Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Jun 2002, 23:47 (Ref:306862)   #1
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3rd Saleen!

Lister and TVR could yet face another GNM Saleen S7R. Another car is currently being raced in the Spanish GT series and after LM, if it comes back unscaved, should appear at Castle Combe.
Old 7 Jun 2002, 07:56 (Ref:307105)   #2
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
TVRfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah i heard that too. would it be restricted like the others, but with no ballast. It could have been a great race at silverstone had the TVR and Lister not come together. more cars the better ive always said, as for more saleens? well we'll see!
Old 7 Jun 2002, 14:24 (Ref:307398)   #3
SolemHill
Rookie

SolemHill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't be very sporting having another set of Saleen Tail lights for the rest of the field to watch. At croft the other week it got a bit tedious watching the Saleens just stretch their legs away from everything else in the field.....can't believe how fast those things are. They're quick on the straights....silverstone proved that.....they good when it's twisty - knockhill proved that....and they handle reasonably well in the wet like at croft ( if you ignore the second one taking out the tyre wall on the exit of the chicane).....what can the rest of the field do to catch these things? The line of Dunlop super pole winner stickers across the top of the door is an embarrassment of riches.....the only one missing from Mr erdos' car is on the other Saleen.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 09:34 (Ref:308523)   #4
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
sorry, "Saleens just sretch their legs....at croft" Umm didnt the second one get well and truly stufffed? and the TVR and Lister were both going faster than the first later in the race, if it hadnt been for the warm up lap for the lister and the Second Saleen ruining the TVR's race i think we wopuld have seen a new winner. Dont get me wrong im am in awe of the saleen, what they have done is amazing but the gap is closing and with the new restrictor i think the seecond half of the season could be very interesting
Old 10 Jun 2002, 09:45 (Ref:309358)   #5
SolemHill
Rookie

Hmmmmm....croft was interesting...don't remeber the second saleen getting stuffed other than making the chicane a little more intersting by placing the second tyre wall in the exit. As for the lister - if the team had got the tyres on instead of using the assembly area as an extention of the paddock - he might not have had to come flying out in last place, promptly spining it onto the grass....even you ( Mr TVRFan ) have to admit it was a little tickelish....the gap may be closing....but from my seat it looked a lot like a saleen that was lapping everything in the field....But the girlfriend does keeps telling me to get back to the opticians....

As a TVR fan have met the good Mr Wheeler...I did for the 1st time at croft.....if he said a TVR won - a TVR won - how big is that guy???
Old 10 Jun 2002, 09:51 (Ref:309366)   #6
SolemHill
Rookie

Sorry just clicked about the TVR getting it's race stuffed up...what would that have been then? the only incicent I saw was a TVR remodelling the rear of a saleen at Clevaux...
Old 10 Jun 2002, 15:27 (Ref:309748)   #7
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
i havent met him unfourtunately. The incident with the TVR and second Saleen will be long debated. i have had many arguments with my saleen supporting friends about this!