Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 28 Dec 2008, 21:22 (Ref:2362026)   #1
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barrow Circuit.

This is my first offering in quite a while. Just a little something I knocked together...

It's the Barrow Circuit, probably little over a mile in length, and characterised by high-speed runs between tight corners. A complex including one chicane, which drops the cars down a couple of feet, and a hairpin bend, is arguably the biggest technical challenge on this anti-clockwise track. The rest is all about speed, and choosing the right braking point for the other tight corners. T1 is particularly tight, and is flanked by run-off to help mop up those first corner spillages.

In the second picture, red boxes indicated stadia, blue lines indicate walls or barriers, and green, grey and beige represent grass, concrete and gravel run-offs respectively.

Any questions? Any answers?
Old 28 Dec 2008, 22:39 (Ref:2362063)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you were to increase that up to 3km or 3.2km/2 miles then I think that it would scale better.

As a layout I think it would certainly be a challenge to set a car up for. I like it
Old 29 Dec 2008, 02:49 (Ref:2362130)   #3
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is one of those tracks that is much more challenging than it looks. My favorite corner is turn 9. It makes slowing down and setting the car up for the final corner very difficult. The T3 - T7 section reminds me of a similar segment I used on one of my tracks (which explains why I like it). Nice work.
Old 3 Jan 2009, 20:19 (Ref:2364665)   #4
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Thanks guys. I'd just been watching the DTM season review, and was inspired slightly by the look of the Norisring - though that's probably only reflected in the first turn!

Stig - which was the track [of yours] you mentioned?
Old 9 Jan 2009, 21:16 (Ref:2368527)   #5
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BMW Motorsports Ring from a while back.

http://tentenths.com/forum/attachmen...3&d=1222546987

Specifically I'm talking about turns 2-5 and 11-14. Sorry about the late reply.
Old 10 Jan 2009, 17:20 (Ref:2368920)   #6
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Barrow Circuit?
Not Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, UK, surely?

So where?
John
(Lancaster - about 40 miles from B-i-F, and never heard of it)
Old 10 Jan 2009, 20:10 (Ref:2368985)   #7
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
It's entirely fictional - as are a great many circuits on this forum! And forget not that Barrow-in-Furness isn't the only Barrow in the UK!

But as I'm local, too - then sure, it can be that Barrow.