Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Aug 2017, 05:17 (Ref:3761458)   #76
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA View Post
OP = Yes.

I said this after Clipsal and was virtually marginalized. We're in for a couple more years of distorted statistics to fain "health" in the series, but ultimately we're now in the 'slow burn till the end' era of the series, and there are lots of reasons for this.
They should align with an international formula to attract more importers to support the series I say!
Old 25 Aug 2017, 05:59 (Ref:3761462)   #77
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA View Post
OP = Yes.

I said this after Clipsal and was virtually marginalized. We're in for a couple more years of distorted statistics to fain "health" in the series, but ultimately we're now in the 'slow burn till the end' era of the series, and there are lots of reasons for this.
There are plenty of other series that will die before V8s, just because the Holden Ford era is gone, doesn't mean its dead, and to the point of losing Ford v Holden, who do we blame, ourselves, if we didn't ever buy a Ford or Holden (the only cars we ever owned have been Ford and 2 Holden Rodeos) then your at fault, simple as that. If you bought a Ford or Holden then you did your part and once again the rich nailed the normal like their little puppets.
Old 25 Aug 2017, 09:09 (Ref:3761486)   #78
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
There are plenty of other series that will die before V8s, just because the Holden Ford era is gone, doesn't mean its dead, and to the point of losing Ford v Holden, who do we blame, ourselves, if we didn't ever buy a Ford or Holden (the only cars we ever owned have been Ford and 2 Holden Rodeos) then your at fault, simple as that. If you bought a Ford or Holden then you did your part and once again the rich nailed the normal like their little puppets.
Mate, the V8's series is already dead (reference to V8's obliterated), it's now called "Supercars", as for blaming anyone who did not buy a Ford or a Holden V8, shame on them for not buying a V8 sedan just to keep a racing category going.
As for the rest of your comment, could you please translate into English and explain the nailed the normal Etc. ????
Old 26 Aug 2017, 00:14 (Ref:3761613)   #79
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
Mate, the V8's series is already dead (reference to V8's obliterated), it's now called "Supercars", as for blaming anyone who did not buy a Ford or a Holden V8, shame on them for not buying a V8 sedan just to keep a racing category going.
As for the rest of your comment, could you please translate into English and explain the nailed the normal Etc. ????
V8s died because Ford and Holden died

By Normal, I mean the working class, Australian or Australian car enthusiasts. Ford and Holden were given a load of money in 2013 to help continue and get out of its crisis. Guess where it ended, in the pockets of the Ford, Holden CEO's and their freinds
Old 26 Aug 2017, 01:04 (Ref:3761625)   #80
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
V8s died because Ford and Holden died

By Normal, I mean the working class, Australian or Australian car enthusiasts. Ford and Holden were given a load of money in 2013 to help continue and get out of its crisis. Guess where it ended, in the pockets of the Ford, Holden CEO's and their freinds

derp
Old 26 Aug 2017, 01:09 (Ref:3761628)   #81
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In a heavily-unionist industry...

Ah nevermind.
Old 26 Aug 2017, 02:28 (Ref:3761648)   #82
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ yeah, when you realise the pay the factory worker was getting.....

Anyway, series will be fine, it's not going anywhere but we may need to deal with some change which will make some cranky folk a little more cranky.
Old 26 Aug 2017, 02:31 (Ref:3761650)   #83
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, they talk the government handouts knowing full wellbthey were shutting down, because of all the redundancy packages that need to be settled.

Shutting down itself, isn't simply a case of turning off the machines...
Old 26 Aug 2017, 03:52 (Ref:3761662)   #84
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
^ yeah, when you realise the pay the factory worker was getting.....

Anyway, series will be fine, it's not going anywhere but we may need to deal with some change which will make some cranky folk a little more cranky.
Agreed on the series, it has to change to survive, very unfortunate but that's how it goes
Old 26 Aug 2017, 23:58 (Ref:3761795)   #85
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
and to the point of losing Ford v Holden, who do we blame, ourselves,
Why would you buy a Ford or Holden? I'm sorry but the statistics are that they are of lower quality compared to rival cars. [Both local and international Ford and GM products. Falcon: bushings and transmission milkshake. Territory: rust. Commodore: timing chain stretch. Then the international products: "Craptiva" "Astra" (enough said) "Cruze" (oh golly) "Ford Powershift" transmission (commonly referred by owners without the second "f"!) ]

It doesn't make sense to buy a Ford or Holden, when you could buy alternatives.

