Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 30 Nov 2004, 10:20 (Ref:1167860)   #1
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tracy eyes Daytona with Rolex test

Tracy is once again looking to do a crossover - Crash.Net reports;

Quote:
Paul Tracy is set to take part in a three day test session with the Bell Motorsports team as the 2003 Champ Car World Series title winner attempts to secure a drive in the 2005 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona.
Full article: http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view...d=3&nid=103226

I think it will be great (assuming Tracy gets the drive), and it seems Forsythe took the hint after the NASCAR-race fiasco backfired on him.

Last edited by rustyfan; 30 Nov 2004 at 10:23.
Old 30 Nov 2004, 11:31 (Ref:1167939)   #2
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be very cool. Not a particular fan of the DP's but that doesn't stop me from watching it. If he gets the ride any idea who he would partner with?
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 30 Nov 2004, 15:44 (Ref:1168138)   #3
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It would be great to see him do it. I particularly like this quote: "The team itself is also familiar with the skills of Champ Car drivers, having won last year's event with former series star Christian Fittipaldi as one of the four drivers on the team." What about the DP champs Papis and Pruett?
Old 30 Nov 2004, 21:58 (Ref:1168383)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Snrub- Papis and Pruett are racing with Manning and Dixon in the 24 hour race at Ganassi.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 23:51 (Ref:1173959)   #5
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PT was just interviewed live on 'the Score' and he announced that he will be racing in the 2005 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona, so it's official now. Paul also mentioned that he will make it official in the U.S. tomorrow by a teleconference.

Last edited by Dov; 7 Dec 2004 at 23:54.
Old 8 Dec 2004, 03:00 (Ref:1174020)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tracy in the Dump Trucks

Paul will be racing in the Bell Motorsports Tron Car with Terry Borcheller and Forrest Barber (who is a friend of his). I think he is doing it as an in to NA$CAR because the France Family controls GARRA. But that is only what I think.

I have a few photos of him looking really depressed while waiting his chance to drive. He did not at any time look like he was having any fun.
Old 8 Dec 2004, 03:48 (Ref:1174038)   #7
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Going by past comments to the press it sounds to me like he's got a Nascar seat if he wants it. I don't know, but do you really think PT is trying to suck up so that he can drive a Nascar in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Snrub- Papis and Pruett are racing with Manning and Dixon in the 24 hour race at Ganassi.
I know that. My point is that no one would have 'little familiarity' with CC drivers because two of them won the championship.
Old 8 Dec 2004, 07:16 (Ref:1174093)   #8
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz
I think he is doing it as an in to NA$CAR because the France Family controls GARRA. But that is only what I think.
The France's have nothing to do with whether Tracy can race in NASCAR or not (they can't refuse him on the basis of no superspeedway experience, for obvious reasons).

As seen last year, the lone factor in whether Tracy will ever race in NASCAR or not is Forsythe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
Going by past comments to the press it sounds to me like he's got a Nascar seat if he wants it. I don't know, but do you really think PT is trying to suck up so that he can drive a Nascar in the future?
Tracy had a RCR seat waiting for him last year already. That is, until Forsythe screwed him - and much of the NASCAR community which I know would have loved to see Tracy in a Cup car - over.
Old 8 Dec 2004, 07:32 (Ref:1174098)   #9
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Since the, in my opinion, stupid 10-minute editing rule still is in place, I couldn't edit the post above to reflect the fact that it, of course, was this year at Sonoma Tracy had a RCR ride waiting for him, and nothing else.

Early morning here in Sweden and semi-remembering the discussions Childress and Tracy had in 2003 already lead to the confusion.
Old 13 Jan 2005, 00:45 (Ref:1199495)   #10
TedN
Racer

Canada
Georgetown, ON, Canada
TedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pics of Tracy and friends at Daytona, courtesy of "WestHill" at tomotorsports.com:

Pic-1
Pic-2
Pic-3
Pic-4
Pic-5
Pic-6
Pic-7
Pic-8
Pic-9

Ted
Old 13 Jan 2005, 10:07 (Ref:1199688)   #11
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great pictures. It's a weird sight to see Christian, Max, Dario and Paul standing together now.