Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 3 Jun 2004, 19:14 (Ref:993040)   #1
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GPL Ten-Tenths Season 3

I have got around (at last) to finishing the races out for season 3. Sorry to disapoint some of you but no 65Mod just yet. I have kept tracks like Monaco in as they are historic tracks and I feel should be in. Other updates include a small change to the points structure.

Hopefully the race order is to everyones taste

Therefore the race order, car and race dates used for this season are:

Kyalami BRM 29th June
Indianapolis Eagle 11th July
Monaco Brabham 27th July
Sachsenring Lotus 10th August
Zandvoort Cooper 24th August
Spa Ferrari 7th September
Snetterton 67 Honda 21st September

Part 2, will take place after a 4 week break in September/October, with a break over Christmas for the championship decider.

Nurburgring Ferrari 12th October
Bathurst Honda 26th October
Goodwood Brabham 9th November
Solitude BRM 23rd November
Rouen Cooper 7th December
Brands 67 Eagle 21st December 2004
Clermont-FerrandLotus 4th January 2005

If you could email (not a pm if poss) me the full rules and have your email adress to use for any rule changes, etc.
Old 3 Jun 2004, 19:34 (Ref:993069)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cool
e-mail will be on it's way tomorrow morning.

Just a couple of points though
  1. Sachsenring is really intensive graphics wise. Not so great for some of us who will be having serious frame rate problems, even with the lite version (which I think isn't hosted anywhere just now anyway)
  2. 21st December is rather too close to Xmas IMO
  3. The last race is on my 18th Birthday
  4. Advanced warning:Can't do Sachsenring and Zandvoort, on holiday
  5. BRM Kyalami
Old 3 Jun 2004, 20:12 (Ref:993133)   #3
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks good Tony.

Advanced warning - cant do Kyalami, think I'm on my way to Le Mans for the 24hr kart race, need to check.

Count me in for the rest
Old 3 Jun 2004, 20:26 (Ref:993150)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will the races be suitable even for those on dial up?
Old 3 Jun 2004, 20:33 (Ref:993161)   #5
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Works perfectly fine for me on a dial-up at 10FPS in software mode DF Thinking of joining?
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 3 Jun 2004, 20:34 (Ref:993167)   #6
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was actually Not sure about where I can get the extra tracks though. And theres the small matter of me sucking big time at GPL :S

Last edited by Down F0rce; 3 Jun 2004 at 20:44.
Old 3 Jun 2004, 20:43 (Ref:993178)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll be there for some of the races, I have no doubt, but I've been almost completely weaned off of GPL67. I find racing the 65s a lot more fun. So I'm not likely to be there for all the races. And a note for future reference, if I need to host anything (not that I've tried since the advent of iGOR), I'm now BW patched.
Old 3 Jun 2004, 20:44 (Ref:993179)   #8
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was pretty terrible too DF
Managed to embarrase Spud with a smooth move off the line into Eau Rouge though, and then he crashed twice trying to re-pass me
Old 3 Jun 2004, 20:45 (Ref:993181)   #9
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I'll be there for some of the races, I have no doubt, but I've been almost completely weaned off of GPL67. I find racing the 65s a lot more fun. So I'm not likely to be there for all the races. And a note for future reference, if I need to host anything (not that I've tried since the advent of iGOR), I'm now BW patched.
Shame
Old 3 Jun 2004, 20:49 (Ref:993187)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What, that I'm patched?

Patchy, more like......
Old 3 Jun 2004, 20:54 (Ref:993194)   #11
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First impressions of the new season:-

I... erm... it's not the best I could have hoped for

Actually, I quite like the first half of the season. Only problem with it is Sachsenring. As P says, it's very graphics intensive, and me being on the short end of the processor stick, I'm down at 5 FPS in some parts of the track. Hopefully I can have a new PC by then. Other than that, it shouldn't be too bad, as I like a lot of the tracks. And guess who was the first to recommend an oval Really looking forward to that one, as I think everyone is.

But unfortunately, for me, the season really goes steeply downhill after the halfway break. I can't really see a single race where I'll do well.

1) Nurburgring - well, OK, I like the track, but if I'm anything like last season's race there...
2) Bathurst - DLing it now. Will it work fine?
3) Goodwood - HATE it. Can't drive anywhere near quickly at it, and was easily my worst race of last season.
4) Solitude - unable to race atm, as it doesn't work in software mode
5) Rouen - slow and going off a lot since I dropped the aids
6) Brands - 6 FPS
7) Charade - :confused: You're hedging your bets a bit here Tony I like your thinking...

