Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 6 Dec 2000, 15:56 (Ref:51359)   #1
massifheed
Racer

massifheed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

After trying for a good long while to successfully register, I have finally made it. Just passed my ARDS test, wanna get on with the racing, but I have fallen at the famous first hurdle... cash. I bet you racing veterans have heard this many times before. I'm gonna stick with it as there should be some funds materialising in the new year. Now that I am here, I'm not quite sure what to say, so erm... till next time.
Old 6 Dec 2000, 16:15 (Ref:51361)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to the forum Massifhead.

What about telling us where you want to race, what you thoink you'll be racing (if funds permit) and what you'd like to race (funds not an issue).
Old 6 Dec 2000, 17:08 (Ref:51372)   #3
massifheed
Racer

massifheed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well, I really want to race single seaters, so I guess it's formula ford. I know that the BRDC do an FF championship, and there are others about. What do you guys reckon would be the best to start out in? Somewhere that I can compete with others of a fairly equal level.
If money was no object then it would be FPA as I like the idea of a level playing field. It does seem good value, but £125,000 for a season is way out for me. And I am well aware of the fact that sponsorship is pretty much non-existent, even for proven race winners.
I hate my job, so if money was abundant then I would quit and race full time. But I doubt that will happen. Sounds depressing, but I would rather be realistic. I am sure you guys know the feeling.
Old 6 Dec 2000, 17:15 (Ref:51374)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A good well supported Fford chamionship is FF1600 which our very own Tony Harman races in. That's club racing so if you want to aim for bigger and better things you'd be better off in the Zetecs. However that's probably more expensive than FPA.
Old 7 Dec 2000, 22:20 (Ref:51553)   #5
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Perhaps you're aiming too high for the first year, and with limited funds?

One suggestion I have for single seaters on a budget would be Formula 600 - run by the BRSCC (www.brscc.co.uk) - they reckon you could do the fist year for £15,000. If you need cheaper than this, you may have to do saloon racing, but you could always reassess your future plans when you have more money / experience.

Whatever you do - have fun!

(p.s. I've just got my licence, and have just signed up for the Mighty Minis championship next year )
Old 5 Jan 2001, 12:37 (Ref:56249)   #6
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Be sure and tell us what you decide on and update us with your progress. Oh and we want to see pictures too!