of the problems of Season 1. The lack of cars has caused the cancellation of the one race weekend and changes to the sporting regulations for the second. You can call this unfortunate and for sure it is, but it also looks unprofessional!

That having been said, the cars look good and they look like they slide around a bit so it should be a good season once they get all the problems sorted.
Old 5 Oct 2008, 10:46 (Ref:2304588)   #19
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
The Sprint Race has been run, but I won't spoil things by giving the result. Sky Sport's coverage doesn't start for another 45 minutes.
Old 5 Oct 2008, 12:26 (Ref:2304636)   #20
cos
Veteran

England
That was a decent race; conditions looked absoutely horrible though and it's no surprise half the cars fell off the track at some point. Shame for Carroll and Tung though, as they looked set for a good result. Bamber just had no answer for Fauzy in the end though.
Old 5 Oct 2008, 12:32 (Ref:2304638)   #21
nkfan
Racer

wow the conditions are so bad .........good to see the dutch fans still enjoying !!
Old 5 Oct 2008, 12:44 (Ref:2304641)   #22
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Great job by Earl Bamber, Malaysia seemed to have done the best job of getting some heat into the tires.

Feel sorry for the poor spectators!

Very exciting Sprint race, if races in the dry are half as exciting as that then the new car gets my tick of approval.
Old 5 Oct 2008, 14:17 (Ref:2304685)   #23
ford prefect
Racer

United Kingdom
Wellingborough
ford prefect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good races, if a lacklustre ending! A race of attrition mainly down to the weather and alittle inexperience. The Korean Driver really has no place in this series (IMO).

Apart from that, well done to all concerned
Old 5 Oct 2008, 14:18 (Ref:2304686)   #24
nkfan
Racer

good race...... Monaco and Korea both new teams scored points !

First time i am seeing Daniel Morad race... very agressive and exciting to watch !!

Loic was just brilliant, was surprised to see Fairuz's pace though....Bamber really showed so much maturity for his age..awesome !!
Old 5 Oct 2008, 14:40 (Ref:2304700)   #25
cos
Veteran

England
Hwang's got very little experience in single seaters; but at least he kept it going to the finish unlike Carroll and Kimball who beached themselves firmly in the gravel.

Slightly concerned about the number of times support vehicles were driving across the track during green flag periods...