Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 31 Dec 2004, 10:22 (Ref:1190393)   #1
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
F1 '04 dvd season review

On holiday I decided to splash out a bit, and bought 'THE OFFICIAL REVIEW OF THE 2004 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPtm'
It's fairly long, 194 minutes isn’t bad, although about 7 minutes of each race is OK, and they have missed out a few points of the race.

But I got to see JB's pole lap at Imola, when he surfed the kerbs and main topics f the season, and some interesting interviews from SPEEDtv.

Also there was Ben Edwards editing, showing enthusiasm, you could tell he wasn't reading off the script.

Also also, a good tribute to Ayrton Senna, at Imola 10 years on.
Old 31 Dec 2004, 18:42 (Ref:1190698)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was soooo bored with 90% of last season that I couldn't possibly bring myself to buy a DVD of it........
Old 31 Dec 2004, 19:23 (Ref:1190718)   #3
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where dya get the DVD from luke, Duke?
Old 31 Dec 2004, 19:29 (Ref:1190722)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Halfords.

Always the best for motorsport DVDs

Last edited by luke; 31 Dec 2004 at 19:29.
Old 1 Jan 2005, 16:23 (Ref:1191062)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a big improvement on last year.

Picture quality on the pole laps is awful though.
Old 1 Jan 2005, 17:01 (Ref:1191096)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I was soooo bored with 90% of last season that I couldn't possibly bring myself to buy a DVD of it........
Yes, it would be dreadful to watch Montoya overtake Michael round the ouside at Spa, etc... I'd list more, but frankly I'd get bored (more bored of this).

luke, do they still have the 'interactive' selection on the DVD to see from different angles and in-car? I'd like to watch several of the battles from in car.

Whatever I have just be encouraged to order it now, so that I too like you, luke, can get pleasure from it.

Last edited by Adam43; 1 Jan 2005 at 17:02.
Old 1 Jan 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1191102)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The interactive bits were only on the 2000 DVD, which remember came out a year after the 2000 season was finished.

This was rushed out before christmas and lacks special features as such. You get a basic review which you can't play about with in any way, plus an on board of each pole lap and a pointless lap of Shanghai with the rev counter and throttle brake indicators that ITV used in their on screen display at the end of the season.

Some of the pole laps are awful. they mostly suffer from blocky, grainy picture quality and some are viewed from the stupid camera angle where you sit inside the cockpit and get to watch the side of Barrichello or whoevers helmet. ie....you don't see the track or, indeed, the drivers input!
Old 1 Jan 2005, 17:07 (Ref:1191104)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

However, the basic review is quite good!!!!
Old 1 Jan 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1191110)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
The interactive bits were only on the 2000 DVD, which remember came out a year after the 2000 season was finished.
Didn't the 2001 season review (free with a PS2 game - that is why I bought the game) have the interactive features? And last years 2003 review did too, didn't it? *goes to check*
Quote:
This was rushed out before christmas and lacks special features as such...
That is a shame, the extras always add to it.
Quote:
... stupid camera angle where you sit inside the cockpit and get to watch the side of Barrichello or whoevers helmet. ie....you don't see the track or, indeed, the drivers input!
I agree. Sometimes it is good, but they tend to overkill on them. Drivers hands, steering wheel, front wheels and track is still the best

My little bug-bear at the moment is that I wish they'd change to 16:9 instead of 4:3. It would make it a lot better IMHO.

Oh, and Aysedasi don't watch ITV tomorrow at 12.30 - 13.30.

Last edited by Adam43; 1 Jan 2005 at 17:15. Reason: tidy up quotes
Old 1 Jan 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1191111)   #10
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Adam, it's maybe to basic, but they show the main points of the race. It's worth it though, all though I would rather they had Martin and Murray, doing the editing.

You may as well get it as it's the off season.
Old 1 Jan 2005, 17:18 (Ref:1191114)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Although I may pick up the BTCC review..........
Old 1 Jan 2005, 17:19 (Ref:1191115)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Not Martin and James then?
Old 1 Jan 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1191128)   #13
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
I would rather burn my savings.

Last edited by luke; 1 Jan 2005 at 17:28.
Old 1 Jan 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1191143)   #14
bf1
Racer

Ireland
Waterford, Ireland / Swansea, Wales
bf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Code:
Where dya get the DVD from luke, Duke?
Code:
Halfords.
Always the best for motorsport DVDs
Duke supply Halfords

Anyway Happy New Year
Old 3 Jan 2005, 18:01 (Ref:1192308)   #15
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Yes, it would be dreadful to watch Montoya overtake Michael round the ouside at Spa, etc... I'd list more, but frankly I'd get bored (more bored of this).

luke, do they still have the 'interactive' selection on the DVD to see from different angles and in-car? I'd like to watch several of the battles from in car.

Whatever I have just be encouraged to order it now, so that I too like you, luke, can get pleasure from it.
Adam You cannot choose to go in-car on any bit u choose. But there is a fantastic extra on the china. You can go in-car with Micheal when he has his spin and u can also watch his recovery lap with the data at the side. Its quite smart IMO
Old 3 Jan 2005, 18:04 (Ref:1192310)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Bah, it's a pointless feature. They could have done better than that!

I'd happily wait a few months extra if they'd cram some extra bits in there!
Old 3 Jan 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1192458)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore

Oh, and Aysedasi don't watch ITV tomorrow at 12.30 - 13.30.

No fears there Adam.......