Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 4 Sep 2001, 00:55 (Ref:140934)   #1
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grand Prix Legends

Just wondering all your best results, crashes, accounts of playing GPL. I have had the game a few months and am only now starting to get the hang of it, and only then at Watkins Glen, my best is 14th on the grid, and you can have amazing crashes at turn 4 at the end of the main straight, absolutly awesome accidents, flipping through the air and over the fence etc..

Awesome game though
Old 5 Oct 2001, 12:36 (Ref:156224)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
GPL

Hi Racer - it is good, isn't it!! I remember when I first got it I was up most of the night just trying to get around Watkins Glen without sliding off somewhere EVERY lap! Monza in the Ferrari is my favourite (I have actually won a short novice race there from pole - not much to shout about, I know, but then again.....) The Ferrari makes such a lovely noise!!

Can I suggest you download some of the setups - there are sites all over the place like Alison Hine's, the US Pits and others. They really do make a difference.

Happy racing!
Old 15 Oct 2001, 20:04 (Ref:161080)   #3
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For grand Prix Legends (GPL) have a look at:

www.vroc.net (Race on line and chat with GPL nuts)

www.simracingmag.com (One of many GPL sites around, got good links)

www.papy.com (for the 1.2 update files to run Geforce 2 graphics cards etc)

www.gplea.org (for more tracks, Solitude is a must)

For you uk players, www.ukgpl.co.uk for a uk based race series.

From all of these sites you should be able to get your lap times down and have a great laugh.
Old 19 Oct 2001, 12:37 (Ref:162879)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've just downloaded GPL with Morpheus. The readme.txt said it is the full and cracked NO-CD game. But it after the main screen it gets back to windows !

Any ideas ????
Old 19 Oct 2001, 12:40 (Ref:162882)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've got the game itself, Bononi, so I can't help. It's on sale as a budget title from Sierra at the moment, so you should be able to get it for less than a tenner anyway. (But you do need to get hold of the two books which came with the original game).

Old 19 Oct 2001, 14:13 (Ref:162936)   #6
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I borrowed the game off a friend, loaded it onto my computer, then gave the game, CD as well back to the guy, and i am still able to play the game, still able to save where i am up to.

Occasionally the game gets back into windows though and occasionally the sound cuts out, but apart from that it is perfect.
Old 21 Oct 2001, 00:05 (Ref:163391)   #7
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beau Rivage, Ste. Devote up the hill to Massonet in the Ferrari. roll it gently up to Devote. Then bury it!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BREAK!!! BREAK, DEAR GOD, BREAK!!!!!!!! Bang.
Old 21 Oct 2001, 20:19 (Ref:163654)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You clearly need professional help, Tristan.

But then again, don't we all!!

Old 23 Oct 2001, 16:34 (Ref:164512)   #9
winstonhenry
Rookie

winstonhenry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GPL's Finest Crashes

I remember spinning off the back stretch at the Glen, catching the ditch and performing 20 barrel rolls in about 3 seconds! And it was all totally accidental.
Old 27 Oct 2001, 21:05 (Ref:166379)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But

a) Did you save the replay, and
b) Did you finish the lap?

(I suppose

c) Did you win the race?

would be asking too much!).