Quote:
2 Holden Rodeos)
Your Holden Rodeo is really an Izusu (Japanese), that's why it's a reliable Holden!
Old 27 Aug 2017, 00:13 (Ref:3761798)   #86
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GM and Ford have struggled world wide because they failed to recognise changes in the market quickly enough and because their quality control is not up to standard.
The question of whether a country of Australia's population could sustain car manufacturing without large Tariff protection is another factor.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 08:46 (Ref:3761862)   #87
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Why would you buy a Ford or Holden? I'm sorry but the statistics are that they are of lower quality compared to rival cars. [Both local and international Ford and GM products. Falcon: bushings and transmission milkshake. Territory: rust. Commodore: timing chain stretch. Then the international products: "Craptiva" "Astra" (enough said) "Cruze" (oh golly) "Ford Powershift" transmission (commonly referred by owners without the second "f"!) ]

It doesn't make sense to buy a Ford or Holden, when you could buy alternatives.

Your Holden Rodeo is really an Izusu (Japanese), that's why it's a reliable Holden!
I disagree with that. Its not as a rule the manufacturer, we have an XR8, had the rockers go, it wasn't an issue with Ford but it was an independent manufacturer issue, as are most issues now. But believe the media, they'll advertise bad things about our own, look at what the media dirt who are making the claims about Ford Holden, and how they are in support of from overseas, its not good for Australians. Ford and Holden wouldn't be able to label who provided parts and those things that fail, because if they did, they'd be sued for defamation. I wouldn't touch anything from Asia with a 70 foot pole, our utes were post Isuzu era, Holden moved away from the Isuzu engine and powertrain towards their own (you cant tell me that's false as I know the parts in the car given that we do our own servicing on it) I don't even want to touch anything from Europe, most Asian, European imports are small cars that in a crash you'd be dead. What about fuel conservation too, the imports we will have are from city areas (China/Japan like) what they call a big tank wouldn't get me to where our XR8 or Ute would on a tank of fuel. Import is not the way, people will see that in the future, where Ford and Holden could be repaired, import will be dumped

Here are some statistics last year actually I found, this was as of half year

1. Toyota: 9 recall notices covering 465,000 vehicles

2. Mitsubishi: 9 recall notices covering 438,000 vehicles

3. Honda: 5 recall notices covering 295,000 vehicles

4. Nissan: 5 recall notices covering 111,000 vehicles

5. Subaru: 5 recall notices covering 108,000 vehicles

6. Jeep-Chrysler: 11 recall notices covering 85,600 vehicles

7. Hyundai: 4 recall notices covering 60,895 vehicles

8. Volkswagen-Skoda: 9 recall notices covering 12,800 vehicles

9. Holden: 5 recall notices covering 12,300 vehicles

10. Mercedes-Benz: 9 recall notices covering 8500 vehicles

11. Jaguar-Land Rover: 7 recall notices covering 3600 vehicles

12. Peugeot-Citroen: 6 recall notices covering 3000 vehicles

13. Maserati: 2 recall notices covering 1900 vehicles

14. Kia: 2 recall notices covering 750 vehicles

15. Fiat-Alfa Romeo: 4 recall notices covering 66 vehicles

So if I was looking to by a new car, I'd buy a Holden, certainly not the so called 'more efficient or reliable' cars

Last edited by mceci1; 27 Aug 2017 at 08:55.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 09:12 (Ref:3761867)   #88
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you will find that Rodeo / Colorado are still made by Isuzu, and always have been
Old 27 Aug 2017, 09:15 (Ref:3761868)   #89
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
I think you will find that Rodeo / Colorado are still made by Isuzu, and always have been
up until the start of 2008 they did, Colorado other then body shape has not a lot in common now with Isuzu's running gear, its Holdens, hence the name change to Colorado. The last Rodeo was the first transition
Old 27 Aug 2017, 09:22 (Ref:3761870)   #90
Umai Naa
Veteran