But hey, that's all personal stuff, and as with all calenders, you just gotta make the most of it However, I'm gonna be clear that I'm dubious about using two of the same addon tracks that we used last season. Why? Or more specifically - why not try something else? Thruxton and Crystal would have been alright as suitable British replacements, if nationality's the reason behind them staying in. I also feel that we should have a more even spread of the originals throughout the season, only 1 out of 7 in the 2nd half of the season is a bit barren.

I guess no 65 Mod might be OK for me then, as I've barely touched it. Not sure the reasoning behind it, but I'm perfectly fine with the ruling

Roll on Kya!

Last edited by crozier74; 3 Jun 2004 at 21:02.
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 3 Jun 2004, 21:48 (Ref:993252)   #12
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
What, that I'm patched?

Patchy, more like......
That you're not going to race much because of the use of the 67s, not 65s.
FWIW, the 65mod doesn't do much for me, but I still think we should really be doing some races in it this time, especially Monaco, Brands and Clermont. It's surely not difficult to accomodate?:confused:
Old 3 Jun 2004, 22:32 (Ref:993291)   #13
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by crozier74
First impressions of the new season:-

I... erm... it's not the best I could have hoped for

Actually, I quite like the first half of the season. Only problem with it is Sachsenring. As P says, it's very graphics intensive, and me

[...............]

I guess no 65 Mod might be OK for me then, as I've barely touched it. Not sure the reasoning behind it, but I'm perfectly fine with the ruling

Roll on Kya!
Well, you did the "personal" stuff, so so will I
  • Kyalami Well, should be close, but I know I've got good pace there, connection's the trouble
  • Indianapolis Done some running there at least...
  • Monaco Oh heck, this is gonna be a long race in the Brabham
  • Sachsenring Away
  • Zandvoort Away
  • Spa Oh boy
  • Snetterton I won't let this one slip my grasp this time Tony
  • Nurburgring Must do better than last time
  • Bathurst See Spa
  • Goodwood
  • Solitude Oh goodie
  • Rouen This has to be mine. One of my best tracks in one of my favorite cars
  • Brands 67 Done more running than anybody else so far...
  • Clermont-Ferrand This track will be simply awesome

Last edited by pirenzo; 3 Jun 2004 at 22:33.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 09:52 (Ref:993665)   #14
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

I will have a luck at sachenring, and double check it all works fine on my comupter (ge-Force2, 1.1Mhz, 512mb).

The other thing is I will never please everone with the races, I can only do my best, and with the answers I got from the questionaire (not that many of you) I did what i could.

I kept 8 tracks we have raced on before on so that we are not always trying to learn new tracks. And with the tracks that we are running on are all drivers tracks that might not be always be the best to race on but when you get the laps right you get a real buzz out of getting them right.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 10:20 (Ref:993690)   #15
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well, I've got GeForce2 16Mb, 1.462GHz, 128Mb RAM and its a bit jerky on that.

btw, how do you pronounce it, sashenring or sak-senring?
Old 4 Jun 2004, 12:22 (Ref:993813)   #16
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Neither.
Sag-sunring.
soft G.
Old 6 Jun 2004, 18:22 (Ref:995438)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I find Clermont very resource-intensive. Even with P4 2.2 516 RAM and 16 meg GeForce 2.
Old 6 Jun 2004, 18:24 (Ref:995439)   #18
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
But I suspect we'll be racing the GPLEA version

They've got the P115 off their chests, now they can concentrate on Clermont.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 20:14 (Ref:996601)   #19
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Full rules posted below:

The race length is Intermediate Long length for the entire season. All races will have 40 minutes qualifying session. For the shorter tracks this might be a long time, but it should balance out for the longer tracks. Also it gives people more chance to join with an extra ten minutes before the race. This also means races should still finish around 9.30BST.

Important. There will be no races re-run unless the host server is lost. It does not matter if only 2 people finish, that’s racing sometimes.

1) There are no limits to the number of times you Shift-R in the race but the more you spin off the more you lose. “To finish first, first you have to finish” to quote a well-known phrase. It is in your best interest to keep on track at all times.

2) If you feel aggrieved by a move carried out on you by another driver then save and send a clip of the incident to me (Tony Simpson), so that it can be checked, and anything that can be done to improve the situation will be done.

