Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Feb 2019, 10:52 (Ref:3884086)   #26
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Profuse apologies! Amended in thread title, at least.....
Old 14 Feb 2019, 11:21 (Ref:3884100)   #27
I16
Racer

I16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All is good - hope you all have a great weekend. Stirling Moss once said when he arrived at Teretonga "what utter desolation" He wasn't far wrong!
Old 15 Feb 2019, 04:31 (Ref:3884294)   #28
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news/bad news......found the gremlin, dodgy wiring on the master switch hidden high behind the dash. Car going well in practice......until the rear hub broke and the wheel and I parted company. Can't be fixed so that's that. As the song goes 'you picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel.....'
Old 15 Feb 2019, 04:40 (Ref:3884295)   #29
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry to hear that, Colin. The good side is that nobody's injured.
Old 15 Feb 2019, 05:25 (Ref:3884298)   #30
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
From Iain- This was sunrise this morning (11hrs ago ) and just before racing started!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3673.JPG   IMG_3677.JPG  
Old 15 Feb 2019, 05:30 (Ref:3884301)   #31
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Good news/bad news......found the gremlin, dodgy wiring on the master switch hidden high behind the dash. Car going well in practice......until the rear hub broke and the wheel and I parted company. Can't be fixed so that's that. As the song goes 'you picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel.....'
Colin, so sorry to hear that. 'Lady Luck' has not been kind to you on this trip. Hope the R&R has been some compensation...….
Old 16 Feb 2019, 01:47 (Ref:3884530)   #32
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Wet Qualy and I was a girlie . P9. Good start and got P3 with second fastest lap . Next race coming up .
Old 16 Feb 2019, 02:07 (Ref:3884537)   #33
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Wet Qualy and I was a girlie ....
Thanks Iain! As soon as I read that, Monty Pythons Lumberjack Song came into my head, and now it wont leave!

It seems like you manned up in the race though.... podium finish and 2nd fastest lap.... good stuff.

That Alex Morton (#75) seems a bit quick!
https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Sessions/5230985

Last edited by E.B; 16 Feb 2019 at 02:15. Reason: Added link to results.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 02:08 (Ref:3884539)   #34
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Good stuff, yeah! In the meanwhile I guess my hero Colin is taking pictures. C'on Colin, you'll be back, hakunamatata!
Old 16 Feb 2019, 03:06 (Ref:3884543)   #35
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Brilliant race brilliant . Dropped to 6 th then got to P2 by a few 1000 ths of a second . Great fun.Two more races tomorrow .Im in heaven.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 05:10 (Ref:3884545)   #36
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Heaven? No doors? Race cheek to cheek!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6qX8wkr7iI
Old 16 Feb 2019, 05:36 (Ref:3884546)   #37
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Well done (so far) Boss. Gearbox holding up. obviously!

Looks a relaxed atmosphere in the Formula Junior tent.....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3690.JPG   IMG_3691.JPG  
Old 16 Feb 2019, 07:53 (Ref:3884553)   #38
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Heaven? No doors? Race cheek to cheek!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6qX8wkr7iI
I enjoyed that Gerard .👍
Old 16 Feb 2019, 08:14 (Ref:3884556)   #39
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I’m confused, just had couple of emails from delta suggesting ‘Cold and windy this morning’, but it must be evening there now.....

Oh, and apparently a sign in the bakery announcing ‘NO CROISSANTS’......

Think someone’s winding you up, bud!

Proof of practice times.....
Attached Thumbnails
7B299FE5-CDFA-4876-A9CC-E8619BC634E2.jpeg  
Old 16 Feb 2019, 15:20 (Ref:3884619)   #40
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Iain forget about those qwassons, E.B must have booked good ones by now. Congratulations not only for your results but for sharing your pleasure. Thank you and pedal to the metal!
Old 16 Feb 2019, 19:34 (Ref:3884665)   #41
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Nice to see Justin Fleming is down there, one of the nicest blokes you'd want to meet...........along with Iain R of course
Old 16 Feb 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3884667)   #42
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
And who is Alex Morton please? Is it my computer screen or some cars really look like Vanwalls? Anyway, nice looking machines.
Old 17 Feb 2019, 05:26 (Ref:3884721)   #43
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Alex does lurk on Ten tenths . He has driven very well all three race meetings . Well done Alex . The Lightning is a super car powered by a Richardson engine so the whole packadge . I had another two p2 finishes but way of Alex pace . Now in Resturant having a Burt Monroe steak . Life could not be any better . 👍
Old 17 Feb 2019, 05:31 (Ref:3884722)   #44
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Good to see you enjoying the moment. Do they know french fries over there?
Old 17 Feb 2019, 05:36 (Ref:3884726)   #45
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
And who is Alex Morton please? Is it my computer screen or some cars really look like Vanwalls? Anyway, nice looking machines.
Formula Juniors always look like the smaller brothers of same period F1 cars, so I guess 'Junior'...…

You need to do a bit of research on them, Gerard. They really are delightful little cars, and I should have bought one years ago!

http://formulajunior.com/
Old 17 Feb 2019, 05:46 (Ref:3884727)   #46
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Merci beaucoup Mike, c'est délicat de votre part. I do appreciate your help when many would be tempted to point out either few knowledge or lack of culture. This brings back to an old delta post when we were talking about the movie Grand Prix. Iain said many FJ were used if I remember well.
Old 17 Feb 2019, 06:13 (Ref:3884729)   #47
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Gerard, I was like you years ago, and I was also a bit dismissive of the FJ cars. The whole story of Count Lurani and the starting of Formula Junior Racing is worth learning.

I pretty sure also that every car racing in the FJHRA and Lurani Championship is an original car with history, which can’t be said for many categories.

Mr Rowley mentions food again, so here’s the Menu he ordered his steak from. Sorry the pic won’t load upright from iPad.....
Attached Thumbnails
00C61E47-7E53-4C62-AE18-47F150B178BE.jpeg  
Old 17 Feb 2019, 07:47 (Ref:3884742)   #48
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks Mike
Iain, my I suggest the wild pig hunter spare ribs? Excellent choice. With a Steinlager 'f course.
Old 17 Feb 2019, 09:22 (Ref:3884757)   #49
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Good to see you enjoying the moment. Do they know french fries over there?
No, only chups sometimes served with fush
Old 17 Feb 2019, 11:23 (Ref:3884779)   #50
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place

Mihimmed Girard…