Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Jun 2004, 17:18 (Ref:997547)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hodgetts and Smith join Sureterm

SEAT Cupra racers Stefan Hodgetts & Gavin Smith will be replacing Charlie Butler-Henderson and Kelvin Burt at Mondello this weekend.

Presume CBH is out for either performance or cash issues, and I think Burt will be back later in the season.
Old 8 Jun 2004, 17:26 (Ref:997558)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is this just a one-off for now?
Old 8 Jun 2004, 17:26 (Ref:997559)   #3
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Burt will be back at Knockhill and Croft. After that he has prior commitments so Gavin Smith should be back in for the last 3 meetings.
Old 8 Jun 2004, 17:29 (Ref:997563)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And in the other car?
Old 8 Jun 2004, 17:39 (Ref:997570)   #5
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
SPARK Msport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds interesting...lets hope they can do something impressive in ex-race winning Astra's.
Old 8 Jun 2004, 18:15 (Ref:997603)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's really bad news for C-BH. He has struggled so for this year, but I think he was starting to get there, I hope he back in the car later in the year.
Old 8 Jun 2004, 19:08 (Ref:997647)   #7
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
SPARK Msport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I take it these two new comers are just a 1 off and that CBH and Burt will be back next time round?
Old 8 Jun 2004, 20:02 (Ref:997711)   #8
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
the press release suggest Hodgetts is a one off.

Smith is doing the rounds that doesnt clash with the Cupras
Old 8 Jun 2004, 21:10 (Ref:997779)   #9
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see how changing the drivers with such frequency is going to give the team results in the series, surely it would be more beneficial to stick with the same line up, and then allow that driver to really conquer the Vauxhall?

Or am I just being silly
Old 9 Jun 2004, 10:21 (Ref:998223)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems like staying with the same drivers in the Astras isn't really an option. Wallace has gone off sulking by the sounds of it all, and their choice is between Burt (can't do every race because he's already signed another contract and is sticking to it) or Smith (has already missed 4 races and is unproven).

As for the other car, Hodgetts is a great young driver, and a famous BTCC name to boot. Just don't be surprised if the ITV coverage turns on them somewhat if Charlie was booted out.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 10:28 (Ref:998239)   #11
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by andy_b
the press release suggest Hodgetts is a one off.

Smith is doing the rounds that doesnt clash with the Cupras
CB-H missing Mondello seems to have been a possibility for a while according to his website-

http://www.cb-h.net/newsitem.php?id=13
Old 10 Jun 2004, 12:47 (Ref:999618)   #12
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It sounds like he has other work commitments for this weekend, which surprises me as I had him down as being well-off.

Considering that Smith is Irish (despite his none-more-English surname), adn Hodgetts theroetically the better driver, he seems more likely to be a temporary addition, but GA have always had a lot of musical chairs so we'll see. Breeze being secure is the main thing.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 06:35 (Ref:1000431)   #13
tuff cookie
Rookie

tuff cookie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Seems like staying with the same drivers in the Astras isn't really an option. Wallace has gone off sulking by the sounds of it all, and their choice is between Burt (can't do every race because he's already signed another contract and is sticking to it) or Smith (has already missed 4 races and is unproven).

As for the other car, Hodgetts is a great young driver, and a famous BTCC name to boot. Just don't be surprised if the ITV coverage turns on them somewhat if Charlie was booted out.
Always good to hear more totally unbiased drivel from the leading expert on this forum!
Old 11 Jun 2004, 07:31 (Ref:1000459)   #14
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
have to say Smith has really come on well this year in the Cupra's. He was quick, but maybe a little over agreesive last year and kept getting into battles with Shedden, but this year, he has moved up a gear. Title between Smith, Boardman and Pickord really.

Autosport said yesterday that CB-H had LEFT the team, while I'm really pleased for Hodgetts, that would be a real shame if that is the case
Old 11 Jun 2004, 11:14 (Ref:1000641)   #15
Kicking-back
Veteran

CBH has left for "personal reasons", apparently.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 13:55 (Ref:1000766)   #16
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hodgetts or Smith would probably be an improvement over CBH or Wallace anyway. It's a shame Sureterm's second Alfa never surfaced though.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 18:09 (Ref:1000984)   #17
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by N I Tram
Hodgetts or Smith would probably be an improvement over CBH or Wallace anyway. It's a shame Sureterm's second Alfa never surfaced though.
Carl has been impressive in that very quick Alfa, I think no one expected it to be on the pace like it has been.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 19:35 (Ref:1001060)   #18
rev.limit
Rookie

rev.limit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those in support of Stefan...appreciated.
Never had funding,top lad,will give his all and NEVER gives up.anyone going to Silverstone this Sat 4 WSbikes,see you in the Red Lion pm for a damn good gig!......Mondello sunday morning....be a bit tired!
Old 11 Jun 2004, 20:32 (Ref:1001102)   #19
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
I think I might know who you are rev.limit, a little biased me thinks

pass on our good luck to Stefan from the SEATCupra.net guys complete with his mug on the front page
Old 11 Jun 2004, 21:06 (Ref:1001131)   #20
rev.limit
Rookie

rev.limit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just need Picky(Stefs big pal)to win the Seat cup this year and get him in a touring car,James has gone to Ireland to support him...top lad!
cant wait for the ego-maniac former champs to ask for cupra set-ups at Donington;all funds raised will go to the Acorns Childrens hospice for terminally ill kids.Dont realistically think Mr Gows plan will totally work as some drivers have manufacturer contracts preventing them from racing other rival cars(ie Seat)
Old 12 Jun 2004, 08:50 (Ref:1001502)   #21
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
yes, was thinking the same with contracts. The Vauxhall guys should in theory be OK, as they have previously let Muller drive a SEAT and Kia in Ice Racing and last year a SEAT in the ETCC.

Would be great to see you in one of them, before 90 I know, but I remember the days of the Corolla, RS500 etc. Picky is doing well this year (helped by our stickers on the car of course )

pass on our wishes and luck to Stef'

Last edited by andy_b; 12 Jun 2004 at 08:52.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 12:35 (Ref:1001648)   #22
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is rev.limit Chris Hodgetts? If so, great to have a genuine legend on the site.

I'm sure Stefan will do well - I'd rate him about Paul, CBH and Gavin.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 15:42 (Ref:1001795)   #23
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
yeap
Old 12 Jun 2004, 21:26 (Ref:1002081)   #24
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
QUOTE: 'For those in support of Stefan...appreciated.
Never had funding,top lad,will give his all and NEVER gives up.anyone going to Silverstone this Sat 4 WSbikes,see you in the Red Lion pm for a damn good gig!......Mondello sunday morning....be a bit tired!'

NEVER had funding???????? Well, it's all relative, I guess!!
Old 1 Jul 2004, 14:35 (Ref:1022589)   #25
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see from todays Autosport that C-BH will back in one of the Astra's for Croft. That is good news for C-BH, it looks as if Sureterm are going to look at things again after Croft. The other car will be driven by Hoggetts.