Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Oct 2022, 06:40 (Ref:4128346)   #26
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Does anyone have an actual figure for what it costs per lap in F1? I thought I heard a figure of £1000 a lap or some such?
Old 2 Oct 2022, 07:04 (Ref:4128347)   #27
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Does anyone have an actual figure for what it costs per lap in F1? I thought I heard a figure of £1000 a lap or some such?
Yes, but most of that is R&D and logistics divided by mileage so the more laps you do the cheaper per lap it is.
Old 2 Oct 2022, 07:40 (Ref:4128351)   #28
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I'd be staggered if it was that low - although depends on how it is calculated of course. 17 years ago, the accepted cost per lap for V8 Supercars here in Australia was $3000 AUD per lap (about 1500 pounds) with much, much smaller budgets than F1 teams - costs for everything have gone up since then so I think the figure of 1,000 GBP is probably a bit light.
Old 2 Oct 2022, 08:46 (Ref:4128357)   #29
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great lap by Leclerc. Great end to the session that was. Good to see Alonso up there. Gonna be interesting to see what Max can do from 8th
Old 2 Oct 2022, 08:55 (Ref:4128358)   #30
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
There's a total of 1378 race laps on the calendar this year over a total of 23 races. At £125 million maximum (!) for each team, two cars, that works out at a staggering £45300 *per lap* per team.

125000000÷(1378×2)

Astonishing. And that doesn't include driver salaries!
Old 2 Oct 2022, 09:12 (Ref:4128359)   #31
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
There's a total of 1378 race laps on the calendar this year over a total of 23 races. At £125 million maximum (!) for each team, two cars, that works out at a staggering £45300 *per lap* per team.

125000000÷(1378×2)

Astonishing. And that doesn't include driver salaries!
Yeah, but what percentage of laps are race laps? Testing, (secret) private testing, FP, Q, Sprint must all cost too LOL.

Also, can you do an analysis for Maldonado or Bigjohn, allowing for less laps and crash damage please?
Old 2 Oct 2022, 09:40 (Ref:4128361)   #32
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tsk. Don't go bringing extra factors into the equation, it'll make things far less dramatic!

But based on a first lap retirement, you'd be looking at a cost of roughly 50x that amount for that lap.

Whichever way I slice this up, F1 is insanely expensive.

Slightly related - when we were recovering Zhou's car at Silverstone I was concerned we were going to damage it while being lifted. Then I thought... it's already knackered, so a little bit more knackeration won't really matter! And anyway, excepting a single wishbone which we had to run a strop round, nothing did break in the lift. Lifting a car when the main lifting point is 300m away on the track is tricky
Old 2 Oct 2022, 09:47 (Ref:4128362)   #33
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Tsk. Don't go bringing extra factors into the equation, it'll make things far less dramatic!

But based on a first lap retirement, you'd be looking at a cost of roughly 50x that amount for that lap.

Whichever way I slice this up, F1 is insanely expensive.

Slightly related - when we were recovering Zhou's car at Silverstone I was concerned we were going to damage it while being lifted. Then I thought... it's already knackered, so a little bit more knackeration won't really matter! And anyway, excepting a single wishbone which we had to run a strop round, nothing did break in the lift. Lifting a car when the main lifting point is 300m away on the track is tricky
LOL trust Greem to work personal glory in!
Old 2 Oct 2022, 09:49 (Ref:4128363)   #34
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hrm. That's not what I meant at all.
Old 2 Oct 2022, 10:51 (Ref:4128367)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Entertaining session illustrating exactly why we don't need sprint races......
Old 2 Oct 2022, 11:44 (Ref:4128375)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's raining very heavily and the start has been delayed.
Old 2 Oct 2022, 12:07 (Ref:4128377)   #37
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Entertaining session illustrating exactly why we don't need sprint races......
although then we would have gotten more racing laps yesterday then potentially we will get today?
Old 2 Oct 2022, 12:32 (Ref:4128384)   #38
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
will be interesting to see how tire allotments of fresh inters left will play out during the race.
Old 2 Oct 2022, 12:37 (Ref:4128385)   #39
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do they keep forgetting to bring the wet tyres? It seems very careless..
Old 2 Oct 2022, 12:41 (Ref:4128386)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post

They didn't think it might rain?
Old 2 Oct 2022, 12:42 (Ref:4128388)   #41
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
or intentional?
Old 2 Oct 2022, 13:01 (Ref:4128390)   #42
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
If it rains again during the race will they red flag it?
Old 2 Oct 2022, 13:11 (Ref:4128391)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
A clean start.
Old 2 Oct 2022, 13:24 (Ref:4128394)   #44
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
some elbows out tho. Max making friends is always good stuff!
Old 2 Oct 2022, 13:26 (Ref:4128395)   #45
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Latifi is also making friends.
Again.
Old 2 Oct 2022, 13:27 (Ref:4128396)   #46
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
The SC is out.
Old 2 Oct 2022, 13:30 (Ref:4128397)   #47
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Latifi is also making friends.
Again.
lol
Old 2 Oct 2022, 13:39 (Ref:4128398)   #48
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
The SC didn't help Russell, like Toto Wolff had hoped. Maybe another is required.
Old 2 Oct 2022, 13:55 (Ref:4128400)   #49
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Alonso out of the race on his 350th GP.

VSC.

Russell pits for mediums.
Old 2 Oct 2022, 14:02 (Ref:4128401)   #50
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albon in the wall. T8.