Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 28 Nov 2000, 15:36 (Ref:50166)   #26
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I will be running a Mazda RX7 in 2001 in the Improved Production Victorian State Series also heading to the Nationals wherever they are, and maybe even running at Hidden Valley with the V8s if the subsidies are there again. I am currently putting together my budget, and looks like there is a chance will be upgrading to a 2 car team with aspirations of a three car team. Although there is talk about trying to raise the funds to run in GTP. I will probably start the season running in Sports Sedans hopefully around the pointy end, we have had a second in sports sedans, but the car is set-up for Improved Production but my Dad has been putting it on the front row so he gets another season playing with the boys while we decide where the team moves. Look out for our major marketing push soon, as we aggressively seek sponsors. hehehe. Currently we have Forty Winks (Camberwell and Glen Waverley), Kinchrome Tools, Three Bond, and Racefix Repairs. But there is always room for more.
Old 28 Nov 2000, 20:38 (Ref:50188)   #27
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London
yelwoci should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slowcoach,

If you're rebuilding your engine, come talk to me.
Might find another 20-30bhp out of a V8!

Regards
IanC
Old 29 Nov 2000, 06:46 (Ref:50259)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Warning Warning. Blatant marketing opportunity alert!!!!!!
Old 4 Dec 2000, 19:53 (Ref:51082)   #29
CAR 42
Rookie

CAR 42 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WERE / WHAT

Dan the man.

Its me the mad man's back
Where will I be racing next year Toyo's / pagid depend's on what Mr strawford has in mind for the club racer next year with his aim for the power tour who know's
One thing for Sure things have turned around again of me at last.I have aquired 16K of motorcar to turn into a haul ass racing car
Only 4 pepole have seen it so lets say you will have to wait untill it finished
some clue's are / standard it has 169bhp at the wheels it has 4 doors / boot spoiler / 15" wheels / Very Tecnical Engine / and is a 1800cc

MAD RICK ????????????

P.S this means the Mini must go also some good news the good old 205 will be back but with new owner/driver.
Old 4 Dec 2000, 20:17 (Ref:51087)   #30
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok Rick, I'll bite. This is going to be a bit like 20 questions! Is it Japanese? (My first thought was a Mazda Xedos 6). Whatever I look forward to seeing you race it at Combe next year (Mr. Strawford would never be so daft as to get rid of the Pagids, but if they keep growing the way they have over tha past couple of years you might need 2 races )
Old 5 Dec 2000, 19:51 (Ref:51242)   #31
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll go with Marshal - surely japanese.. come on, tell us!!

Haven't got a clue..
Old 6 Dec 2000, 17:14 (Ref:51373)   #32
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
While not as extravagant as some of ther other posts on this topic, I will be starting my first season as a driver in 2001.

My brother and I will be entering the Mini Cooper Register Speed Championship which is part of the Midland Speed Championship ( http://www.midlandspeed.org.uk ) in the 1990 Rover Cooper we have both used as a road car over the last 5 years before we got sensible cars

Gentle modifications will be atempted over the winter months ready for the first event in April.

Old 7 Dec 2000, 18:13 (Ref:51521)   #33
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds pretty similar to what I'll be doing with my Midget next year.. Sent off for the licence this week and also carrying out slight modifications to the car.. How standard will the mini be?? Presume it's a pre injection one??

Just sorting out the events I'll do - hope to include Goodwood, Silverstone, Lydden, Gurston and Combe..
Old 7 Dec 2000, 22:30 (Ref:51557)   #34
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Just an update on my plans:

I've confirmed my entry to the Mighty Minis championship next year.

I've also just bought myself a J-reg Rover Mini Cooper 1.3i, which has already been racing in the championship for a few years.

Should be fun
Old 8 Dec 2000, 08:50 (Ref:51595)   #35
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dan,

Re: Mods to our Mini...

Yes, the Mini is one of the pre-injection Coopers, in its role as a roadcar the catalyst was removed (unsurprisingly it didn't work too well with a carb fed engine...) and some Metro Turbo vented discs and 4-pot brake calipers were added. Both of those make the car 'illegal' for the standard class in the MCR championship, so we'll be running in the 'Road Modified' class. The first stage of competition mods have been on the suspension, with the fitting of the usual Mini upgrades (hi-los, Konis, adjustable this-that-and-the-other)

The next stage (in association with our financial partners VISA, Mastercard and the National Westminster Bank's generous overdraft facilities ) will be a shiny new 1380cc engine, and rollcage and proper seat and harnesses.

The first event will probably be the double header of the Harewood hillclimb and Croft sprint on the weekend of the 15/16th April 2001.
Old 8 Dec 2000, 19:18 (Ref:51642)   #36
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Guy,

It's strange that you exactly the same sponsors as me!! they're very trustworthy I've heard...

You list all the mods that I wanted when I owned my tatty minis, hi-los were but a dream!!

You're doing more mods than me... K&N's and lowering are about as dynamic as it gets - oh and a decent set of tyres..