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Colorado

I can't even.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 09:39 (Ref:3761875)   #91
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Don't even, your making an assumption from one of the most unreliable sources on the internet. I have personally seen the running gear in our ute, not one mention of IZUZU on it. Its a Holden running gear, eye witness is more reliable then some know it all nerd with no clue posting something on Wikipedia. 3 litre ITD was under izuzu, 3.0 VCDI was Holden, Wikipedia mentions nothing about this funnily enough

Last edited by mceci1; 27 Aug 2017 at 09:44.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 09:41 (Ref:3761876)   #92
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
Also, the chassis was made by Izuzu, yes, never said it wasn't, I am talking about running gear.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 09:48 (Ref:3761880)   #93
Umai Naa
Veteran

*Isuzu

Engines are GM Duramax.

The Dmax, Mu-X, Colorado, Colorado7/Trailblazer all come out of the same Isuzu plant in Thailand. Besides cosmetic differences, they are virtually identical.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 09:58 (Ref:3761887)   #94
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
*Isuzu

Engines are GM Duramax.

The Dmax, Mu-X, Colorado, Colorado7/Trailblazer all come out of the same Isuzu plant in Thailand. Besides cosmetic differences, they are virtually identical.
Up until 2008 there was no difference, the engines aren't the same. I'll even get in contact with our local Holden dealer to prove the point

Last edited by mceci1; 27 Aug 2017 at 10:28.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 10:04 (Ref:3761889)   #95
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are getting way off topic but OK. Just remember it is OK to be wrong
Old 27 Aug 2017, 10:31 (Ref:3761899)   #96
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So if I was looking to by a new car, I'd buy a Holden, certainly not the so called 'more efficient or reliable' cars
You've only got a few months to do that (and they would need to be Commodores) ... after that, all Holden's will be European or Asian, which puts you in a spot of bother seeing as "I wouldn't touch anything from Asia with a 70 foot pole" and "I don't even want to touch anything from Europe" - your own quotes. Your utes were built in Thailand, and if they have diesel motors, they were NOT built in Australia. The Holden engine factory only built petrol motors.

All our D-Maxes, Colorados, Hi-Luxes, Rangers - and from next year, Camry's will be coming from Thailand; possibly a few others as well. Thailand - Australia Free Trade Agreement for the win, only if you are an automotive worker in Thailand.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 10:34 (Ref:3761900)   #97
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post
You've only got a few months to do that (and they would need to be Commodores) ... after that, all Holden's will be European or Asian, which puts you in a spot of bother seeing as "I wouldn't touch anything from Asia with a 70 foot pole" and "I don't even want to touch anything from Europe" - your own quotes. Your utes were built in Thailand, and if they have diesel motors, they were NOT built in Australia. The Holden engine factory only built petrol motors.

All our D-Maxes, Colorados, Hi-Luxes, Rangers - and from next year, Camry's will be coming from Thailand; possibly a few others as well. Thailand - Australia Free Trade Agreement for the win, only if you are an automotive worker in Thailand.
I heard that Rangers were coming from the American area, so we have heard at work
Old 27 Aug 2017, 10:37 (Ref:3761902)   #98
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post

Also, where do you explain the Deisel in the Barina's given they designed from the Chev Spark, another horrible small car.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 10:55 (Ref:3761905)   #99
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Also, where do you explain the Deisel in the Barina's given they designed from the Chev Spark, another horrible small car.
I don't care where the diesel in the Barinas came from - it wasn't Australia. And if you disagree, then I surrender.

As for the Ranger, the models sold here come from Thailand, or at a pinch, South Africa - but not the USA. US production was discontinued some years ago, but a new model is likely to commence in the US in either 2018 or 2019. Whether we get that model here will depend on whether Ford wants to build both LHD and RHD in the US, or leave the US factory dedicated to LHD and keep RHD coming out of their other plants.

Last edited by RedZedMikey; 27 Aug 2017 at 11:18.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 11:13 (Ref:3761911)   #100
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Agreed on the series, it has to change to survive, very unfortunate but that's how it goes
They said the same in 1985, and look where we wound up in 1993?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks
Why would you buy a Ford or Holden? I'm sorry but the statistics are that they are of lower quality compared to rival cars
Does this mean the Button plan didn't do its job?