Finishing place deduction (moderator’s discretion) will be given out, an avoidable tap up the back end, one place deduction and a purposeful taking out of a driver is a disqualification of that race and possibly more.

3) If you cause an accident it is your responsibility to come into the pits and have a stop-go penalty. The person who causes the accident only does this. This is done so that the perpetrator of the accident does not gain an unfair advantage and in fact gets a bigger disadvantage than the person they hit is.

Such incidents you will need to do the penalty are when you crash/drive into the back of some one else, rejoin badly, etc. If you cause the accident and do the stop-go penalty then any further penalties after this point will be reduced/ removed.

This is being done to make sure that underhanded tactics are not used in any racing. If people are found to be mistreating this racing conduct then there are ways of keeping the racing clean. This is not a threat it is a serious point, this is a friendly league, we do not want to introduce certain rules.

4) All races will be provisional for one week after the race has taken place. It is up to you in that time to send any queries or questions regarding the race. After this date no questions will be officially answered and the results not changed. The moderator will then send an email with the amended race results, and penalties etc, etc out a few days after the week.

5) The Server replay will be used to look at all decisions regarding incidents. If the server replay is not available then any relevant replay showing the incident can be consulted.

6) The points system for the race will be 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1. This is as the maximum number of spaces on the grid is about 12. All drivers that start the race score points (those of you in the top eight anyway). If there is a tie in the points at the end of the season the person with the better results (most wins/ 2nd places, etc) will be awarded higher in the standings.

7) There will be one point for the fastest laps in both qualifying and the race.

8) If you get disconnected from the race for what ever reason then you will still get your points for finishing in the race. If you retire because you have had a bad race and quit out of frustration then you will not get any points. This can be checked through the server replay.

9) 13 of the 14 races will count towards the final championship, so you can have one bad race. That’s it

10) Other general rules are that all cars are of the original game, which means no engine swaps (no Lotus engines in a Brabham), no tyre changes. The cars must handle like the game was initially intended to be

11) No Drivers aids are to be run. They must be turned off. They will only slow you down and make driving more difficult if you do run them.

12) When qualifying you do not Shift R on track. If you spin and crash and get damage you restart from the pit lane.

13) The Moderators rule is final.

Your Moderator is Tony Simpson and all questions should be passed to him, who will try his best to solve them.

The Moderators role is to look at the race and check to see if everyone is behaving himself or herself, no one is cheating etc, etc. He then finalises the race results after penalties. He is there to look over the league in case anything gets out of had, questions are asked, etc, etc, etc

These rules are here to keep a check on the racing and not stop it from happening, and remember this is a friendly racing league, not a free for all. Keep racing clean, and to have fun.

Any further questions please ask.

Tony
Old 7 Jun 2004, 20:15 (Ref:996604)   #20
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Just add the race dates for the full copy of the rules.

Tony
Old 7 Jun 2004, 20:51 (Ref:996646)   #21
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Thanks. Points for pole and fastest lap

13 out of 14. I'm only there for 12

Can I ask something though, at somewhere like Indy, it could be beneficial to start with a low fuel load and zoom off while the others squabble over positions behind and then make a "pit stop" half way through the race by pulling over to shift-R, get a new set of tyres and fuel and then zoom off again.
Probably wouldn't work for Inter Long, but if I were to try it (not saying I will but i'm interested) would I be penalised, or in other words, would it be considered cheating or not within the spirit of the rules or whatever?
Old 7 Jun 2004, 22:12 (Ref:996723)   #22
917Addicted
Racer

917Addicted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh Pirenzo, for good lord......... New Ross Brawn maybe?
Old 7 Jun 2004, 22:40 (Ref:996741)   #23
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
The more I think about it, the more I know it wouldn't work. Strategic stops are born out of the necessity to either change tyre or refuel and I need do neither so it wouldn't work...
Old 10 Jun 2004, 19:45 (Ref:1000040)   #24
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i have no problems with cars . and tracks rather then i have quite a few that i haven;t raced before . show get them soon
29 is rather close to my last exam . but it should not be a problem ..

Ciao Marco
Old 13 Jun 2004, 10:51 (Ref:1002477)   #25
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ttfl 3

Tony i will be e-mailing you as i wish to join in now i have igor working, i may not make all of the events and i am not competative, but will keep out of peoples way. I just want to run my own race and see if i can improve my pb.

Regards
Peter