First event should be Finlake at the end of March - but some good events through out the year - including goodwood, excellent..
Old 10 Dec 2000, 15:12 (Ref:51859)   #37
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going back to Rick's (CAR42) post,
Is it an alfa 156?
A Rover 600?
Help....we need to know

I have just bought myself a 1.6 Pug 205, (not a gti/git though ) Should I race it
Old 10 Dec 2000, 16:57 (Ref:51867)   #38
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guy, when you order that 'shiny new 1380', insist that the block is 'offset-bored'.
This equalises the cylinder wall material, rather than having loads of material where it isn't required, and virtually nothing where it's desperately needed!!

I'm talking about the amount of block remaining between the centre cylinders, two and three. If regular concentric boring methods are used, there will be a guaranteed in-built failure point, probably just after your first race!

I've built a few of these, and not only do the blocks not crack after a mild overheating, but the head gaskets last too. AND you can run a reasonable amount of CR, too!

If you can stretch to it, a steel crank is worth it's weight in, er... steel.

My Autograss blokie runs a 1380 with 11:1 CR, a 310 deg (non-scatter) cam, and about the best head a grand will get you, and he has a 112bhp at the wheels. AND it stays together!!

Good luck all.

(This is turning into an unofficial A-Series supporters club!! Sorry Pete!)
Old 10 Dec 2000, 21:15 (Ref:51878)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sparky

(This is turning into an unofficial A-Series supporters club!! Sorry Pete!)
Not at all. I might mail you with an idea or two!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11 Dec 2000, 21:51 (Ref:52004)   #40
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Ok Rick, I'm going for a Honda Civic...

Guy, trust you have Dave Vizards book about A series engines..
Old 12 Dec 2000, 08:02 (Ref:52051)   #41
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Quote:
Guy, trust you have Dave Vizards book about A series engines..
Indeed, who hasn't?

I keep meaning the buy the latest edition, which hopefully won't be printed on bog-roll paper.
Old 12 Dec 2000, 13:50 (Ref:52070)   #42
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London
yelwoci should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Y'all
One alternative to using a steel crank is to freeze a standard one......its much cheaper and 80% as good.
QUICK DUCK AND RUN, AVOIDING BOARD RUBBER THROWN BY TEACHER (PM)

:-)
IanC
Old 13 Dec 2000, 21:36 (Ref:52297)   #43
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Helmet arrived today.. so its all systems go. Not on the grid next year - but at least the starting line!!
Old 21 Dec 2000, 10:34 (Ref:53614)   #44
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just going to hauls this thread back on liine a bit
We're going to be back out in Classic FF again for 2001. (Having tried flying at Combe and deciding I preferred land based sport )Only did 5 meetings this season so never realy got in the groove.
I've sold the Crossle 16F I had in the garage for the last 18 months for restoration, so next year I can concentrate on the Jamun.
Also got a test lined up for a FF2000 and I would like to aquire a Sports 2000 but they're a bit pricey.
Don't know what the calender will be like for 2001, I hope we will get to do most of the BARC Classic package again if they are running it, just love watching Mr Mallets brigade going three abreast through the hairpins.
See you on the black stuff
Old 23 Dec 2000, 04:06 (Ref:53923)   #45
torana
Rookie

torana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Im hoping to race both of the cars in the coming year.
The torana GTR XU1 in probbaly 4- 6 races and I am hoping to take the Prince Skyline out for a run at the Mallala (South Australia) round of the Australian Historic Touring Car Cup.
This car came out of retirement to run in the regularity events at the Sandown Historic races. It hasnt been raced for 5 yeras and despite a few minor problems went well.
I was only 3 seconds off the pace from 5 years ago using 1000 rpm less through the gears and on old battery cases for tyres (6 yo Yokohama A008) and soggy shocks.
All in all I was very happy, especially when my wife drove the car on the track for the first time also and improved her times by 20 seconds from Friday private prac to sunday regiularity event. If she keeps that up she'll be quicker than me in my own car.
hells bells can't have that happen.
ahve a happy Xmas to one and all
peter sneddon
Old 29 Dec 2000, 22:04 (Ref:54772)   #46
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Torana, will you be running at the Phillip Island historic meeting in February? I received an entry form the other day in the post but unfortunately i won't be able to go. My Dad however, will be in Canberra in February, so I've convinced him to drive down to the island for the weekend and take heaps of photos for me. What can he expect in terms of a Group N entry and do you think the Ferrari F1 car will do any laps?
Old 30 Dec 2000, 10:54 (Ref:54900)   #47
torana
Rookie

torana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im hoping to run if i get my liscence back from CAMS
they hevent even sent them out as yet.
We are hoping to get entries at about the same as last year
for the Australian Historic touring Car Cup last year we had 84 entries.
The racing was grouped into over and under 3 ltr no matter whether the cars were Na, Nb or Nc
It turned out really well and should be the same this time around.

I havent looked at car since Sandown Historic and will have to start next week. I need to freshen up the engine after 3 years 10 race meetings and 2 heavy crashes it might be the right thing to do.
Old 5 Jan 2001, 12:32 (Ref:56244)   #48
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm planning to do 4 meetings in Queensland this year, plus 3 or 4 in NSW as well. Unfortunately Victoria is just too far away.