Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Apr 2013, 20:31 (Ref:3238584)   #1
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Mitty - Road Atlanta - April 26-28

The Mitty is this weekend! MG is the featured marque, David Hobbs is the Grand Marshall, and there will be 20 Can-Am cars there.

http://classicmotorsports.net/events/Mitty13/

Who's going and when? Anyone on here driving??
Old 26 Apr 2013, 13:13 (Ref:3239651)   #2
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I got a three day ticket. Heading to the track around noon on Friday. Weather looks iffy on Saturday on really bad on Sunday.
Old 26 Apr 2013, 13:42 (Ref:3239660)   #3
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
A friend and I will be there all day tomorrow. Weather calling for overcast and 50% chance of showers. I've never been to an HSR event where it rained, do they cancel on-track activities or just switch to rain tires? I'd imagine the bikes won't run at least.

From looking over the schedule it looks like there will be track tours around lunch time and we need to sign up at the HSR tent. Any ideas on where this will be specifically?
Old 26 Apr 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3239664)   #4
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
From looking over the schedule it looks like there will be track tours around lunch time and we need to sign up at the HSR tent. Any ideas on where this will be specifically?
The HSR tent is usually in vendor village.
Old 26 Apr 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3239665)   #5
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am heading to the track shortly. The forecast does look terrible, especially on Sunday. Typically, the drivers will go out in a light rain but not very heavy. That being said, I have seen Bobby Rahal start from pit lane in an old F1 car and lap the field in the rain.

The HSR tent is normally right in the middle of the track, however I believe it was set up on the inside of T10 last week.

I will be camped out (along with... **** I forgot his handle) in T4 as usual.
Old 26 Apr 2013, 18:35 (Ref:3239734)   #6
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Broad? Will try to stop by again
Old 26 Apr 2013, 22:38 (Ref:3239815)   #7
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Broad? Will try to stop by again
Yep, that's him!

Bunch of can am cars including a Shadow. Old Morgan GT car. Good stuff.
Old 27 Apr 2013, 01:51 (Ref:3239858)   #8
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
The HSR tent is usually in vendor village.
My bad. That's the Classic Motorsport magazine tent. The HSR tent is in the old paddock in front of the Chalet Suites.

Two Shadows, a 917, Akin 962, Penske RS Syder, and the list goes on...
Old 30 Apr 2013, 02:58 (Ref:3240847)   #9
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Well, that was a successful weekend albeit a little damp. I'm very happy that the weather held out for everyone on Saturday. If you stayed overnight, I feel your pain.

Here is a gallery of my photos from this weekend:
https://plus.google.com/photos/10858...08592778295713
Old 30 Apr 2013, 09:35 (Ref:3240921)   #10
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great photos, JH.

What a variety of rollover bars displayed on the road sport type cars ranging from the massive structure on the blue MGA number 59 to the neat little number on the white XK number 35.
Old 30 Apr 2013, 12:33 (Ref:3240972)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, thanks for sharing the photos! Always good to see cars racing in other parts of the world.

Apart from the variation in roll bars and cages, am curious as to the helmet being worn by the driver in MGB #60! The pipework reminds me of something out of an old Dr Who programme.....

Old 30 Apr 2013, 12:40 (Ref:3240974)   #12
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
I was only there for Saturday, but it was a good event. Got to talk to David Robertson about his adventures, get a close look at some significant cars and take mine on the track during lunch. Good times for sure!

JH where exactly were you guys? I thought I saw the flags and stopped by but I got blank stares from whoever it was lol
Old 1 May 2013, 21:37 (Ref:3241533)   #13
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Great photos, JH.

What a variety of rollover bars displayed on the road sport type cars ranging from the massive structure on the blue MGA number 59 to the neat little number on the white XK number 35.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Yes, thanks for sharing the photos! Always good to see cars racing in other parts of the world.

Apart from the variation in roll bars and cages, am curious as to the helmet being worn by the driver in MGB #60! The pipework reminds me of something out of an old Dr Who programme.....

Thanks fellas! I'm not a roll cage expert, so I can't answer those questions but the XK was the oldest car racing this weekend and he put on quite the show. We noticed #60's helmet on Friday and that is Bell stock car helmet. Not sure what the hose was connected to or why he would have a cool box in an open top car.

Quote:
I was only there for Saturday, but it was a good event. Got to talk to David Robertson about his adventures, get a close look at some significant cars and take mine on the track during lunch. Good times for sure!

JH where exactly were you guys? I thought I saw the flags and stopped by but I got blank stares from whoever it was lol
Right in the middle of T4 next to the oak tree. broadrun had a flag pole out with an MG flag. I didn't bring mine. This is my rig, keep an eye out for it:
Old 2 May 2013, 05:42 (Ref:3241596)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
We noticed #60's helmet on Friday and that is Bell stock car helmet. Not sure what the hose was connected to or why he would have a cool box in an open top car.
I guessed it was for cooling. Perhaps the driver overheats easily!

And talking of cool- Cool truck! How much does it cost a year in polish?
Old 3 May 2013, 16:57 (Ref:3242229)   #15
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I guessed it was for cooling. Perhaps the driver overheats easily!

And talking of cool- Cool truck! How much does it cost a year in polish?
Thanks. Very little money but LOTS of time. It's massive.
Old 4 May 2013, 15:41 (Ref:3242728)   #16
69stang
Rookie

69stang should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey guys, I was there on Saturday and noticed the crashed T/A car under wraps on the pro side. What was the story on the car, I can not find any info at all about a major accident, and it looked to have been MAJOR!
Old 4 May 2013, 20:29 (Ref:3242878)   #17
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69stang View Post
Hey guys, I was there on Saturday and noticed the crashed T/A car under wraps on the pro side. What was the story on the car, I can not find any info at all about a major accident, and it looked to have been MAJOR!
I thought that was a stock car? Not sure as I didn't look too closely but as it was destroyed on both ends, that is a hallmark of a T12 incident.
Old 4 May 2013, 23:50 (Ref:3242941)   #18
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There was a Panoz school car with both ends bent and rear suspension destroyed in the middle of the pro paddock on Saturday evening. Think it was spun off in 11 by someone diving under it and clipped on the way to 12, just caught the end of one spin on the radio Saturday morning but wasn't listening intently.